Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-20-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Actually it wasn't until I was re-watching it that I heard Goldy say that, I was so into the match I missed hearing him say that during the fight, AND, I missed the stats they were putting up on the screen too!

Yeah, about those two judges
I am sure you were the only one bonnie!!!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
This.

JH had every opportunity to win that fight and didn't. For all the people who hate on GSP for not finishing fights they sure are quiet when it comes to this one. JH deserved to lose that fight and he did.

I liked the guy until I heard him in the post fights presser and interviews. Now he's just a very talented tool.

GSP won 1,3,5..... the belt is where it should be. Damage and ugly faces do not win fights. IF they did Nick Diaz would have lost every single decision he's ever been in as well as a few other fighters.
man, I knew I missed you around here for a good reason .. great insight .. I agree 100%
Old 11-20-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
man, I knew I missed you around here for a good reason .. great insight .. I agree 100%
Well thank you.... thank you very much. LOL
Old 11-20-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Actually it wasn't until I was re-watching it that I heard Goldy say that, I was so into the match I missed hearing him say that during the fight, AND, I missed the stats they were putting up on the screen too!

Yeah, about those two judges
and, watching it again today, after the second round in jh's corner, his coach, not laimon, the other guy, says "you probably got two now", that in itself shows it was close .. every coach after a dominant round will tell their fighter they got the round .. telling jh he probably had the first two doesn't sound too confident to me ... this is not a robbery like most people are making it out to be
Old 11-20-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
seriously tho .. you should get on here more and post ... miss ya bud!!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Life is busy my man but I'm trying.

You can always find me on Facebook. ;)
Old 11-20-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:

if I ever reactivate my account, I am gonna find ya!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
if I ever reactivate my account, I am gonna find ya!
Is this a bromance?

Old 11-20-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
This.

JH had every opportunity to win that fight and didn't. For all the people who hate on GSP for not finishing fights they sure are quiet when it comes to this one. JH deserved to lose that fight and he did.

I liked the guy until I heard him in the post fights presser and interviews. Now he's just a very talented tool.

GSP won 1,3,5..... the belt is where it should be. Damage and ugly faces do not win fights. IF they did Nick Diaz would have lost every single decision he's ever been in as well as a few other fighters.
I only saw what he said with Joe Rogan right after the fight...what was he saying later?

And comparing what's been said about GSP not finishing fights to Johny and this particular fight isn't really "apples to apples" in my humble opinion. I'm not sure why you're saying Johny "deserved" to lose the fight?

Just because some of us believe Johny won doesn't mean we're haters. Just because some don't root for GSP doesn't make them haters. Everybody likes who they like.

Quote:
and, watching it again today, after the second round in jh's corner, his coach, not laimon, the other guy, says "you probably got two now", that in itself shows it was close .. every coach after a dominant round will tell their fighter they got the round .. telling jh he probably had the first two doesn't sound too confident to me ... this is not a robbery like most people are making it out to be
Did you see what Ariel Halwani said in the Post Fight Show about hearing GSP's trainer tell him during the break after round 3 going into 4, "You're down 2-1." That means GSP's team thought he'd already lost 2 rounds which had to be 1 & 2, right, because everyone agrees he won 3. We know Johny won round 4 so that would mean GSP's own team thought Johny won 1, 2 & 4.

Johny's team is telling him, "You've probably got two.", then GSP's team is telling him, "You're down 2-1"...sounds like both corners were on the same page and had Johny leading by 2 rounds going into the 4th.

Thanks for sharing that and confirming what I already knew...Johny was the winner!

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Is this a bromance?

yes