Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

the true Tragedy of UFC 167 was that GSP made a choice to perpetuate a myth against his own honour and that of the UFC title itself. It was the 20th Celebration, He was the main event, and the commission wrongly awarded him the championship. He knew it, The Organisation knew it, his opponent knew it. If he had removed that belt, there and then, and handed it to Johny Hendricks.....think of what he might have achieved. If He valued being a Champion, as much as holding a meaningless trophie, not only would he have erased a reign full of accusations, he would have forever gained the heart of the mob. He gained his piece of Gold...but he didnt leave The Champion.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
after rewatching the fight I realized I was wrong when I said GSP won the fight.
I should have said GSP won the fight twice....after all the judges gave him the win
on points and Hendricks tapped in the first for the sub win.
so not only should they get paid for fight of the night GSP should get the money for sub of the night.
Put down the crack pipe, Brad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
the true Tragedy of UFC 167 was that GSP made a choice to perpetuate a myth against his own honour and that of the UFC title itself. It was the 20th Celebration, He was the main event, and the commission wrongly awarded him the championship. He knew it, The Organisation knew it, his opponent knew it. If he had removed that belt, there and then, and handed it to Johny Hendricks.....think of what he might have achieved. If He valued being a Champion, as much as holding a meaningless trophie, not only would he have erased a reign full of accusations, he would have forever gained the heart of the mob. He gained his piece of Gold...but he didnt leave The Champion.
++++++++++++

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

++++++++++++
lol...okay flo...but dave has too go first
Old 11-17-2013, 06:23 PM

Okay, I'm re-watching the fight now. I'm at the choke in the first round and looking at Johny's hand movement. Brad, looking at it in slow motion, you can see that Johny brings his right arm out and part of his forearm near his elbow meets up with with GSP's left thigh above the knee area, and as GSP moves his leg, Johny's arm and hand move. Seeing it slowed down you can see it wasn't really a tap. Like I mentioned before, it caught my eye last night and I initially wondered about it too. And you know Joe Rogan would have been screaming about it if it had been a tap!

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-18-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

That's what I wanted to tell RNC last night! But I refrained.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-18-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I'd rather be johny then georges....do you remember years ago when he was fighting hughes and serra i first brought up the concern that there was something wrong with Georges...as in, he's mentally as week as a plum?

Did you hear him in the post fight interview, or at the post fight press conference...the guy is slowly losing it I fear...I made my concerns that he was mentally weak, and driven to act on a mental level, I spoke about how he gets injuries at specific times in order to avoid an inevitability, and how he will go to any lengths to win, ergo Grease Gate....people on here told me I was just hating and that I was potty...well look at Georges now...and tell me that there isnt something wrong in his head
Old 11-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I'd rather be johny then georges....do you remember years ago when he was fighting hughes and serra i first brought up the concern that there was something wrong with Georges...as in, he's mentally as week as a plum?

Did you hear him in the post fight interview, or at the post fight press conference...the guy is slowly losing it I fear...I made my concerns that he was mentally weak, and driven to act on a mental level, I spoke about how he gets injuries at specific times in order to avoid an inevitability, and how he will go to any lengths to win, ergo Grease Gate....people on here told me I was just hating and that I was potty...well look at Georges now...and tell me that there isnt something wrong in his head
yes I would hate to be GSP as well....I just don't know what I would do with all that money...
sometimes your just funny dave. . and other times....
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:

Maybe someone should get Georges a nightlight for his dark place
Old 11-17-2013, 08:40 PM

Round 1 - GSP gets take down, attempts choke but they're both quickly back on their feet. Both of them throwing knees, muscling each other. Johny throws some hard knees to GSP's thighs. GSP attempts a takedown, has Johny's right leg, but Johny easily maintains his balance and throws hard punches to GSP's face. GSP backs him up against the fence but Johny gives him some really hard elbows, vicious, to the side of GSP's head causing GSP to let go. Johny now has GSP turned around on fence and lands hard knees to GSP's thighs. Johny gets a takedown (1-1). Elbow to Georges face, more hard knee to his thigh. Hard knee by Johny, nice kick by GSP. Both throwing and missing; high kick by GSP, hard knee to thigh by Hendricks. Goldy saying so far Hendricks the leader in significant strikes landed with a little over 30 seconds left on clock. Kicks by Hendricks. Both throw, miss. Round ends with Johny moving forward being the aggressor.

After watching it again, I still think Johny edged George in this round with more aggression and control, and with more significant strikes, knees, elbows.

Round 2 - Hendricks. I really think Johny could have finished GSP and the fight here when he had George hurt and wobbling early in the round if he had just kept blasting him with some more of those hard shots...not sure why he didn't take more advantage of that.

Round 3 - GSP

Round 4 - Hendricks

Round 5 - Okay, after re-watching this round, I can see how they gave it to George. For me, it was like the 1st round, but in reverse, George came off more as the aggressor and edged Johny.

After re-watching the fight, I've changed my mind about Round 5 and am now giving it to George. I have George winning 3 & 5, but still have Johny winning the fight with rounds 1, 2 & 4.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
lol...okay flo...but dave has too go first

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16