Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-17-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Oh...man.

It all comes down to the first round. GSP clearly won the 3rd & 5th rounds, IMO. Hendricks clearly won 2 & 4.

Even though I'm a GSP fan, I scored the first round to Hendricks. BUT, I can see an argument for GSP taking the first...the early take down could have skewed it in his favor.

Hendricks is the uncrowned champ, in my eyes right now.

Maybe it's like Anderson Silva said...the crown weighs too heavy after a while. I thought Georges looked a little strung out...over trained maybe.

GSP said he's going to take some time off...I have a feeling he'll abdicate & leave for 18 months or so. This will set up Hendricks vs Condit for the title, potentially.

I believe the loss for Rory is a good thing. It will hopefully teach him that he has to engage. I believe the same could be said for GSP.
Thx for the honest assesment, Wavetar, esp. since you naturally were rooting for Georges.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-17-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The only round Georges won was Rd 2, period! Johny won 1, 3, 4 & 5, and that's the truth. Georges KNOWS he lost. Something stinks to high heaven about this!
Umm, see, this is where judging comes into it. I fully thought GSP won rounds 3 & 5, and badly lost round 2. You say GSP won round 2...so that's a big discrepancy between views.

It does come down to the first round. I gave it to Hendricks...apparently two judges gave it to GSP...probably based on the early takedown.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
johnny coudnt reproduce that fight .... gsp never loses rematches
Johny was a little too relaxed IMO....in a rematch he could pressure more and do more G&P. We saw that he can take GSP down and had he not let him up he may have ended the fight or at least 10-8 him in the 4th.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Student of the Sport

And on another note....I am going to make a fight prediction....I predict Rashad's next fight to be Cormier.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:15 AM

GSP won 3 and 5 while Hendricks won 2 and 4...round 1 could have gone either way....
if Hendricks wanted to clearly win the fight he should have knocked him out....but he didn't,so hush up johny...you lost...take it like a man!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 AM

it was a close fight .. not surprised the gsp haters had him losing and the huggers had him winning ... that first round coulda gone with way .. rewatching right now
Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
it was a close fight .. not surprised the gsp haters had him losing and the huggers had him winning ... that first round coulda gone with way .. rewatching right now
I'm a hugger...I had him losing. But, it does come down to the 1st round, which I will also have to rewatch.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:34 AM

dana pissed right now at the press conference ... lol
Old 11-17-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Umm, see, this is where judging comes into it. I fully thought GSP won rounds 3 & 5, and badly lost round 2. You say GSP won round 2...so that's a big discrepancy between views.

It does come down to the first round. I gave it to Hendricks...apparently two judges gave it to GSP...probably based on the early takedown.
Sorry, Wavetar, I went back and corrected my post after reading your first post--I realized I put the wrong round. I'm so mad right now, I can't think straight! I do think GSP won round 3, not 2, so we're good on that, but how do you have him winning round 5? I totally give rounds 1, 2, 4 & 5 to Johny. And so what if GSP had an early takedown in round 1, Johny was all over him in 1 & 2 with hard strikes and knees, really out-muscling GSP, I thought.

I'll definitely go back and re-watch the fight. I know sometimes I'll catch things I missed the first time around. All of y'all are saying GSP won 5 too so I really need to go back and look at it again.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-17-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
dana pissed right now at the press conference ... lol
Why?