Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-17-2013, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley

Round 1:
Herb Dean is the referee in charge of the action. Both fighters open orthodox and Woodley cracks Koscheck with a right hand and knee. He's clearly hurt, but now Koscheck is pressing Woodley into the fence. Koscheck gets touched with a right, but returns the favor and Woodley is backing up. Koscheck gets rocked with a right and is on the ground. The fight looks close to being stopped, but is hanging on in full guard after being very badly hurt. Referee Dean stands them up for inactivity. Koscheck tries to press forward and eats an absolutely monster right hand that basically puts Koscheck out. Woodley landed another punch, but the referee had no choice but to step in.

Tyron Woodley def. Josh Kosheck via TKO (strikes) at 4:38 of round 1

Well, I picked Popcorn Ball Head...as much as I can't stand him I did think he would win.

Good pick, Bonnie & wav. Woodley looked really good.
Best fight of the night so far! Woodley stuck to my prediction, KO, Rd 1...why can't all my picks be this cooperative!

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-17-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:31 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

WAR LAWLER!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:37 AM

thank god lawler got the win in that ... thought the judges were going to give the fight to rory ... lawler deserved it imo .... weird how rory has such crazy gnp and he just sat there in round 2 ... decided to throw too little too late .... fight of the night so far imo
Old 11-17-2013, 03:38 AM

Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler

Round 1:
Mario Yamasaki is the referee in charge. Lawler is southpaw and landing leg kicks while MacDonald works from the outside. Lawler moving more actively, but it's MacDonald doing the pressuring, although not landing as cleanly. MacDonald trying to score kicks from the outside, but not having much success. Lawler tries to pin MacDonald against the fence and strike, but MacDonald circles away expertly. Lawler throws a body kick and follows up with a punch before the round expires.

Round 2:
MacDonald pressuring forward and Lawler seems patient to counterstrike. The two clinch briefly along the fence and exchange right hands while MacDonald also partly connects on a head kick. Lawler comes back with a right hook. Body shot from MacDonald. Outside leg kick for Lawler, but MacDonald comes back with a series of kicks and body shots. Double leg takedown now for MacDonald against the fence. Lawler gets to his base and MacDonald is trying to cradle Lawler to his hip, which he does. MacDonald sits up and fires a series of elbows and punches from on top as the round ends.

Round 3:
MacDonald is hurt at the start of the round, but lands a takedown and is now on top trying to recover. Referee Yamasaki stands them up. Lawler connects with a left and MacDonald scores a takedown only to be reversed in a scramble. Lawler working from MacDonald's guard. Lawler backs out and they stand. Left hand scores for Lawler. The fight is temporarly halted due to an eyepoke. The fight resumes and Lawler rocks MacDonald with a monster left, which drops him to the canvas. MacDonald captures half guard, then moves to side control. MacDonald frames up for am armbar, but eats a huge right hand instead. MacDonald frames up for an armbar and it's tight, but Lawler escapes in time. MacDonald scores a takedown and scores huge elbows and punches on top.

Robbie Lawler def. Rory MacDonald via split decision (29-28 Lawler, 29-28 MacDonald, 29-28 Lawler)

Good fight! Robbie was pretty careless at the end of the 3rd round and almost let Rory steal it from him.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
WAR LAWLER!
Ditto!

Good to see you, Tennessean!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:47 AM

love it ... rashad went pure beast mode on chael .... chael totally outclassed ...
Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Quote:
Ditto!

Good to see you, Tennessean!
Thanks
After each event I always come here and read your thread. Good job.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:53 AM

Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen

Round 1:
Herb Dean is the referee in charge of the action. Sonnen closes the distance immediately and it's stuffed, but Evans' back is against the cage. The two are jockeying for position along the fence. Evans level changes for a takedown and can't get it, but they're still pummeling for inside control. Evans uncorks a right hand and they clinch again. Evans level changes again and is in Sonnen's half guard. Evans cracks Sonnen with an elbow and Sonnen goes base down. Sonnen goes back down and Evans moves to mount. Now Evans has Sonnen's back and he's unleashing a barrage of punches. That's it as Sonnen is helpless and covering up. Referee Dean stops the fight there.

Rashad Evans def. Chael Sonnen via TKO (strikes) at 4:05 of round 1

Old 11-17-2013, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
Thanks
After each event I always come here and read your thread. Good job.
Aw, that's nice, thanks friend.

It's been pretty quiet around here, sometimes I think I'm the only one reading it.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Aw, that's nice, thanks friend.

It's been pretty quiet around here, sometimes I think I'm the only one reading it.
im here!!!!!! lol