Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the idea of your premiums going up makes you a better driver ...
The idea of wanting to avoid a traffic ticket makes me a better driver. Also, considering the safety of those around me makes me a better driver. My car insurance payments rarely enter my mind when I'm behind the wheel. So that argument doesn't hold water.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

I know a lot of younger people who are just going to take the penalty instead of signing up for insurance. For a family of 4 here in NC, it'll cost approximately $900 a month to insure everyone. Most families of 4 that I know, can't afford to add another bill of $900 a month. That's more than a lot of people's house payments here.

I'm lucky that I still get my employer plan. A lot of others don't have that option anymore thanks to the new laws.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
So, what you're basically saying is that health insurance is great as long as you never get sick. But if you do actually get sick and… gasp! …actually need to use that thing that you've been paying money into every month, then you should expect to be punished with higher premiums.
thats just like anything .. go and get into a couple of accidents and see what happens .. claims around general checkups, hospital stays for acute illnesses probably shouldn't affect your claims .... more chronic long term issues related to poor lifestyles choices like gastric bypass surgery etc may indeed push the needle on the premiums .. like i said, this is a long term solution ... it is similar to the program in Japan .. and they have one of the healthiest populations ...
Old 11-04-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
IMO, Obama is in a tough situation ... as the president, he is doing his best to separate church and state, but as a strong christian, he is doing his best for the less fortunate ... he is feeding the hungry, taking care of the sick etc with his policies ... in fact, this time last year he was helping out the people who were affected by superstorm sandy when he could have just been on the campaign trail... so much so that Chris Christie could do nothing but praise BHO ...

Dude, are you serious?
Old 11-04-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
its making sure people who are sick are getting taken care of .. those without insurance put off going to a doctor for treatment ... by having insurance, most people won't be doing this ... as time goes, the US population will get healthier .. if people are going to get cheaper premiums for being healthy, they will start taking better care of themselves ...
Bull! They're going to the ER all the time because it gets paid for anyway. My wife witnesses this all the time! Obamacare is nothing more than an extension of Medicaid to the 10th power.

Last edited by CAVEMAN1; 11-04-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It does nothing to ensure people are getting taken care of. It has nothing to do with what kind of care they are provided.

There was a study done backed by people supporting obamacare. It showed that the people who received the best care between states in the US depended on the care that medical personnel/facilities provided. And it had nothing to do with whether or not the people had health insurance. So if the goal was better care then why not put more/better regulations on the kind of care provided to the people? Because that would not generate money for the government.

Does having car insurance make you a better driver?

People take better care of themselves if they can't afford to get sick. lol

Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 PM

I just talked to my in-laws last night and starting January 1, their insurance premiums are doubling and they are getting less coverage. They are both retired and live on a fixed income. How is it that this is affordable for some and not for others? Wasn't it promoted as affordable healthcare for all? As always, the poor get a free ride, the rich can afford it or get a exemption, and the middle man gets the shaft and pays for it all!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Quote:
but as a strong christian, he is doing his best for the less fortunate ...
Dude, are you serious?
I agree, it's unlikely that Obama is a true Christian, let alone a "strong Christian." However, you can't really expect a non-believer, like RNC, to be able to tell the difference.

As for the claim that Obama is "doing his best" for the less fortunate, you just have to look at his past charitable giving to see that he's extremely generous… with other people's money. According to his tax returns that Obama released during the 2008 campaign, his charitable giving looked like this:

2005: $77,315 to charity out of income of $1.66 million (4.6 percent)
2004: $2,500 out of $207,647 (1.2 percent)
2003: $3,400 out of $238,327 (1.4 percent)
2002: $1,050 out of $259,394 (0.4 percent)

So Obama expects everyone else in the country to be more generous with our money than he is willing to be with his own money. That is about as far from "doing his best" for the less fortunate as you can get.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I agree, it's unlikely that Obama is a true Christian, let alone a "strong Christian." However, you can't really expect a non-believer, like RNC, to be able to tell the difference.

As for the claim that Obama is "doing his best" for the less fortunate, you just have to look at his past charitable giving to see that he's extremely generous… with other people's money. According to his tax returns that Obama released during the 2008 campaign, his charitable giving looked like this:

So Obama expects everyone else in the country to be more generous with our money than he is willing to be with his own money. That is about as far from "doing his best" for the less fortunate as you can get.
Agreed! And what he did give surely was written off at tax time!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:

i was quite serious .. i guess tho, i should have just said Christian and not strong Christian .. you either are or aren't right? and i guess everyone should base their giving to charity based on what goes on the tax form ... donating items, volunteering time doesn't count .. in that case, mitt romney giving millions to the LDS makes him a saint!!!!

as for obama, he is doing the better job of charitible donations by changing the laws ... making sure the poor, hungry and sick are taken care of by his policies ... and when the dems win in 2016 again, the people of america will have spoken, just like they did in 2008 and 2012 ...