Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Dana talks out of both sides of his mouth and has no courage in his convictions. It's all about the bottom line and kow-towing to the PC Police. You can't really believe anything he says, for instance when he answered the question "when are we going to see women in the UFC" and he responded "Never...never".

lol

I'm with Vizion on this one. It is a double standard, the Irish and Italians (and many other ethnic groups) were treated horribly when they immigrated to the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Dana White is an ignorant fool when it comes to this.
Wouldn't that have been something if Dana's pet, Brock Lesnar, had shown up to fight with a big honk'n "White Pride" tattoo emblazoned across his chest, and across the cage was none other than Cain Velasquez. Talk about Dana's tongue doing a Texas two-step.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I totally agree. If Brock Lesnar had a White Pride tattoo on his chest it would have been "racist", even IF Lesnar is just proud to be white.

I'm proud to be white! That doesn't mean I think being white is better than being black, but I have a God-given right to be proud of my white, European heritage.
there is a ton of difference ... there is nothing wrong with cain's tat (well, it is an ugly tat).. dana is right on this one ... nothing wrong with it ..
Old 10-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
there is a ton of difference ... there is nothing wrong with cain's tat (well, it is an ugly tat).. dana is right on this one ... nothing wrong with it ..
So Cain is not a racist for being "proud of being brown" but a white man would be racist if he were proud of being white?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Wouldn't that have been something if Dana's pet, Brock Lesnar, had shown up to fight with a big honk'n "White Pride" tattoo emblazoned across his chest, and across the cage was none other than Cain Velasquez. Talk about Dana's tongue doing a Texas two-step.
There would be NOTHING wrong if Brock was in Cain's place right now and had "White Pride" emblazoned across his chest.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
So Cain is not a racist for being "proud of being brown" but a white man would be racist if he were proud of being white?
i don't think cain is racist for having a brown pride tattoo ... if a white person had a white pride tattoo, that is another story ... its all about context and historical references ... for years, white pride has not only meant being proud of being white, but also being superior (go and google white pride and see how many white supremicist groups it is linked to or used by) ... you can't just erase those memories and take it back for something good now, because someone wants to use it in a good way ...... now take brown pride ... as far as i know (and i could be wrong) but i don't remember hearing it being linked to any latino supremacy groups who think they are better than others .... racial terms in my opinion can be used without having a racist connotation to them .. there are fighters that have nicknames "black mamba" "the whitemare", even someone coined a phrase for brock "the vanilla gorilla", i don't remember anyone taking exception to those ...

no one is saying you shouldn't be proud of being white, just use the right terms and there shouldn't be an issue
Old 10-22-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
There would be NOTHING wrong if Brock was in Cain's place right now and had "White Pride" emblazoned across his chest.
its bad enough he has a penis tattooed on his chest ... two awful tatts would just be ridiculous!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
i don't think cain is racist for having a brown pride tattoo ... if a white person had a white pride tattoo, that is another story ... its all about context and historical references ... for years, white pride has not only meant being proud of being white, but also being superior (go and google white pride and see how many white supremicist groups it is linked to or used by) ... you can't just erase those memories and take it back for something good now, because someone wants to use it in a good way ...... now take brown pride ... as far as i know (and i could be wrong) but i don't remember hearing it being linked to any latino supremacy groups who think they are better than others .... racial terms in my opinion can be used without having a racist connotation to them .. there are fighters that have nicknames "black mamba" "the whitemare", even someone coined a phrase for brock "the vanilla gorilla", i don't remember anyone taking exception to those ...

no one is saying you shouldn't be proud of being white, just use the right terms and there shouldn't be an issue
You said context is the key. Context is a conditional term. It has everything to do with perception and biases corrupt those perceptions. White Pride is a racial epitaph for some people but not for all. We don't all use the term in the same context, so for someone like Dana (the ultimate hypocrite) to play moral authority here is assanine at best.

I should have NateR change my name to White Pride just to piss you off RNC

Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
"Right" according to who? Ever hear of La Raza? Do you know what they are about?

The PC liberal answer to everything - if you don't have a valid argument, redefine the terms of the debate. You know, like "pro-abortion". Sounds kind of revolting, doesn't it? Much better to be "pro-choice"! After all, who could be against choice? (I'm using the classic liberal talking points here, i.e. "no one can deny..." or "I'm sure everyone would agree...").

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-22-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I should have NateR change my name to White Pride just to piss you off RNC
heh heh...

RNC is a good sport and keeps the debate lively!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-22-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:

If you haven't noticed, especially over the last 4-6 years, there is absolutely no way you can be a rasist unless you are white. It's to the point now that the media is labeling people as a rasist for disagreeing with someone, how times have changed!