Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-20-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Holy Moly, this fight looks like Rocky and Apollo and it's just the 1st round! Is Ben in Houston for this fight? We need a punch/strike count, I bet it's off the charts!

We just saw a FIGHT in Texas tonight!!! Fantastic!!!
Too bad you couldn't be there, Bon. I bet Ben could've gotten you in to see all the VIPs!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-20-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

UFC 166 results: Gilbert Melendez def. Diego Sanchez via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)

I picked Melendez in my predictions because I didn't think Diego could win it (even though I've always been a fan) but I was rooting like crazy for him during the 3rd round. Great fight, what heart!!!
That was crazy wild...just like watching a Rocky movie! I know it's impossible, but I wish BOTH of them could have gotten a "win". Total heart!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
That was crazy wild...just like watching a Rocky movie! I know it's impossible, but I wish BOTH of them could have gotten a "win". Total heart!
Absolutely, the crowd went wild, Dana must be happy. Even though Diego lost, he deserves another fight for that performance!

Lots of 1st round finishes tonight...

Old 10-20-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Absolutely, the crowd went wild, Dana must be happy. Even though Diego lost, he deserves another fight for that performance!

Lots of 1st round finishes tonight...
You think this gets FOTN?....they deserve it! And big BONUSES!!!

Dana, get your fat wallet out!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
You think this gets FOTN?....they deserve it! And big BONUSES!!!

Dana, get your fat wallet out!
So far I think it is! Pay up, Dana!!

Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Amagov's heel kick ko from a previous fight...

Ben has to clue me in about posting animated gifs...

Sorry I've been MIA, y'all. I'm still in Richmond, jut was at a friends go-abroad party (he's getting stationed in Italy for two years).

Last edited by VCURamFan; 10-20-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

Sorry I've been MIA, y'all. I'm still in Richmond, jut was at a friends go-abroad party (he's getting stationed in Italy for two years).
Hey Ben! Thought you might be in Houston. Where in Italy is your friend being stationed? My Mom was born in Naples, but she grew up in Livorno.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 AM

Now we hear the "Rocky" theme! Come on Junior!!!

Just a few words about the Cormier/Nelson fight...Roy looked like crap! That sounded so ugly didn't it? But so true!

Really Roy, why bother to show up like this?!
Old 10-20-2013, 04:10 AM

Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson

Round 1:
Referee is Jacob Montalvo. Nelson rolling towards Cormier, with his braid swinging. Half a minute passes before either throws anything, but neither lands. But now Cormier lifts Nelson's right leg up high and spins him around and gets him down. He has him in a cradle, and starts dropping short punches. Nelson able to standup in a crouch on the fence, but Cormier leverages him back down. Repeat. Nelson back up, and Cormier fishing out a leg trying to put Nelson back down. Nelson momentarily went for an arm to torque, and that moved things to the other side of the cage as Cormier had to surrender his position. Now they are clinched on fence, and Cormier throwing short uppercuts. Nelson doing the same, and snuck one through. Hold up...looks like Nelson took a knee to the groin, so the referee steps in. Nelson taking his time here. They touch gloves, and we're back at it. Head kick by Cormier gets mostly Nelson's arms. Nelson holding the center of the cage, and he comes over top with a right that narrowly misses Cormier. That's the equalizer he threw, and it was close. Cormier comes in and drops a left hand on Nelson's chin, with some follow-up music. Nelson shakes it off.

Round 2:
Cormier changing levels a little bit. Nelson really trying to hammer him with that right, but so far can't do it flush. Cormier playing smart and wheeling away from it. Another combo by Cormier, but this time he doesn't land anything too clean. Cormier comes lunging forward with another combination, and that time he rocked Nelson good with a couple of shots, ending up on the fence. Nelson leans back and recovers. Cormier grabs a single leg and trips Nelson down, but Nelson -- like rubber -- bounces right back up. They go to the fence, and Cormier leans his hulk into Nelson. All the offense belongs to Cormier here. Short uppercut, and right back into mashing Nelson along the fence. Cormier just a step faster. Throws a combination there and Nelson eats most of what was coming. It's already to that point where Nelson's chin stands out. Nelson surprised Cormier there with a big leg kick that really sort of wobbled Cormier. But he moves forward the same as the round ends with another combo.

Round 3:
Nelson needs some urgency here. He stands his ground in the middle, and is throwing punches to Cormier's body. Cormier answers with a fake jab to leg kick. The threat of the takedown keeps hindering Nelson's approach when he moves forward. That bit of hesitation takes away the right bomb he wants to connect with. Cormier, on the other hand, doing well when he does rush forward throwing hands. He does it again here and connects with Nelson's chin. Nelson working the left jab. Cormier bursts forward and tackles Nelson to the ground, but they come right back up. Cormier goes low with a kick, and then high. Nothing big there. Nelson now taunting Cormier. Nelson comes forward with a bi uppercut, but doesn't land it. Cormier riding this out. He just moves forward and drops several shots on Nelson late. Nelson does land a good punch towards the end, but it's academic at this point.

UFC 166 results: Daniel Cormier def. Roy Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

It's nice you went to your friend's party but DANG, this would have been a great fight to be at, eh?

Thanks for posting the gif