Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if you look at a list of countries with the best universal healthcare in the world, and a list with the healthiest countries, i am sure you will find a good chunk in the top 10 of each list are common ...
I'm about 200% positive that you just made that up. Unless you can post some hard data from multiple, reliable sources, I'm going to have to call BS on your entire post.

As for the remark that Obamacare is going to make Americans stronger... .... I'm just amazed at the lengths you are willing to go to try to rationalize everything Obama does. Especially since you have nothing at stake in this debate. You're a Canadian, why are you so personally invested in an American President?

Your freedoms aren't be eroded, your economy is not being decimated, Obama is not trying to take money out of your pocket to fund programs you find immoral. To you, Obama is just some celebrity that you have a 'boy crush' on, so you have absolutely zero credibility in this debate.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:

obama is looking long term at the health of all americans
Bull. He's only interested in his so-called "legacy".

He will get his legacy. It will be as the worst president in history.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-04-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I'm about 200% positive that you just made that up. Unless you can post some hard data from multiple, reliable sources, I'm going to have to call BS on your entire post.

As for the remark that Obamacare is going to make Americans stronger... .... I'm just amazed at the lengths you are willing to go to try to rationalize everything Obama does. Especially since you have nothing at stake in this debate. You're a Canadian, why are you so personally invested in an American President?

Your freedoms aren't be eroded, your economy is not being decimated, Obama is not trying to take money out of your pocket to fund programs you find immoral. To you, Obama is just some celebrity that you have a 'boy crush' on, so you have absolutely zero credibility in this debate.
i didn't know you had to have a stake in something to be able to debate .... i am more of a unbiased bystander ... do i think everything obama has done has been a good decision? nope ... do i think the ACA could be improved? sure, just like anything ... but i don't think he is doing it to purposely to bring the US down ... i don't think he is trying to destroy america, i think he genuinely feels the ACA is a needed step in the evolution of the USA ..
Old 10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Not much to add, just this:

Old 10-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Yeah, the media spin doctors are working overtime to blame all of this on the Republicans. Unfortunately, people are buying it. I'm not saying that Republicans are blameless, but the Democrats and Obama himself deserve an equal, if not greater, amount of the blame for this mess.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah, the media spin doctors are working overtime to blame all of this on the Republicans. Unfortunately, people are buying it. I'm not saying that Republicans are blameless, but the Democrats and Obama himself deserve an equal, if not greater, amount of the blame for this mess.
I totally agree, Nate. You're right, Republicans aren't blameless, but by no means should they get all the blame. Congress just had a five week break, and the President has been vacationing and "campaigning" everywhere these last several months, they all knew this was coming up, as well as the debt ceiling, but none of them thought it was important enough to put off their breaks and vacations and stay in Washington to work things out. It's all political one upmanship. The President and Harry Reid and the Dems are happy for this shut-down to go on as long as possible, they are deliberately causing as much disruption as possible so people will blame Republicans. One of Obama's high ranking WH people admitted as much to the Washington Post, saying, "We're winning!" It's all about Obama getting his way and winning at any cost and screw everybody else.

The other day they were showing where people were being asked which they preferred, "Obamacare" or the "Affordable Care Act"? Every one of them with the exception of one said, the Affordable Care Act because it was more affordable; the last guy, who was Black, said he preferred Obamacare. None of them knew that Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are one and the same. Now we know how Obama gets away with all the lies he tells and how he got elected twice!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Now we know how Obama gets away with all the lies he tells and how he got elected twice!
Obama is our president because America is full of idiots. Green Day was right.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:

http://images.businessweek.com/bloom..._COUNTRIES.pdf

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-...ld-2012-6?op=1

let me guess ... these sources are not reliable enough ... look at the evidence ... the US has the best technology in the world when it comes to healthcare.. what good is it if only the rich can afford it ...
Old 10-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
http://images.businessweek.com/bloom..._COUNTRIES.pdf

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-...ld-2012-6?op=1

let me guess ... these sources are not reliable enough ... look at the evidence ... the US has the best technology in the world when it comes to healthcare.. what good is it if only the rich can afford it ...
The problem is, people are finding out that Obama's healthcare plan is NOT affordable. If you're on facebook, go to HealthCare.org's page and read the comments. A family of four, making less than $40,000 per year has to pay $800/month for their "affordable" coverage. It's a giant SCAM. It's not National Health Care the way most countries have it. It's not something that is paid for by our taxes. It's just a BS bill forcing people to buy something whether they want it or not and the prices are outrageous.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:51 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-wo...osers-bay-area

Quote:
Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.
Quote:
"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today,"
Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.
"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level -- the cutoff for a tax credit. And while both said they anticipated their rates would go up, they didn't realize they would rise so much.

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."