Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

So Brown Pride is just fine but White Pride is racist and unacceptable.

Seems about right for today's America.

(For the record, I'm not advocating "White Pride". I'm saying it shouldn't be a double standard. Anything that's based on race or color is racist, no matter what the content.)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-13-2013, 02:18 PM
3dlee 3dlee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
Default

Also Mike, Brown Pride is the name of a very large Hispanic street gang.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
So Brown Pride is just fine but White Pride is racist and unacceptable.

Seems about right for today's America.

(For the record, I'm not advocating "White Pride". I'm saying it shouldn't be a double standard. Anything that's based on race or color is racist, no matter what the content.)
not really a double standard .... white pride is closely tied to white supremacy, which is obviously a negative connotation ... its not like you can just take back the meaning ... if you do a google search of white pride or organizations that talk about being proud to be white, they are also almost always talking about white supremacy as well ... so guess who is to blame for that? and don't say the media

as for brown pride, you can't associate that with brown supremacy groups, or groups that promote hatred towards other groups ... so they are totally different things ...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-13-2013, 04:30 PM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
not really a double standard .... white pride is closely tied to white supremacy, which is obviously a negative connotation ... its not like you can just take back the meaning ... if you do a google search of white pride or organizations that talk about being proud to be white, they are also almost always talking about white supremacy as well ... so guess who is to blame for that? and don't say the media

as for brown pride, you can't associate that with brown supremacy groups, or groups that promote hatred towards other groups ... so they are totally different things ...
I disagree. They are PERCEIVED as totally different things. Literally, they're the same thing. I say get rid of anything that is based on race and we're a big step closer to eliminating racism.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 PM
CAVEMAN1 CAVEMAN1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I disagree. They are PERCEIVED as totally different things. Literally, they're the same thing. I say get rid of anything that is based on race and we're a big step closer to eliminating racism.
Agree!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I disagree. They are PERCEIVED as totally different things. Literally, they're the same thing. I say get rid of anything that is based on race and we're a big step closer to eliminating racism.
i can't disagree with that ... but i doubt racism will ever be eliminated ... but i think it may be a start ... so are you saying that brock lesnar can't be called the vanilla gorilla anymore?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
So Brown Pride is just fine but White Pride is racist and unacceptable.

Seems about right for today's America.

(For the record, I'm not advocating "White Pride". I'm saying it shouldn't be a double standard. Anything that's based on race or color is racist, no matter what the content.)
Yes...Its socially acceptable to be Extreme right in the sence of being a minority and holding that view. Brinsa, has no racist Tattoos. infact, he has Vale Tudo written on his back....thats not ethnic German is it!! So his only obvious tattoo is multicultural.

Its also socially acceptable to be Extreme Left and any colour. Communists are welcome to fight, infact, they are some of the most impressive fighters in the world. Think of the Russian, and Arabian, and Balkan guys who had, and are very impressive indeed, from Fedor and Mirko, right down to Siyar and Khabib....

But it is NOT alright to be a White Supremicist, it is NOT alright to be alligned with them, to be associated with them, or to have them as friends who may turn up if you were to be fighting. Its culturally unacceptable in the US...but the Germans would probably ban MMA altogether if the UFC hosted a card with a Neo Nazi on it within their Geographic Soverignty.

The mistake that Brinsa has made, is that he IS to close to Scenario Lok. He may think of that as mere football hooliganism...but those members are a brotherhood of neo-fascists all across Europe...and whether he only likes the football or not...its the stigma.

Its unfair on Brinsa...but also totally understandable action from the UFC...and its real hypocrasy when you regard other racists, or political extremists who can compete.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.