Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-13-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
The pre-fight talk about "You're the best, you got this easy, etc. etc." was a big coaching mistake. They coached her to underestimate her opponent.
Absolutely. I'm beginning to think Rhonda's last name should be Diaz...lots of whining and chest thumping at the same time.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Very glad Shayna got her ass beat down. She needs to learn some humility. After the loss, Rhonda should have straight up told her 'no, you're not three times the fighter she is, you've simply been doing it three times longer'. But no, instead she agrees and tries to massage her bruised ego.

And yeah Mike, that chick does hit hard! I'd like to see her throw some kicks...she has legs like tree trunks.

I knew it wasn't going to be an easy fight for Shayna. Rhonda should have used logic instead of petty vindictiveness and went for a much better match up. Waste of a winning coin toss IMO.
i guess i fell for the editing hype .. LOL .. cuz i was praying that the pena girl would get through the fight without being too hurt ...
Old 09-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Absolutely. I'm beginning to think Rhonda's last name should be Diaz...lots of whining and chest thumping at the same time.
She's good friends with the Diaz brothers, if that tells you anything about her attitude. I think she's pretty hot and a great fighter, but always thought she was super cocky.

Being cocky can be a very good thing for a fighter, as long as it doesn't go so far as to make you underestimate your opponents. You have to know that you can win every fight without thinking you can do it easily without even trying, or that your opponent doesn't even deserve to be in there with you. That's how you end up getting thumped.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

I couldn't make myself watch this season and going off of the ads they show I still don't want to watch it. It looked like one stupid girl coach was about to cry about the other girl coach being mean to her. Yuck. I'll just read what you guys write about it.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I couldn't make myself watch this season and going off of the ads they show I still don't want to watch it. It looked like one stupid girl coach was about to cry about the other girl coach being mean to her. Yuck. I'll just read what you guys write about it.

~Amy
yeah .. if dana wants to give more legitamacy to the womens division, he needs to edit out the crying and the cat fights .. i mean, the guys do it do when they coach, they just don't cry ...
Old 09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah .. if dana wants to give more legitamacy to the womens division, he needs to edit out the crying and the cat fights .. i mean, the guys do it do when they coach, they just don't cry ...
I'd actually like to see 4 teams total with hall of fame coaches who don't fight at the end of it. Just coach and build the competition with the coaches by making the losing coach do something silly at the next fight or have a cash prize to the coach for the winning team. Less house antics and emotional drama, more training and technique. I'm absolutely not the demographic they are aiming this stuff at so I'm not going to get what I want. The young men they are marketing to apparently like the crying drama.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-16-2013, 04:37 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I'd actually like to see 4 teams total with hall of fame coaches who don't fight at the end of it. Just coach and build the competition with the coaches by making the losing coach do something silly at the next fight or have a cash prize to the coach for the winning team. Less house antics and emotional drama, more training and technique. I'm absolutely not the demographic they are aiming this stuff at so I'm not going to get what I want. The young men they are marketing to apparently like the crying drama.

~Amy
I'm waiting for the episode when Anthony offers his rose to one of the luck bachelorettes...
Old 09-16-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:

~Amy
So you want Bellator Fight Master, essentially. I actually enjoyed this inaugural season of it, myself.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM

My PVR for some reason didn't record episode 3

So anything much happen beyond the bar yelling scene? Did Rhonda showcase her super bitch side again?

Sounds like the fight was decent, albeit brief.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
My PVR for some reason didn't record episode 3

So anything much happen beyond the bar yelling scene? Did Rhonda showcase her super bitch side again?

Sounds like the fight was decent, albeit brief.
Well, Ronda went to get something from the bar, & Meisha apparently felt that Ronda was standing too close to Bryan Caraway, so she started puffing up & demanding Ronda move. Ronda didn't, so Meisha started trying to squeeze herself between Ronda & Bryan. The whole time, Bryan's trying to tell Meisha to chill out & leave it alone, then somebody says something about the fight, Ronda says she'll punch Meisha in the mouth, Meisha says Ronda doesn't even know how to hit pads, the Ronda calls over Edward (her striking coach), who is apparently still super-pissed at Bryan over the "punch Ronda's teeth down her throat" tweet from last year, and he starts promising to see Bryan "when the cameras aren't around", etc., etc., etc.

No one came off looking good, but Edward came off looking the kookiest, IMO.