Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-07-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
some how i don't think any way obama could have handled this would have made you happy ... obama is doing the right thing in getting the ok from congress, but it has to be twisted so that he is only doing it to blame them later down the road
It was the right thing to go to Congress, I said that. He should have done that as soon as he made the decision that he wanted to take action against Syria. As soon as he made the "red line" comment last year he should have been laying the groundwork, working behind the scenes, quietly preparing for if Syria did cross the line. The fact that he didn't do any of that just goes to show that comment was made with thought, but just made as a political tactic during an election campaign. And no one has to twist anything, playing the blame game has been his pattern since he became President, he's responsible for nothing, it's always someone else's doing or fault.

Who of our allies is backing Obama's plan to take military action? The British said, "No"; the French said something should be done, but I haven't heard any concrete plans from them or anyone else. Who else is going to be there with the U.S. in this? Canada? If this blows up in our face, who will be there for us?

For Pete's sake, who announces to their intended target what their plan of action is?!

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-07-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
please .. russia wouldn't EVER attach US .. if you think they would, you are sorely mistaken ... putin may be tough with obama on syria and that snowden, but he won't let syria start WWIII
I would hazzard a guess, dear fellow, that I know a hell of a lot more about politics then you...and probably a hell of a lot more about Russia then you.

Russia told Obama quite straight at the end of the G20 summit that he would defend Syria from a United States attack....As he has been supplying weapons to syria since the arab revolution...I think its fair to say that he's serious about Syria...the Russians have gone to GREAT lengths...I've never seen them so staunchly defend a foreign power before.

Besides...Russia wouldnt attack the US Homesoil...its the ships belonging to the US in the waters near Syria that it could viably sink...Honnestly...it would only take a single missile froma Russian boat...or a chemical missile from Syria to hit an American Naval ship...and you'd soon have a more dramatic conflict.

Dont under-estimate Vlad...he's not as stupid as he looks.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
who announces to their intended target what their plan of action is?!
you have a point there
Old 09-08-2013, 02:17 AM

Ooops, I realized I said "with" instead of "without"...makes a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The fact that he didn't do any of that just goes to show that comment was made without thought, and just as a political tactic during an election campaign.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I would hazzard a guess, dear fellow, that I know a hell of a lot more about politics then you...and probably a hell of a lot more about Russia then you.

Russia told Obama quite straight at the end of the G20 summit that he would defend Syria from a United States attack....As he has been supplying weapons to syria since the arab revolution...I think its fair to say that he's serious about Syria...the Russians have gone to GREAT lengths...I've never seen them so staunchly defend a foreign power before.

Besides...Russia wouldnt attack the US Homesoil...its the ships belonging to the US in the waters near Syria that it could viably sink...Honnestly...it would only take a single missile froma Russian boat...or a chemical missile from Syria to hit an American Naval ship...and you'd soon have a more dramatic conflict.

Dont under-estimate Vlad...he's not as stupid as he looks.
you may know more a lot about me . sure, sounds good ... but there is no way that vlad does anything if the US attacks syria, he may be their ally, but he won't risk getting his ass handed to him for them ..
Old 09-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Russia doing everything they can ... trying to get assad to give control of his chemical weapons ... Russia don't wanna piece of the US .. they can't handle it ...
Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Russia doing everything they can ... trying to get assad to give control of his chemical weapons ... Russia don't wanna piece of the US .. they can't handle it ...
Not exactly True...the Russians are successfully attempting to undermine Barack Obama by causing a rift in the Washington Administration, to proove how stupid they are.

The Foreign Secretary of the United States said a very silly remark...without thinking...it runs in that administration...and the Russians are calling them on their word, knowing full well that Kerry didnt mean what he said officially.

Kerry said that if Assad were to give up all his chemical weapons, the US would not attack Syria. The Russians said..."Okay then"

With the State of the US Economy, and the depletion of its troops thanks to Afghanistan and Iraq, the US would not be in a good position if Russia moved against them in the Med. Especially if it had the backing of the Chinese, which it almost certainly would have.

Europe is in a financial crisis, thanks, also, to the Americans and the fact that whilst they choose to ignore the consitution on everything else...they decided to grant the bankers complete freedom and privacy to mess everything up for the developed world Dont expect Mrs Merkel or the Fourth Reich to aid the US...and now the England has Succeeded from the Union, I wouldnt imagine our position to have changed...Cameron is a year and a half from re-ellection without a coillision.

America is on her own...and no man is an island...not even America...
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Not exactly True...the Russians are successfully attempting to undermine Barack Obama by causing a rift in the Washington Administration, to proove how stupid they are.

The Foreign Secretary of the United States said a very silly remark...without thinking...it runs in that administration...and the Russians are calling them on their word, knowing full well that Kerry didnt mean what he said officially.

Kerry said that if Assad were to give up all his chemical weapons, the US would not attack Syria. The Russians said..."Okay then"

With the State of the US Economy, and the depletion of its troops thanks to Afghanistan and Iraq, the US would not be in a good position if Russia moved against them in the Med. Especially if it had the backing of the Chinese, which it almost certainly would have.

Europe is in a financial crisis, thanks, also, to the Americans and the fact that whilst they choose to ignore the consitution on everything else...they decided to grant the bankers complete freedom and privacy to mess everything up for the developed world Dont expect Mrs Merkel or the Fourth Reich to aid the US...and now the England has Succeeded from the Union, I wouldnt imagine our position to have changed...Cameron is a year and a half from re-ellection without a coillision.

America is on her own...and no man is an island...not even America...
putin is a snake ... we'll see if syria complies in a timely manner ...
Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
putin is a snake ... we'll see if syria complies in a timely manner ...
Putin is lots of things...but he IS NOT a dumbass...and the American Administration ought to make note of what happened here. The Russians play games, and they are running circles around Washington...they were exceptionally fast to exploit what happened with the US Secretary of State...and they HAVE succeeded already in delaying the US Congressional Vote...and in essence the only people to blame for this are the US Cabinet...Barack Obama makes a silly throw away comment...and now Kerry does exactly the same...let it be known that The Russians have been doing this sort of thing consistantly for decades, with many different cultures.

There many tactic is to try and completely embariss their opponents, humiliate them. That is what they have done to the US President, exploited the fact his own cabinet cant toe his party line, this is now Kerry as President, you understand...wherever this goes, its due to Kerry and Putin and Assad...Not Barack Obama They tried to do it with England after the Commons vote...when Putin then went and said that we were just a little island that noone ever listens to...but he is not out to get us...and that commons vote is the direct cause of Barack Obama going to congress.

Far from "no influence" the British Parliament influenced Washington Congress in one of the most radical ways since world war two. We caused a Rogue American President, to follow our lead and example, by following his own democratic process.

He knew that with Englands Prime Minister being put in check, AND respecting the will of the people, that if he did not...he would be called Tyranical and undemocratic. The American people have the Britons to thank for the fact that Congress (supposedly, them) are now going to have the final say.

So, to say we have no influence is wrong...we proved our influence, and maybe for the first time since Maggie Thatcher...we actually HAD an influence that swayed a super power.

We remain, of course, just an Island

Old 09-13-2013, 05:51 PM

This is probably for the Christianity section, but there are some bible scholars who believe that this current relationship between Russia and the Arab countries could be the beginning fulfillment of the Gog and Magog War which is spoke of in the book of Ezekiel.