Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Speaking of looking bad, first, the President threw out that "red line" comment last year without any thought, and obviously with no afterthought to prepare to back it up, then he talks as if he will definitely be taking action, all the while announcing what he's planning--"limited and narrow", "shot over the bow"--but now he's willing to wait to get Congress' approval AFTER they return from their break. He's leaving Tuesday to go to Sweden and then on to Russia and Congress doesn't get back 'til Sept 9.

Is Obama hoping Congress will say, "No", so he has a way out of this?
REALLY?

Wowser...He is waiting for Congress...I expect he absolutely IS hoping they say no. He's had a change of heart...because David Cameron RECALLED PARLIAMENT FOR THE VOTE.

IF Obama really wanted to do this he would have done one of two things. Done it alone. OR Recalled Congress for an immediate vote. The fact that he didnt act first is primarily because he assumed he would have the backing of the international community, and therefore it wouldnt matter...if everyone was behind him, then Congress, sooner or later, just like the UN did in iraq, AFTER the invasion...they give post dated approval.

When the UK said NO...and only the French said yes...and Russia started moving...I think he hesitated because he realized that, if the majority of the International Community dont want it...that changes things...suddenly, not least, financially and fatality...HE is bearing the brunt alone...if Congress dont back date it with affirmation he suddenly done something very bad indeed.

Now...he tries to play it cool...to do a recall would look bad coz he didnt do it soon enough...so now he just plays it cool...and either way it works out for him. If Congress say YES...then it looks like he's done his job properly...and they can share the blame if it goes tits up...if they say NO...then as a respector of democrasy he will appologise for his promise, knowing full well, he doesnt need votes, coz his tenure cant be extended, and bable about how Congress has spoken, and this is democrasy, and now the leaders, shoulder to shoulder, go to the United Nations, and press for sanctions...which was always okay by him anyway, blah, blah, blah.

Democrasy has bitten two world leaders on the ass this week. Lest they NEVER forget that!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why do you say "first time since WWII"? President Bush went to Congress to get approval for Iraq and Afghanistan.

I heard some say the President didn't need Congress' approval to act militarily on Syria and others say he did so I was confused. If I'm understanding what I've read regarding Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution, by virtue of being Commander in Chief, a President is allowed to take military action without having to go to Congress. He can't declare war, only Congress has the power to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I think he should go to Congress...he should have gone to Congress before now, before he made all these public statements about taking action. And he certainly shouldn't be leaking information and talking publicly about what action he's planning to take! I just don't understand the way he's going about this, it's hurting his credibility even more, if that's possible, and it's hurting our country's credibility, our standing in the world.

This will just embolden countries like Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Russia even more.
some how i don't think any way obama could have handled this would have made you happy ... obama is doing the right thing in getting the ok from congress, but it has to be twisted so that he is only doing it to blame them later down the road
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
some how i don't think any way obama could have handled this would have made you happy ... obama is doing the right thing in getting the ok from congress, but it has to be twisted so that he is only doing it to blame them later down the road
I think the more important question is 'Why is Obama trying to handle this at all?'

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I think the more important question is 'Why is Obama trying to handle this at all?'

well ... i know you are not being serious .. but i will go and answer anyway! ..... because obama doesn't want things to get out of control in that region as syria is close to israel ... obama has the interests of israel in mind and is taking steps to ensure everyone around them is kept in check ... he takes care of his allies!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he takes care of his allies!
Not all of them



Israel can defend herself. America has already made sure of that. Assad only threatened Israel AFTER Obama threatened him. Assad is not interested in Israel...he is only insterested in his own CIVIL War and keeping power.

Had Obama said nothing, Assad wouldnt be threatening Israel right now.

By clumsy speech, Obama might have come close to having "taken care of" Israel...and I dont mean that quote in the friendly sence of the word neither.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Not all of them



Israel can defend herself. America has already made sure of that. Assad only threatened Israel AFTER Obama threatened him. Assad is not interested in Israel...he is only insterested in his own CIVIL War and keeping power.

Had Obama said nothing, Assad wouldnt be threatening Israel right now.

By clumsy speech, Obama might have come close to having "taken care of" Israel...and I dont mean that quote in the friendly sence of the word neither.

so no one should threaten syria for what they are doing, because they will threaten to attack israel ... got it .. that is assad's only move ... you are right, israel can defend itself ... but if the US attacks first, they are pretty much going to take out a lot of syria's offense making it tough to attack israel ..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

In college Obama did his thesis on How to destroy America from the inside.

I'm thinking he got an 'A'. lol
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
In college Obama did his thesis on How to destroy America from the inside.

I'm thinking he got an 'A'. lol


at least you get to choose the next pres in a couple years .. who do you want? hilary or biden?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
so no one should threaten syria for what they are doing, because they will threaten to attack israel ... got it .. that is assad's only move ... you are right, israel can defend itself ... but if the US attacks first, they are pretty much going to take out a lot of syria's offense making it tough to attack israel ..
If Syria responds at all, they will try and attack Israel...but Israel is already prepared for that.

What the Americans should be worrying about is not Assyria, nor Israel, but Mother Russia If anyone attacks either the US fleets near Syria, or the US Home Soil...it will be the Russians....the US should be made well aware that the Russians also have ships in that location and will react on Syrian behalf
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If Syria responds at all, they will try and attack Israel...but Israel is already prepared for that.

What the Americans should be worrying about is not Assyria, nor Israel, but Mother Russia If anyone attacks either the US fleets near Syria, or the US Home Soil...it will be the Russians....the US should be made well aware that the Russians also have ships in that location and will react on Syrian behalf
please .. russia wouldn't EVER attach US .. if you think they would, you are sorely mistaken ... putin may be tough with obama on syria and that snowden, but he won't let syria start WWIII
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.