Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 PM

If it wans't for guns, there would be a lot less freedom.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM

here's my new toy, custom made 50 bmg using a mcmillan action
Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post

here's my new toy, custom made 50 bmg using a mcmillan action
that looks like an oil rig drill bit
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 PM

does anyone carry a concealed weapon while running? i've recently gotten into running and my kids ride their bike with me. Work and life doesn't let me run during the day but I run the first 2 miles in the daylight but usually the last couple it's dark. We live in a rural area and I'm more scared of wild animals than anything. Also more thinking about protecting the kids than myself. They don't get more than 20 feet from me in daylight and stay right with me at dark. There are no street lights for at least 2 miles from my house. I don't know I'm explaining why I am wondering because my question is how do you carry so that it is concealed?

Also whats the best for animals?

I've seen some people use belts. but they don't look real comfortable.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Hailey's Dad

Can't carry in NJ at all but I'm guessing a shoulder holster might be most comfortable. Seems like it would bounce around with most other set ups. Even if you have a shirt helping to hold it down, it won't be super easy to access but available if you have a couple seconds to grab it.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmama View Post
does anyone carry a concealed weapon while running? i've recently gotten into running and my kids ride their bike with me. Work and life doesn't let me run during the day but I run the first 2 miles in the daylight but usually the last couple it's dark. We live in a rural area and I'm more scared of wild animals than anything. Also more thinking about protecting the kids than myself. They don't get more than 20 feet from me in daylight and stay right with me at dark. There are no street lights for at least 2 miles from my house. I don't know I'm explaining why I am wondering because my question is how do you carry so that it is concealed?

Also whats the best for animals?

I've seen some people use belts. but they don't look real comfortable.
There aren't many good options for running other than a fanny pack. I think with the 3 of you being in a group you should be safe from both animals and Dbags. The noise of the 3 of you will probably scare off any animals that would be a threat and Dbags like easy targets... a mom with 2 kids isn't an easy target.

You should be fine. ;)
Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
There aren't many good options for running other than a fanny pack. I think with the 3 of you being in a group you should be safe from both animals and Dbags. The noise of the 3 of you will probably scare off any animals that would be a threat and Dbags like easy targets... a mom with 2 kids isn't an easy target.

You should be fine. ;)
For pete's sake DO NOT wear a fanny pack! That is worse than crocs.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I would carry pepper spray (not mace). They make a kind that is specifically for wild animals/dogs. Usually the regular kind will work as well. You can put it in a jacket pocket, stick it in the edge of sports bra or get necklace with a clip-on thing. Make sure you can unclip it quickly or get a pull-string clip-on so you can pull it away from you before spraying.

If a dog is attacking your child he is up close and personal. I would be afraid to fire a gun that close to my child. If pepper spray gets on your child then you can flush the eyes with water and you can apply whole milk to any skin that is irritated. Don't rub irritated skin. Flush first and when the burning stops then you can get in the shower to wash.

And on dogs you have to hit the nostrils (pretty small target) or the eyes. I would start out spraying at the eyes and move it down towards nose. It should start to work in 3-5 seconds. When he lets go of your child, kick him like your a football star. lol
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I would carry pepper spray (not mace). They make a kind that is specifically for wild animals/dogs. Usually the regular kind will work as well. You can put it in a jacket pocket, stick it in the edge of sports bra or get necklace with a clip-on thing. Make sure you can unclip it quickly or get a pull-string clip-on so you can pull it away from you before spraying.

If a dog is attacking your child he is up close and personal. I would be afraid to fire a gun that close to my child. If pepper spray gets on your child then you can flush the eyes with water and you can apply whole milk to any skin that is irritated. Don't rub irritated skin. Flush first and when the burning stops then you can get in the shower to wash.

And on dogs you have to hit the nostrils (pretty small target) or the eyes. I would start out spraying at the eyes and move it down towards nose. It should start to work in 3-5 seconds. When he lets go of your child, kick him like your a football star. lol
You said bra.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pepperblaster

http://www.stealthgearusa.com/pages/gallery