Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
rev rev is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Default

If it wans't for guns, there would be a lot less freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default



here's my new toy, custom made 50 bmg using a mcmillan action
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post


here's my new toy, custom made 50 bmg using a mcmillan action
that looks like an oil rig drill bit
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 PM
twinsmama's Avatar
twinsmama twinsmama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 62
Default

does anyone carry a concealed weapon while running? i've recently gotten into running and my kids ride their bike with me. Work and life doesn't let me run during the day but I run the first 2 miles in the daylight but usually the last couple it's dark. We live in a rural area and I'm more scared of wild animals than anything. Also more thinking about protecting the kids than myself. They don't get more than 20 feet from me in daylight and stay right with me at dark. There are no street lights for at least 2 miles from my house. I don't know I'm explaining why I am wondering because my question is how do you carry so that it is concealed?

Also whats the best for animals?

I've seen some people use belts. but they don't look real comfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 PM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

Can't carry in NJ at all but I'm guessing a shoulder holster might be most comfortable. Seems like it would bounce around with most other set ups. Even if you have a shirt helping to hold it down, it won't be super easy to access but available if you have a couple seconds to grab it.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Chuck Chuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmama View Post
does anyone carry a concealed weapon while running? i've recently gotten into running and my kids ride their bike with me. Work and life doesn't let me run during the day but I run the first 2 miles in the daylight but usually the last couple it's dark. We live in a rural area and I'm more scared of wild animals than anything. Also more thinking about protecting the kids than myself. They don't get more than 20 feet from me in daylight and stay right with me at dark. There are no street lights for at least 2 miles from my house. I don't know I'm explaining why I am wondering because my question is how do you carry so that it is concealed?

Also whats the best for animals?

I've seen some people use belts. but they don't look real comfortable.
There aren't many good options for running other than a fanny pack. I think with the 3 of you being in a group you should be safe from both animals and Dbags. The noise of the 3 of you will probably scare off any animals that would be a threat and Dbags like easy targets... a mom with 2 kids isn't an easy target.

You should be fine. ;)
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
There aren't many good options for running other than a fanny pack. I think with the 3 of you being in a group you should be safe from both animals and Dbags. The noise of the 3 of you will probably scare off any animals that would be a threat and Dbags like easy targets... a mom with 2 kids isn't an easy target.

You should be fine. ;)
For pete's sake DO NOT wear a fanny pack! That is worse than crocs.


Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

I would carry pepper spray (not mace). They make a kind that is specifically for wild animals/dogs. Usually the regular kind will work as well. You can put it in a jacket pocket, stick it in the edge of sports bra or get necklace with a clip-on thing. Make sure you can unclip it quickly or get a pull-string clip-on so you can pull it away from you before spraying.

If a dog is attacking your child he is up close and personal. I would be afraid to fire a gun that close to my child. If pepper spray gets on your child then you can flush the eyes with water and you can apply whole milk to any skin that is irritated. Don't rub irritated skin. Flush first and when the burning stops then you can get in the shower to wash.

And on dogs you have to hit the nostrils (pretty small target) or the eyes. I would start out spraying at the eyes and move it down towards nose. It should start to work in 3-5 seconds. When he lets go of your child, kick him like your a football star. lol
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Chuck Chuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I would carry pepper spray (not mace). They make a kind that is specifically for wild animals/dogs. Usually the regular kind will work as well. You can put it in a jacket pocket, stick it in the edge of sports bra or get necklace with a clip-on thing. Make sure you can unclip it quickly or get a pull-string clip-on so you can pull it away from you before spraying.

If a dog is attacking your child he is up close and personal. I would be afraid to fire a gun that close to my child. If pepper spray gets on your child then you can flush the eyes with water and you can apply whole milk to any skin that is irritated. Don't rub irritated skin. Flush first and when the burning stops then you can get in the shower to wash.

And on dogs you have to hit the nostrils (pretty small target) or the eyes. I would start out spraying at the eyes and move it down towards nose. It should start to work in 3-5 seconds. When he lets go of your child, kick him like your a football star. lol
You said bra.

Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 PM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 281
Default

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pepperblaster

http://www.stealthgearusa.com/pages/gallery
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.