Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-18-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle

Round 1:
Our referee for this welterweight contest is Kevin MacDonald. Brown opens like a man on fire. Leg kick from Brown. Brown charges inside, staggers Pyle with a right hook, then blasts him with a knee to the jaw. Three more right hands and Pyle is out. Wow. Matt Brown, ladies and gentlemen.

Matt Brown def. Mike Pyle via knockout (strikes) at :29 of round 1.

Woohoo!!!

I love Matt Brown, he's a MAN!!!
He is! I love him too! I did feel bad for Mike Pyle, poor thing didn't know what happened.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:20 AM

Loved the Matt Brown fight. I was hoping, and praying, that it went the way it did.

I'm a little hesitant to support the stoppage in the Overeem/Browne fight.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Loved the Matt Brown fight. I was hoping, and praying, that it went the way it did.

Why? I'm just so glad Mario didn't stop the fight in the beginning, and he gave Travis a chance. He did the same thing in Matt's 2nd fight with Trigg. Trigg's corner was screaming at Mario to "Stop the fight, stop the fight", but Mario didn't and what a fight it turned out to be!

Rogan was right, Overeem was arrogant standing in front of Travis like that. Aretha sang it, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"!
Old 08-18-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why? I'm just so glad Mario didn't stop the fight in the beginning, and he gave Travis a chance. He did the same thing in Matt's 2nd fight with Trigg. Trigg's corner was screaming at Mario to "Stop the fight, stop the fight", but Mario didn't and what a fight it turned out to be!

Rogan was right, Overeem was arrogant standing in front of Travis like that. Aretha sang it, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"!
I thought it could go a few more hits. I wanted Browne to win, so I'm glad it was like it was. I just think a few more hammer fists would be fine. ;)

WOW!!! The Sonnen/Rua fight. WOW.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 AM

Urijah Faber vs. Iuri Alcantara

Round 1:
Yves Lavigne is our referee for this bantamweight bout. Alcantara immediately hip tosses Faber into mount. Whoa. Alcantara deftly transitions into a belly down armbar. Faber hunts for a leglock. Alcantara abandons the armbar and takes Faber's back. Faber is in a bad, bad spot. Alcantara postures up, unloads a few hammerfists, then stretches Faber out. Faber scrambles out, lifts Alcantara above his head and powerbombs him to the canvas. Wow. Alcantara transitions right into a triangle from the bottom. Faber muscles out and unleashes a salvo of heavy punches. "USA! USA!" chants erupt from the crowd. Faber continues to work from top position. What a round.

Round 2:
Alcantara catches Faber with a left hand. Faber stumbles to the mat, then pops to his feet and winds up in top position after the ensuing scramble. Alcantara opens his guard and postures up against the fence. Faber smashes a knee into Alcantara's sternum. Faber briefly hunts for a guillotine, then lets it go and continues to work short elbows from the top. Faber is stifling here. Faber stands, then dives back inside for a guillotine. Alcantara defends, but eats another slew of short elbows for his troubles. Faber just pounding away. Alcantara generates some space and climbs to his feet. Alcantara looks for the outside trip but Faber catches and reverses it. Faber ends the round in top position.

Round 3:
Faber slips shooting for an early takedown but makes it out unscathed. Alcantara paws out his jab. Alcantara cracks Faber with a looping right then shucks off a takedown attempt. Faber seizes Alcantara's back and drags him down to the mat. Faber works the body with lefts inside Alcantara's guard. Alcantara nearly sweeps into mount, but Faber maintains control and unloads a few short elbows. Alcantara eats a salvo of heavy lefts. Alcantara rolls for an armbar, then transitions into an omaplata. Faber twists free and secures side control. Great fight.

Urijah Faber def. Iuri Alcantara via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-18-2013, 02:46 AM

Alistair Overeem vs. Travis Browne

Round 1:
Referee Mario Yamasaki is our third man in the cage. Heavyweight fireworks incoming, folks. Both fighters touch gloves and we're off. Overeem wades forward and crushes Browne with a big knee to the midsection. Overeem blocks a flying knee and unloads on another shot to the body. Browne crumbles to the canvas. Overeem swarms with heavy punches. Browne is in serious trouble. Overeem lands an illegal knee to head during the flurry. Yamasaki missed it. Overeem continues to pour it on. Browne finally comes alive and swings for the fences. Browne closes the distance, works against the fence then connects with a big knee to the body. Overeem fires back with a one-two. Overeem blocks a few high kicks. Browne cracks Overeem on the jaw with a front kick! Overeem tumbles to the canvas like a redwood. Browne swarms with a few extra shots. That's it. Wow. What a gutsy performance.

Travis Browne def. Alistair Overeem via knockout (front kick and punches) at 4:08 of round one.

Woohoo!!!

Last edited by flo; 08-18-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 AM

Sorry I'm so behind in posting, guys. I had to stop and fix dinner for my better half.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
I thought it could go a few more hits. I wanted Browne to win, so I'm glad it was like it was. I just think a few more hammer fists would be fine. ;)

WOW!!! The Sonnen/Rua fight. WOW.
Yeah, WOW!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 02:49 AM

Shogun Rua vs. Chael Sonnen

Round 1:
Herb Dean is our referee for tonight's light heavyweight main event. Sonnen immediately shoots inside for a double and gets it. Rua climbs to his feet then trips Sonnen to the canvas. Sonnen threatens for a guillotine, uses the opportunity to stand, then trips Rua, landing inside Rua's half guard. Sonnen working short punches from top position. Rua seizes double underhooks, but can't do anything with it except regain his guard. Sonnen postures up then divebombs into half guard. Sonnen is keeping a relentless pace. More short punches from Sonnen. Sonnen stands and slithers in a guillotine. Oh wow, he might have it. Sonnen lunges into guard and tightens his grip. This is deep. That's it, Rua taps.

UFC Fight Night 26 results: Chael Sonnen def. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:47 of round one.

I'm glad for Chael. I picked Mauricio to win because I've always been a big fan but it was hard to pick between them. You never know which Shogun will show up, though. Kudos to Chael!

Old 08-18-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He is! I love him too! I did feel bad for Mike Pyle, poor thing didn't know what happened.
Quote:

Matt has earned a shot, don't you guys agree?