Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Neez, I am "getting that" from the same place all my comments are from - trial testimony.

link

The rest of your comments about Z had nothing to do with the trial. Ditto M's pot smoking, gun-brandishing photos, fighting, trouble at school and thefts.
I agree that pot smoking, teenage pic with gun, etc has nothing to do with trial.
Now Martin's fighting history? Yes, I would think a jury needed to hear that. That could be important to Martin's character in ref to violence. I think Zimmerman's past where it pertains to violence is relevant also.
I would definitely think it would be important if indeed some of the neighbors had filed a complaint against Zimmerman. It wasn't part of the trial but I think it should have been.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Officer Chris Serino was a prosecution witness but may have helped the defense when he described how Zimmerman, purposely tricked into thinking there was video of the clash, said he had been hoping someone taped it.

“He’s either telling the truth or he’s a pathological liar,” Serino said.

He then added under further questioning that he believed Zimmerman.
Quote:
SANFORD -- Despite public claims that there wasn’t enough probable cause to make a criminal case in the Trayvon Martin killing, early in the investigation the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office, the special prosecutor in the case told The Miami Herald on Tuesday.

A Sanford Police incident report shows the case was categorized as “homicide/negligent manslaughter.”

The state attorney’s office held off pending further review, The Miami Herald has learned.

The Miami Gardens high school junior was killed Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer. The 28-year-old insurance underwriter and college student was never charged, triggering a nationwide crusade on the dead teen’s behalf.

Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in mid-stream.”
A capias is a request for charges to be filed.
Quote:
Another twist in the Trayvon Martin case: The chief homicide investigator probing the teenager's shooting wanted to charge George Zimmerman with manslaughter, but was overruled, sources tell ABC. Investigator Chris Serino filed an affidavit on the night of the shooting saying he was not convinced by Zimmerman's claims of self-defense, but the state attorney's office decided there was not enough evidence to make an arrest, the sources say.
I guess cops can change their minds, too.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 AM
SupaDupaMod

That is why in my initial posts I said I believed the prosecution did a shoddy job. But even if all of this came out in the trial, the jury still could find him 'not guilty' because he was getting beaten up at the time.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:59 AM

If Trayvon Martin had been killed in Chicago where young black men are being killed daily, he would have remained nameless and faceless to the rest of the country, the world. Ask yourselves why the media isn't bothering with those killings/deaths. Where is the outrage? Where are the "No Justice, No Peace" hypocrites?!

Why did the media create "white" George Zimmerman; why did they post old pictures of a 12-yr. old Trayvon Martin and an overweight Zimmerman; why did the state prosecutor Angela Corey leave out very important facts when she went before the judge to get that arrest warrant for 2nd degree murder against Zimmerman (btw she's now been indicted); why didn't she turn over to the defense those not-so-innocent pictures they found on Trayvon Martin's cell phone.

Truth and facts are important, something the media and others play fast and loose with to suit their own purpose and agenda as they have in this case regarding both Martin and Zimmerman.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-23-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:08 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
If Trayvon Martin had been killed in Chicago where young black men are being killed daily, he would have remained nameless and faceless to the rest of the country, the world. Ask yourselves why the media isn't bothering with those killings/deaths. Where is the outrage? Where are the "No Justice, No Peace" hypocrites?!

Why did the media create "white" George Zimmerman; why did they post old pictures of a 12-yr. old Trayvon Martin and an overweight Zimmerman; why did the state prosecutor Angela Corey leave out very important facts when she went before the judge to get that arrest warrant for 2nd degree murder against Zimmerman (btw she's now been indicted); why didn't she turn over to the defense those not-so-innocent pictures they found on Trayvon Martin's cell phone.

Truth and facts are important, something the media and others play fast and loose with to suit their own purpose and agenda as they have in this case regarding both Martin and Zimmerman.
That's true.

And regardless of what happened that night, I feel sorry for Zimmerman. I can't imagine where he will go and how he will ever live in peace.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here...

LMAO!!! Perfect!!

I'll never forget the look on his face when they announced the OJ verdict...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
So now he's wrong to aid car crash victims?

He's neither a saint nor a devil. He's just a guy who was trying to protect his neighborhood and defended himself from an undeserved beating.

Both Z & M could have done things differently. But it happened the way it did and the jury has spoken.
let me ask you ... i know its all hypothetical .. but if things had turned out differently that night, and trayvon ended up shooting zimmerman with his own gun, what do you think would have happened to trayvon .. i think he would have been put on trial as an adult and be in jail ... we will never know, but that is what i think ...

i think this sets a bad precidence for the future .. it ok to act like a tough guy, start a fight and then shoot someone in self defense ..
Old 07-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
let me ask you ... i know its all hypothetical .. but if things had turned out differently that night, and trayvon ended up shooting zimmerman with his own gun, what do you think would have happened to trayvon .. i think he would have been put on trial as an adult and be in jail ... we will never know, but that is what i think ...

i think this sets a bad precidence for the future .. it ok to act like a tough guy, start a fight and then shoot someone in self defense ..
Well yes, but because that's the law, not because of the latent racism you're implying (or alluding?).

Actually, thinking about the situation, if they had gotten in the altercation & Martin ended up shooting Zimmerman, it presumably would have been with Zimmerman's own gun, which would have made it really easy for him to make the case it was self-defense. Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to tell his side of the story (I was trying to keep an eye on him & protect my community), and Martin could say "This guy was tailing me, the cops told him to stop but he didn't, he got out of the car & came after me, I saw his gun & was afraid for my life so I fought back & used his own gun to keep him from killing me."

I think we'd be in pretty much the same situation.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Well yes, but because that's the law, not because of the latent racism you're implying (or alluding?).

Actually, thinking about the situation, if they had gotten in the altercation & Martin ended up shooting Zimmerman, it presumably would have been with Zimmerman's own gun, which would have made it really easy for him to make the case it was self-defense. Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to tell his side of the story (I was trying to keep an eye on him & protect my community), and Martin could say "This guy was tailing me, the cops told him to stop but he didn't, he got out of the car & came after me, I saw his gun & was afraid for my life so I fought back & used his own gun to keep him from killing me."

I think we'd be in pretty much the same situation.
imo i don't think we'd be in pretty much the same situation ... right or wrong, it would be easier to paint a more incriminating picture of a 17 year old walking in the rain with a hoodie ... who's been caught for smoking weed in the past etc .. i mean, what else would he be doing at that time of night in the rain ...