Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 07-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The problem with that...and its a view I held for a long time also

...is that Genesis doesnt just define the periods of time as days...but as parts of days...Morning, and Evening. It is as if every effort is made to highlight the point that these were not seven period of time...or seven days from GODs point of view...but that they were seven, litteral, blocks of time, with a morning and an evening...
Well, the Genesis account does define the days as days. There was a Hebrew word that could have been used if GOD had wanted to describe a vague period of time, but He didn't. The word used for day in the Hebrew means a 24-hour day.

Quote:
You've also changed your stance on this...during the time of MacT you were a strict creationalist...who told me that it wasnt seven periods of time, but seven, twenty four hour days
I'm still a strict 24-hour days Creationalist. I just believe that science is viewing a skewed version of the events. Either because of a flaw in our system or just the expansion of the universe making those days appear to be billions of years.

I first read about the time dilation theory around 2003, so it's always been a possibility in my mind. I think you are simply misremembering the discussions from the earlier forums.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think you are simply misremembering the discussions from the earlier forums.
I doubt that

The main reason I was forced to change my theory of seven periods of time was specifically because of a conversation, with you, on this very forum, when you went into detail about the different words used and how it definately meant seven 24 hour days, and not seven periods of time.

Creationalism was one of the biggest challenges for me when the Christian Section was first set up...coz you all believed in that, and in young earth also, infact I recall you arguing using the geneology to prove it, and me saying that those genelogies could be full of holes, or the numbers could be figurative or even hold pragmatical value according to numerology, rather then be accurate about the ammount of time passed. You were adament.

My view was formed in reaction to this forum...as several other views have been also...thats how I know what you said, because it had an impact on my theories....You, Parmanidies, Play The Man, Warriorlion, and Psykojojo have each contributed directly to changes in my personalized theology through interaction on this forum, specifically between 2007-2009...What I like to call "The MacT Era" since of all those who came onto the forum, none I remember I dislike quite as much as that staunch Calvinistic Puritan.

I also write things in my journals about conversations that happen here...I dont work completely from memory, I have a whole shelf of records on every aspect of my life, which I regularly use as a resource tool...and sometimes I read just for fun, or when I feel nostalgic...not to mention, I have my video blogs aswell, where, at least up until 2010, they were almost entirely aimed at and about me in relationship to this forum, for this forum as its intended audience.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Administrator

It's actually kind of funny that you remember MacT as a Calvinist. I remember him being extremely hostile to the Calvinist doctrine.

Personally, I didn't know much about what Calvinism was back then and I was very hesitant to be associated with it. Now that I have had a few years to study it, I don't find much to disagree with at all.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
It's actually kind of funny that you remember MacT as a Calvinist. I remember him being extremely hostile to the Calvinist doctrine.

Personally, I didn't know much about what Calvinism was back then and I was very hesitant to be associated with it. Now that I have had a few years to study it, I don't find much to disagree with at all.
No he was a Calvinist...He even believed in TULIP, I cant remember what that stands for...but as he was the one to explain it to me when I specifically asked, I know he was a Calvinist. He believed that only the ellect got saved, and that GOD created people destined for hell because they could not choose life of their own accord. IF they "chose" anything, it was merely because the Spirit had already got them. Therefore its predestined salvation.

I think you liked the bit about sin being so overpowering that it rendered humans incapable of choosing to follow Christ...but you hesitated because of the obvious flaw in Calvinism...to accept that doctrine, is to accept pre-destination entirely when it comes down to salvation...which isnt fine when you consider that Christ wouldnt sacrifice himself for all...but then not choose to give some the option to choose him freely.

Last I heard you had changed your stance on that one also...and if we didnt like it, it was simply because GOD was beyond our ability to comprehend...which whilst true is much the same get-out clause you've used concerning the theories on the flood. Its beyond our comprehension, so lets just accept the paradox and ignore what a cruel GOD that would logically create.

I cant do that Nathan. I wish I could...but as I put in my Siggie once until you told me to remove it coz you said it was offensive

"Calvinism creates a loveless GOD, Universalism creates a Judgeless GOD"

Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
The thing about the meteorites is pretty crazy. I'm not saying it's untrue, it's just not something I would have expected.
Interestingly meteors and comets presumably come from super far away from the earth. Thing is, how do they stay intact for so long if that is the case? At some point they'd be ripped apart by gravity, but this makes sense, esp if the hyrdo-plate theory is true since chunks of the earth's terrain WOULD have been blown into outer space.

Quote:
Plus, the global flood explains a lot about the fossil record. The conditions for an animal to fossilize need to be created instantaneously, it's not something that can happen over millions of years.

And there was always the question of why so many dinosaur fossils have their heads thrown back and mouths wide open like they were struggling when they died... they were drowning while being crushed under tons of water and mud.
If they have found thousands of such fossils there must be MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of such fossils UN-found. No way by "chance" were there that many animals on the earth stupid enough to get caught up in some flash flood type of situation; which is what is posited by those whom espouse the evolutionary timescale.

Quote:
The worldwide flood goes a long way to explain so much about the world we live in, even the stratification of the earth's crust. However, scientists refuse to even entertain the theory because they don't want to give any credence whatsoever to the Bible.
Exactly. They won't even TOUCH the evidence. They will not speak of it, look at it, or give it even a minor consideration if it breaks away from their "academic understanding". Evolution is an agenda. Evolution is propaganda. Evolution has a mission to discredit creation, plain and simple.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
There is just one other thing to note...isnt it strange that the earth has tranches, like marinas and the Grand Canyon...and so does Mars
Personally I think ALL of Creation suffered God's Wrath upon Adam and Eve's fall in the Garden. Even the planets did. I wouldn't be surprised at all if God caused even the terrain of Mars to undergo a violent series of events itself as part of the curse over all creation.

My own theory is that the Earth and all of the planets once orbited the Sun itself on a circular orbit, and not an elliptical one. My basis for that is how the earth has to endure the change of seasons from cold to hot and from hot to cold...I don't know. I make no claims of expertise, but a constant circular orbit would have made the Earth constant in its climate at least.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Personally I think ALL of Creation suffered God's Wrath upon Adam and Eve's fall in the Garden. Even the planets did. I wouldn't be surprised at all if God caused even the terrain of Mars to undergo a violent series of events itself as part of the curse over all creation.

My own theory is that the Earth and all of the planets once orbited the Sun itself on a circular orbit, and not an elliptical one. My basis for that is how the earth has to endure the change of seasons from cold to hot and from hot to cold...I don't know. I make no claims of expertise, but a constant circular orbit would have made the Earth constant in its climate at least.
Well its certainly possible...after all other Stars have planets that revolve around them differently...even in this System we have one planet that doesnt spin, which means its permanently day time on one side of the planet, and permanent night on the other.

Also, quite common are Binary systems which obviously get complicated with Planets, as more then one star is involved in the system, and sometimes one of the stars is not static but revolving around the other

Just to make it really complex...I think Capella has FOUR Stars in the same system...... A, B, C and D I havent looked into how that would work with planets aswell...but it likely does.

Dont forget Stars also change size, and heat intensity during their existance. Blue, then White, Then Yellow, then Red....with some going Green also...It depends what substance the Reactor is burning. But the basis of the problem is that the Star is one big nuclear reactor turning its essence from one element to another. Burning Hydrogen is fantastic...Not sure Burning Iron works quite as well
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
My view was formed in reaction to this forum...as several other views have been also...thats how I know what you said, because it had an impact on my theories....You, Parmanidies, Play The Man, Warriorlion, and Psykojojo have each contributed directly to changes in my personalized theology through interaction on this forum, specifically between 2007-2009...What I like to call "The MacT Era" since of all those who came onto the forum, none I remember I dislike quite as much as that staunch Calvinistic Puritan.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
all in a Good Way!