Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-07-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I've always just called her Brunhilda 'cause of that braid.
Hey aren't you supposed to be working?!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hey aren't you supposed to be working?!
Gonzales gave me a nice long break!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Gonzales gave me a nice long break!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I was flinching at the end every time Barboza kicked Oliveira's left leg! I don't understand why Oliveira was moving to the left at the end and why he didn't switch up legs?
I ran outside for what I thought was just a couple minutes and I missed the whole thing!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 AM

Gabriel Gonzales vs. Dave Herman

Round 1:
Brunhilda is the referee for this heavyweight fight. Herman goes for a leg kick, Gonzales cracks him with a right hook to the jaw which drops him. He lands several hammerfists before Winslow is able to jump in and stop it, which gives VCURamFan a nice, long break.

Gabriel Gonzales def. Dave Herman via KO at 0:17 of round one.

Last edited by flo; 07-07-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I ran outside for what I thought was just a couple minutes and I missed the whole thing!!!

Never leave the TV!!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 AM

Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome

Round 1:
Steve Mazzagatti is the referee for this lightweight fight. Park with a high kick and a low kick. Tokudome responds with a sharp two-punch combo. Both fighters moving in and out and mixing up punches and kicks, with Parke partial to looping overhands. Both fighters landing shots and neither giving up an inch. Midway through we get a grappling contest, which ends up with Park scoring a takedown. Tokudome right back to his feet. Parke with another takedown, but Tokudome quickly reverses position. Parke doing a solid job defending from the bottom, landing a pair of elbows. Onem inute left. Tokudome improves his position and throws a big elbows. Parke escapes and now he's on top of Tokudome.

Round 2:
Parke lands a huge counter right to the jaw which briefly drops Tokudome. He connects with another right and a third one, but Tokudome looks tough as nails in shaking them off. Parke a head kick which knocks Tokudome off-balance and a series of lefts to the jaw. Tokudome just rolls with it. Parke with a takedown at the round's midpoint. Tokudome works his way back to his feet. They break, Tokudome connects with a solid running knee and Parke immediately scored a takedown. One minute left. Tokudome on his hands and knees, with Parke basically holding him in a facelock. They're standing again late, but neither goes for broke in the closing seconds.

Round 3:
They touch gloves to start round three. Then they start swinging and mostly missing. Parke grabs a single, Tokudome hops backwards on one leg to sprawl it. Then Tokudome scores a takedown, in spite of Parke's best fence-grabbing efforts. Back to their feet, where the clinch and switch position several times. Parke goes for a takedown, but Tokudome is in top position when they hit the mat. They're back to their feet midway through the round. Tokduome lands a head kick. Then another one, followed by a four-punch combo. Tokudome charges at Parke and scores a takedown, but Parke's right back up. This is easily Tokudome's best round. But he probably needs a finish and hasn't come close. One minute left. A flurry of action as the round ends.

Norman Parke def. Kazuki Tokudome via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).

Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Never leave the TV!!
I'm glued to it now!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Never leave the TV!!
unless you've got a dvr!

Flo, I thought y'all got one?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome

Round 1:
Steve Mazzagatti is the referee for this lightweight fight. Park with a high kick and a low kick. Tokudome responds with a sharp two-punch combo. Both fighters moving in and out and mixing up punches and kicks, with Parke partial to looping overhands. Both fighters landing shots and neither giving up an inch. Midway through we get a grappling contest, which ends up with Park scoring a takedown. Tokudome right back to his feet. Parke with another takedown, but Tokudome quickly reverses position. Parke doing a solid job defending from the bottom, landing a pair of elbows. Onem inute left. Tokudome improves his position and throws a big elbows. Parke escapes and now he's on top of Tokudome.

Round 2:
Parke lands a huge counter right to the jaw which briefly drops Tokudome. He connects with another right and a third one, but Tokudome looks tough as nails in shaking them off. Parke a head kick which knocks Tokudome off-balance and a series of lefts to the jaw. Tokudome just rolls with it. Parke with a takedown at the round's midpoint. Tokudome works his way back to his feet. They break, Tokudome connects with a solid running knee and Parke immediately scored a takedown. One minute left. Tokudome on his hands and knees, with Parke basically holding him in a facelock. They're standing again late, but neither goes for broke in the closing seconds.

Round 3:
They touch gloves to start round three. Then they start swinging and mostly missing. Parke grabs a single, Tokudome hops backwards on one leg to sprawl it. Then Tokudome scores a takedown, in spite of Parke's best fence-grabbing efforts. Back to their feet, where the clinch and switch position several times. Parke goes for a takedown, but Tokudome is in top position when they hit the mat. They're back to their feet midway through the round. Tokduome lands a head kick. Then another one, followed by a four-punch combo. Tokudome charges at Parke and scores a takedown, but Parke's right back up. This is easily Tokudome's best round. But he probably needs a finish and hasn't come close. One minute left. A flurry of action as the round ends.

Norman Parke def. Kazuki Tokudome via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
I agreed with the 29-28 judge...unless Ben has some stats on this fight showing Parke's with the 30-27?