Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM

Default James Gandolfini Dies

I was so shocked when I heard about his death last night. I read where he has a baby daughter and a 13-yr. old son; his son was with him in Rome at the time of his death. May GOD comfort his family in their time of grief.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM

yeah .. this news killed me .. big fan of JG, not only in the sopranos .. a lot of people gave him flack for only being able to play a gangster, but i think he had many good roles ... of course tony soprano is what he will be remembered for ... the sopranos changed TV and many other great shows used them as a model for successful show ... RIP Jimmy!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:41 AM

I didn't know he had young children, Bonnie. We have all seasons of The Sopranos on DVD; he was a great guy and a superb actor, IMO. What a loss, my sympathy to his family in their time of grief.

A sign of his character...I can't recall all the details but there was some open-air event that Glen Beck went to with his young son. He and James Gandolfini apparently saw each other and Gandolfini made some disparaging comment to Beck in front of his child (like calling him the anti-Christ or something like that). Glen didn't respond; after a while, James came up to him and apologized, said he was wrong. It takes a big man to apologize.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-06-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I didn't know he had young children, Bonnie. We have all seasons of The Sopranos on DVD; he was a great guy and a superb actor, IMO. What a loss, my sympathy to his family in their time of grief.

A sign of his character...I can't recall all the details but there was some open-air event that Glen Beck went to with his young son. He and James Gandolfini apparently saw each other and Gandolfini made some disparaging comment to Beck in front of his child (like calling him the anti-Christ or something like that). Glen didn't respond; after a while, James came up to him and apologized, said he was wrong. It takes a big man to apologize.
I'm glad Beck didn't respond, that was probably what got James to thinking how wrong he was. I'm glad he was man enough to admit it and apologize. Speaks to both their characters.

They were saying yesterday that his Will is a mess and that the government might get $30 million of his $70 million estate. It's so wrong the way we're taxed, even after death!