Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No...he would have been shot instead...coz thats soooooo much better
Well, if you were going to be killed and only had a choice between the two, which method would you opt for? These two killers were literally stopped in their tracks when the police shot them after the men started charging towards them. So Lee Rigby might be alive today if he or someone in the crowd had had a gun to stop them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-24-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No...he would have been shot instead...coz thats soooooo much better
Oh come on, that's silly. He was military. If he was armed with a gun, he would have defended himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well, if you were going to be killed and only had a choice between the two, which method would you opt for? These two killers were literally stopped in their tracks when the police shot them after the men started charging towards them. So Lee Rigby might be alive today if he or someone in the crowd had had a gun to stop them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE
Exactly.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Well, one thing's for sure...huan got a lively conversation going.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? Are you 12?

There was nothing anti-american in his post. As a matter of fact, that post was tame compared to some others. lol
Bless you Denise
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well, if you were going to be killed and only had a choice between the two, which method would you opt for? These two killers were literally stopped in their tracks when the police shot them after the men started charging towards them. So Lee Rigby might be alive today if he or someone in the crowd had had a gun to stop them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE
I think a far bigger question is, how come this took place yards from a military compound WITH firearms, did none of THEM react and why when the secret service had them on watch for eight years, did they get as far as they did....alot of the anti-terrorism secret service branches are armed...at least...so we are led to believe...noone really knows

The Killers were not aprehended by police...They WAITED for the police to arrive...they could have gotten away, but chose to make youtube videos explaining why they did it instead

I am suprised that Rigby wasnt armed...Military peeps are encouraged to wear their uniforms in public now, and I know the Ministry of Defence Police (who arent even technically speaking military, but Civil Service) constantly walk around Harrogate with firearms on show...I mean, they carry them into the Store to do shopping with them Its most disconcerting...and you see people giving them a wide birth I am still not sure, technically speaking, its legal for them to do it...but its not something one can bring up in friendly conversation with them really is it

Although...this afternoon, I thought about Liddellfan, when I had to sign my allotment aggreement...unbelievably, one of the stipulations, is an aggreement NOT to hunt pest (Birds, Mice, Rats, Moles) that drift over from the Gorge next door...using either "an air rifle or a shotgun"

A shotgun WTF
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Well, one thing's for sure...huan got a lively conversation going.
yes, its kinda exciting isnt it I mean...I do love a nice debate

Oh...and I dont hate all American Republicans, even if my response looked a little general...I just dont like the Stereotype, which I'm afraid Liddellfan kinda reminded me of The rest of you are lovely wonderful people
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
yes, its kinda exciting isnt it I mean...I do love a nice debate
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Oh...and I dont hate all American Republicans, even if my response looked a little general...I just dont like the Stereotype, which I'm afraid Liddellfan kinda reminded me of The rest of you are lovely wonderful people
LOL! I thought you were already one of us conservative Republicans, Tyburn. At least in spirit.

Well, we will have to bring you over to the dark side...

*Cue maniacal laughter*

__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think a far bigger question is, how come this took place yards from a military compound WITH firearms, did none of THEM react and why when the secret service had them on watch for eight years, did they get as far as they did....alot of the anti-terrorism secret service branches are armed...at least...so we are led to believe...noone really knows

The Killers were not aprehended by police...They WAITED for the police to arrive...they could have gotten away, but chose to make youtube videos explaining why they did it instead

I am suprised that Rigby wasnt armed...Military peeps are encouraged to wear their uniforms in public now, and I know the Ministry of Defence Police (who arent even technically speaking military, but Civil Service) constantly walk around Harrogate with firearms on show...I mean, they carry them into the Store to do shopping with them Its most disconcerting...and you see people giving them a wide birth I am still not sure, technically speaking, its legal for them to do it...but its not something one can bring up in friendly conversation with them really is it

Although...this afternoon, I thought about Liddellfan, when I had to sign my allotment aggreement...unbelievably, one of the stipulations, is an aggreement NOT to hunt pest (Birds, Mice, Rats, Moles) that drift over from the Gorge next door...using either "an air rifle or a shotgun"

A shotgun WTF
Yes, they stayed and waited for the police, then charged them, that's when they were shot. I really think they probably wanted to be killed so they could be seen as martyrs. Unfortunately, they are still breathing and poor Lee Rigby is dead.

I felt like Liddellfan was doing to you what he was accusing you of. And honestly, would you have come on two American tours if you were anti-American...that is unless you were a terrorist!
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-24-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I felt like Liddellfan was doing to you what he was accusing you of. And honestly, would you have come on two American tours if you were anti-American...
Exactly. Tyburn is an honorary Yankee.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No...he would have been shot instead...coz thats soooooo much better
Tyburn, didn't the Muslim terrorists have a firearm? Despite your gun control, the only person at the scene with a gun was the terrorist (at least for the first 20+ minutes). We haven't received many follow-up details in the U.S. press on this story. How did the terrorist get a gun? Why couldn't soldier Rigby carry a firearm?
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.