Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Student of the Sport

Default Miesha Tate awarded 'TUF 18' coaching spot, Ronda Rousey rematch following Cat Zingan

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/28...rousey-rematch

Quote:
Cat Zingano knee injury has opened the door to the most-anticipated rematch in women's MMA history.

Miesha Tate will now coach opposite UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey on the 18th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," the promotion announced Tuesday evening. Zingano suffered a serious injury earlier this month, which forced her out of the reality show and eventual title fight against Rousey in December.

As a result, Tate will now get a chance to avenge last year's loss to Rousey following the taping of the show. TUF 18 premieres Sept. 4 on the new FOX Sports 1 cable channel.

According to a Yahoo! Sports report, Zingano underwent surgery on her right knee on Tuesday to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus, as well as to clean up other damage. Zingano, who defeated Tate on April 13 to earn a shot at Rousey and a coaching spot on the show, is hoping to resume training in six-to-nine months, and according to the same report, has been promised a title shot upon her return.

Rousey was reportedly told of the switch during the show's first day of filming on Tuesday. When Tate appeared on the set, Rousey thought Tate was replacing her on the show and stormed off. She was then notified that it was Zingano who was being replaced.

"This is what we really wanted all along," Rousey told Yahoo! Sports. "Everyone said an Ultimate Fighter between me and Miesha would be the best. We have a personal history with each other and this is a personal show. For some reason, I me and Miesha are intertwined in fate like Ali and Frazier or something like that.

"I think people will look back at this as one of monumental rivalries and look back at this as one of those things that really cemented women's MMA."

Tate was scheduled to fight Liz Carmouche at UFC on FOX 8 in July. Carmouche has yet to receive a new opponent.

No specific date has officially been announced for Rousey-Tate rematch. Rousey defeated Tate to win the Strikeforce bantamweight title in March 2012. She won her UFC debut against Carmouche in February via first-round armbar.
I have to agree that this is the fight most want to see, aside from Cyborg.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/28...rousey-rematch

I have to agree that this is the fight most want to see, aside from Cyborg.
Ugh, I just pray Bryan Caraway doesn't get any screen time. Due bugs the crap outta me.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Ugh, I just pray Bryan Caraway doesn't get any screen time. Due bugs the crap outta me.
What has happened recently with Bryan Caraway? I read a bunch of stuff about Diaz not liking him and some fans were blasting him on another forum but when I looked on mmaweekly and sherdog I didn't find anything about him really. Where are you finding out what he has said that's so annoying? I'd like to read it because I just hear about people complaining about him.

Oh and I'm not being sarcastic I'd like to read it so I can see what people are thinking.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:34 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
What has happened recently with Bryan Caraway? I read a bunch of stuff about Diaz not liking him and some fans were blasting him on another forum but when I looked on mmaweekly and sherdog I didn't find anything about him really. Where are you finding out what he has said that's so annoying? I'd like to read it because I just hear about people complaining about him.

Oh and I'm not being sarcastic I'd like to read it so I can see what people are thinking.
Well, he blasted Pat Healy after the pot thing & said he had no remorse & was happy to take Pat's money from him. Then there was the whole eblowing Cat Zingano thing. He just generally comes off as a bit of a Summer's Eve, if you know what I mean.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Well, he blasted Pat Healy after the pot thing & said he had no remorse & was happy to take Pat's money from him. Then there was the whole eblowing Cat Zingano thing. He just generally comes off as a bit of a Summer's Eve, if you know what I mean.
LOL ...

sucks for cat ... that fight with her and meisha was a wore and she deserved that gig .. oh well ... i am sure dana will make sure he keeps her in mind down the road ...
Old 05-31-2013, 09:11 PM

Hey there Irish Pride check this link for the whole "Carawy elbows Zingano" story.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/17...-tuf-17-finale