Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default Bellator could soon be weekly on UK television



Not only has Paul Sass just signed with Bellator...apparently,

"we are setting the table for making Bellator an every-week televised occurrence in the U.K"

So says the company CEO



Oh I DO hope so!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Dave, I gotta be 100% honest here: I'm pretty shocked by your hypocrisy hear. I dunno, maybe "hypocrisy" isn't the right word, but you absolutely have a glaring double-standard.

Bellator uses the identical contracts that the UFC does (literally stole them word-word word, just replacing "UFC" with "Bellator", "Fox" with "Spike", etc.), and uses them in more destructive ways that the the UFC does (Eddie Alvarez, much?). If you think that the UFC's handling of its fighters is morally reprehensible, how can you be a supporter of Bellator? They pay less, their fighters get less sponsorships & they have a history of making life miserable for guys trying to move on (Eddie's not the only one). What's your justification for hating the UFC because of a crime, but gushing over a company that commits the identical crime with far more vigor?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,557
Default

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Yeah, I know.


But seriously, though: if you're big complaint with the UFC is their capricious contracts, and Bellator takes the identical contracts & is even worse with them, how are you excited about Bellator but hating on the UFC?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,557
Default

nah bro .. i totally get it .. i just hope dave's response isn't too long that i won't read it ..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, I gotta be 100% honest here: I'm pretty shocked by your hypocrisy hear. I dunno, maybe "hypocrisy" isn't the right word, but you absolutely have a glaring double-standard.

Bellator uses the identical contracts that the UFC does (literally stole them word-word word, just replacing "UFC" with "Bellator", "Fox" with "Spike", etc.), and uses them in more destructive ways that the the UFC does (Eddie Alvarez, much?). If you think that the UFC's handling of its fighters is morally reprehensible, how can you be a supporter of Bellator? They pay less, their fighters get less sponsorships & they have a history of making life miserable for guys trying to move on (Eddie's not the only one). What's your justification for hating the UFC because of a crime, but gushing over a company that commits the identical crime with far more vigor?
You've got me wrong on two levels.

Firstly, I shall support my friends over any institution. I am pleased that Paul Sass has found any international platform, the fact it happens to be Bellator is just circumstance

Secondly...there is ONE thing that Bellator is doing which the UFC isnt. The real problem with the UFC is that we cant view it in England! THATS THE PROBLEM...its hard to support a company who doesnt bother to put their events on an easily accessable channel, and who charges way to much for the product they put out.

Bellator are looking to do free weekly broadcasts on British TV...IF Bellator can do that, WTH is the UFCs excuse? except for the fact they think that because they have reasonable coverage in the US all of a sudden that makes them Global...well, sorry but it doesnt. Frankly, I long for the time when I can sit down and spend a good three odd hours watching MMA...rather then all sunday morning, trying to watch videos, of parts of fights on a slow internet connection before the UFC move to remove them...and before you say about the Facebook fights...yeah...that doesnt seem to work in the UK either. My excitement isnt specifically Bellator...its simply that a recognisable MMA brand is comming to an easily accessable TV station hopefully...

The UFC HAVE impressed me lately, and I've specifically given credit where its due. I gave credit for them showing their code of conduct, I've vocally supported their use thus far, I've recognised that they want to come to England at the same time each year which would be more useful for fans diaries....and ive said I will look into their BT Sports deal...but will only be interested if thats for broadcast of their events...I am not interested in their youtube paid account...but dont condemn the fact they have one...Its just not for me, I wouldnt use it enough to be worth the money. So dont think that I'm just a hater, you should know me better then that by now.

Finally...I must admit, I am EXTREMELY pissed off with the UFC for what they have done concerning the strikeforce merger, and the women, at the expense of my friends...that really bugs me, that they keep some right idiots who cant fight, cant win, and arent exciting...and get rid of the vast majority of their british fighters, who, frankly, can, and basically lie about the reasons. Not to mention the fact that Dana White just cant seem to keep his word when he makes promises to fighters concerning Championship contention.

All my criticisms of the contracts stand against anyone who produces them, that includes Bellator...but on a personal level, they have yet to cause me offense
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,557
Default

got it .. so mma promoters can treat their employees like garbage as long as they show said fighters who are being exploited on UK TV ... makes sense ...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
got it .. so mma promoters can treat their employees like garbage as long as they show said fighters who are being exploited on UK TV ... makes sense ...
No no no, you've got Dave completely wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
All my criticisms of the contracts stand against anyone who produces them, that includes Bellator...but on a personal level, they have yet to cause me offense
This is what it all comes down to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
got it .. so mma promoters can treat their employees like garbage as long as they show said fighters who are being exploited on UK TV ... makes sense ...
Noooo...Generally, all capitalistic companies are bad to work for thats just life.

I tend not to overly criticise until it directly effects me or one of my friends. THEN it becomes personal. Bellator is like any other organization out there to me, they probably dont pay their employees enough and have bad contracts also...but they havent yet used that against me or anyone I am loyal to.

I have to give them a chance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
No no no, you've got Dave completely wrong

This is what it all comes down to.
Absolutely.

They have not yet personally offended me. So my Critiques of them will be very generic. I am also not well versed in them, because until recently I have had no need to really care much about them...for a similar reason...not enough people in the organization that I care about.

With me its always personal
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.