Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-26-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
What an amazing night of fights so far!!
Couldn't agree more!!

(except for that awful camera-work when TJ put the finishing hurt on Maynard, right before the stoppage, Dana won't like that bit)

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-26-2013, 04:06 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Couldn't agree more!!

(except for that awful camera-work when TJ put the finishing hurt on Maynard, right before the stoppage, Dana won't like that bit)
Yeah, but I think Dana would get bored if he didn't have at least one thing to yell about afterwards. I bet the crew has to draw straws to see who screws up & takes the heat each week.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 AM

Glover Teixeira vs. James Te Huna

Round 1:
Herb Dean is our referee for this battle of light heavyweight contenders. Teixeira seizes a single early. Te Huna fights it off and absorbs a flurry. Overhand right barely misses for Teixeira. Teixeira scoops up Te Huna and plants him on the canvas, landing inside his guard. Teixeira immediately passes to half guard. Short elbows from Teixeira. Te Huna regains his guard but eats a few shots. Teixeira muscles into half guard, then tries to advance into side control but Te Huna stands. Teixeira snakes his right arm under Te Huna's throat, traps an arm then dives onto the mat clutching a guillotine. This one is tight. Te Huna taps immediately. Well, that was quick.

UFC 160 results: Glover Teixeira def. James Te Huna via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:38 or round 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, but I think Dana would get bored if he didn't have at least one thing to yell about afterwards. I bet the crew has to draw straws to see who screws up & takes the heat each week.
hee hee, I think you got something there...

Old 05-26-2013, 04:29 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Glover Teixeira vs. James Te Huna

Round 1:
Herb Dean is our referee for this battle of light heavyweight contenders. Teixeira seizes a single early. Te Huna fights it off and absorbs a flurry. Overhand right barely misses for Teixeira. Teixeira scoops up Te Huna and plants him on the canvas, landing inside his guard. Teixeira immediately passes to half guard. Short elbows from Teixeira. Te Huna regains his guard but eats a few shots. Teixeira muscles into half guard, then tries to advance into side control but Te Huna stands. Teixeira snakes his right arm under Te Huna's throat, traps an arm then dives onto the mat clutching a guillotine. This one is tight. Te Huna taps immediately. Well, that was quick.

UFC 160 results: Glover Teixeira def. James Te Huna via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:38 or round 1.
Am I the only one that's not blown away by Glover Texeria? I mean, his UFC wins are 3 C+/B- fighters & a washed-up Rampage. He's dominated those guys easily, but how does that out him at #4 LHW in the UFC?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:34 AM

They just showed your stats, bro!

Nice first round~!

Old 05-26-2013, 04:51 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Holy cannoli, that KICK!!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:10 AM

Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt

Round 1:
Our referee for this heavyweight clash is Steve Mazzagatti. Touch of gloves and we're off. Dos Santos wings a straight right past Hunt's head. Hunt answers with a left. Big swing and miss for Hunt. Dos Santos looking to go to the body. Hunt wades forward with a flurry. Huge overhand right obliterates Hunts! Dos Santos lunges in but Hunt is already back on his feet. Wow. Hunt trudges forward and misses with another flurry. Dos Santos backs away from a body kick. Hunt firing off hooks but nothing lands flush. Hunt stalking forward. Dos Santos jabs the body, then follows with a cross. Hunt paws out his jab. Spinning back fist misses for Hunt. Dos Santos barely misses with a wild overhand right. Another from dos Santos and this one finds its mark.

Round 2:
Another touch of gloves kicks us off. Good sportsmanship. Hunt delivers a right into dos Santos' brow. Dos Santos answers with his own shot. Big left hook backs up dos Santos. Hunt connects with a low kick then eats a right. Dos Santos getting the better of the striking exchanges so far. Hunt pushes forward and wings a left into the body. Big jab from dos Santos. And another. Dos Santos feeling it now. Another jab. Hunt still stalking forward. Dos Santos lands a spinning kick to the body. Hunt closes the distance and finds a home for a salvo. Huge right hand just misses for Hunt. Wild exchange against the fence. Dos Santos drops down for a double and gets it, landing in half guard. The audience boos the takedown? Really? Dos Santos working short shots from the top, then advances into side control. Big series of elbows from the former champ. MMA Fighting scores the round 10-9 for dos Santos.

Round 3:
Big swell of applause greets the final frame. Hunt swings for the fences and just misses a massive overhand right. Left hook lands for dos Santos. Dos Santos goes back to his jab then circles left. Hunt headhunting with his left hook. Big combination connects for dos Santos. Hunt eats a series of jabs and crosses then fires off a leg kick. Hunt still stalking forward. Dos Santos swings and misses wildly. Hunt's running out of time. Dos Santos avoids a wild overhand right. Huge left hook staggers Hunt. Dos Santos closes for the kill but Hunts fires right back. There's no quit in him. Massive spinning back kick floors Hunt! Oh my God. Dos Santos swarms and unloads a right hand. Mark Hunt is out. Wow.

UFC 160 results: Junior dos Santos def. Mark Hunt via knockout (spinning back kick and punches) at 4:18 of round 3.

I picked Mark to win but I'm really happy for Junior, I just love the guy!! I can't wait for Jr. vs Cain, pt 2...

Old 05-26-2013, 05:18 AM

Cain Velasquez vs. Bigfoot Silva

Round 1:
Mario Yamasaki is our referee for this UFC heavyweight title bout. No touch of gloves. Velasquez immediately drops for a single but Silva evades. One-two from Velasquez. Silva answers with an uppercut. Velasquez briefly hunts for a double but can't get it. Huge jab-cross drops Silva! Silva turtles up and Velasquez swarms. Velasquez rains downs punches until Yamasaki is forced to stop it. Silva quickly protests the stoppage. He seemed alright but there's nothing you can really do there. He ate a slew of unanswered shots.

UFC 160 results: Cain Velasquez def. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva via TKO (punches) at 1:21 of round 1.

Did anyone think this fight would go any other way?

zzzzzzzz

Time for Jr. vs. Cain II

Old 05-26-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Cain Velasquez vs. Bigfoot Silva

Round 1:
Mario Yamasaki is our referee for this UFC heavyweight title bout. No touch of gloves. Velasquez immediately drops for a single but Silva evades. One-two from Velasquez. Silva answers with an uppercut. Velasquez briefly hunts for a double but can't get it. Huge jab-cross drops Silva! Silva turtles up and Velasquez swarms. Velasquez rains downs punches until Yamasaki is forced to stop it. Silva quickly protests the stoppage. He seemed alright but there's nothing you can really do there. He ate a slew of unanswered shots.

UFC 160 results: Cain Velasquez def. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva via TKO (punches) at 1:21 of round 1.

Did anyone think this fight would go any other way?

zzzzzzzz

Time for Jr. vs. Cain II
Cain was my pick, but I felt like this fight was kind of a let down...the way it ended...Silva was moving, he wasn't out of it by any means. Anyone else feel the same way?

Still, it was an amazing night of fights...bloody...but amazing!

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-26-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

HEY AMY!!!!!! GOT A CUT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

Just not on a dude's face this time!