Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Student of the Sport

Default Nate Diaz suspended over controversial tweet

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/16...oversial-tweet

Quote:
Nate Diaz has been been suspended by the UFC after using a gay slur in a tweet Thursday afternoon.

"We are very disappointed by Nate Diazís comments, which are in no way reflective of our organization. Nate is currently suspended pending internal investigation and we will provide further comment once the matter has been decided," the UFC said in a statement.

Diaz tweeted the above statement in his defense of Pat Healy, who was stripped of his bonus money after a positive marijuana test at UFC 159. The "guy who took the money" is believed to be Bryan Caraway, who was recently awarded the submission of the night bonus.

Diaz's troubles could be much more than a suspension.

"We are going to fine, suspend or cut him. One or two of those three will happen," UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting's Dave Meltzer.

White also told Meltzer the UFC would ultimately decide Diaz's punishment when he returns from Germany on Friday morning.
People don't seem to learn from others mistakes.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:57 AM

oh these Diaz boys never stop amazing me. you certainly cannot say "Fag" these days. i mean, i get it. itd be the same as if he said the "N" word anything similar. but i must admit, that I have a tendency to call stuff that I dont like "gay". as in "wow, my remote control wont work. thats gay." i cant help it
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Stump Rules!

I do that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
oh these Diaz boys never stop amazing me. you certainly cannot say "Fag" these days. i mean, i get it. itd be the same as if he said the "N" word anything similar. but i must admit, that I have a tendency to call stuff that I dont like "gay". as in "wow, my remote control wont work. thats gay." i cant help it

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
That's certainly not the case. Many comedians have already pointed it out, but if you're comparing the evil of two words & you can't say one of the words: that's obviously the worse word!

It's about "midget" and not "faggot", but the principle still applies:

There are lots of words that are offensive to a lot of different people, but I'm sick & tired of people trying to claim that their word is "as bad as the 'N' word". No, it's not. Your "plight" is no where near that bad. Get over yourself.

Last edited by VCURamFan; 05-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Didn't Dana call someone a faggot once?
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Didn't Dana call someone a faggot once?
http://www.cagepotato.com/danavlog-w...ery-bad-words/
Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Hailey's Dad

These gay fags need to lighten up.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Student of the Sport

I guess the good news is, if he gets canned he could be a huge star in brother's promotion
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM

for the most part, i agree with you VCU. maybe i should have elaborated. i think the "F" word is as degrading to a homosexual as the "N" word is to a black person. not comparing their struggles through history, just saying that they're both equally offended.

the big difference to me, black people dont choose what color they are.
gay people do (IMO).

but if it says in your contract, "don't say this stuff", and you proceed to do so in a very public forum, you obviously dont want a job. or youre just challenging your boss as if you dont expect him to do anything.

heres food for thought; why would homosexuals be offended if Nate called a straight person a "Fag"? i understand that you shouldnt call homosexuals fags because theyre offended, but why cant you call a straight person a fag without offending homosexuals? like if someone called me the "n" word, id just laugh. because im not at all remotely black. and my buddies call me a fag all the time just kidding with me. this is a topic that could be debated to no end i guess because some people are offended by everything.

(i hope at least part of that makes since as i was typing it as i thought it)
Old 05-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
for the most part, i agree with you VCU. maybe i should have elaborated. i think the "F" word is as degrading to a homosexual as the "N" word is to a black person. not comparing their struggles through history, just saying that they're both equally offended.

the big difference to me, black people dont choose what color they are.
gay people do (IMO).

but if it says in your contract, "don't say this stuff", and you proceed to do so in a very public forum, you obviously dont want a job. or youre just challenging your boss as if you dont expect him to do anything.
Yeah, I agree with that. You absolutely have freedom of speech, but if you sign a contract, then you have to abide by the rules in it. It's like the 5th Amendment: you don't have to incriminate yourself. But if you do, you've forfeited that right.

Quote:
heres food for thought; why would homosexuals be offended if Nate called a straight person a "Fag"? i understand that you shouldnt call homosexuals fags because theyre offended, but why cant you call a straight person a fag without offending homosexuals? like if someone called me the "n" word, id just laugh. because im not at all remotely black. and my buddies call me a fag all the time just kidding with me. this is a topic that could be debated to no end i guess because some people are offended by everything.

(i hope at least part of that makes since as i was typing it as i thought it)
Well the idea is that when someone is called a fag, the implication is that there's something wrong with them. That they are as abnormal for that action/belief/etc. as a "real" fag is for their actions/beliefs/etc. So to use fag as an insult implies that simply being that gay is, in and of itself, an abnormal state of affairs & deserves to be mocked/derided/etc.