Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 AM
Stump Rules!

Jon Jones def. Chael Sonnen via TKO at 4:33 of round one.

I TOLD everybody so!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 AM
Student of the Sport

The crazy thing is, had this fight had made it out of the first round Chael would have won via that broken toe.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
The crazy thing is, had this fight had made it out of the first round Chael would have won via that broken toe.
Thank God it didn't. It would have broken Jones' record and we would have had to wait months for them to face again. Did you see Jones' elation in the fight totally change when he saw his foot? Poor guy looked like he was going to faint. It made me chuckle some. Guess that adrenaline wore off QUICK. Props to Rogan for getting him seated, holding him up, etc.

Anderson apparently called Dana White after UFC 159 and asked for a super fight. I wonder if he asked for Jones.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/did-anderso...lowing-ufc-159
Old 04-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Thank God it didn't. It would have broken Jones' record and we would have had to wait months for them to face again. Did you see Jones' elation in the fight totally change when he saw his foot? Poor guy looked like he was going to faint. It made me chuckle some. Guess that adrenaline wore off QUICK. Props to Rogan for getting him seated, holding him up, etc.

Anderson apparently called Dana White after UFC 159 and asked for a super fight. I wonder if he asked for Jones.
I thought he was going to throw up

As for Anderson, it is obviously Jones who he wants. GSP does not want to fight him, which we already knew.

I was listening to Dana's post-fight interview, my favorite part was him talking to Chael right after the fight. Chael looked at Dana and said "I think I won this fight, so this may be controversial" Chael cracks me up!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I thought he was going to throw up

As for Anderson, it is obviously Jones who he wants. GSP does not want to fight him, which we already knew.

I was listening to Dana's post-fight interview, my favorite part was him talking to Chael right after the fight. Chael looked at Dana and said "I think I won this fight, so this may be controversial" Chael cracks me up!
I didn't see that after the fight from Chael. Wish I would have. It doesn't surprise me. He's such a cool guy. He just seems to be a real stand-up guy. If you heard him at the post-fight conference he was just real frank and true.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
I didn't see that after the fight from Chael. Wish I would have. It doesn't surprise me. He's such a cool guy. He just seems to be a real stand-up guy. If you heard him at the post-fight conference he was just real frank and true.
It was in the post-fight scrum with Dana where he mentioned it. It was kinda similar to his comment after losing to Silva when he said that he came in second but the bad news was there were only two competing

I haven't always liked what he has said, but I love his passion for the sport. He does this merely for the love of the sport and you can tell. He got whooped last night, but he was respectful in defeat and he seems sincere when he praised Jon.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:

I would LOVE to see that fight, more than any other match-up. I'm really hoping it happens.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM

I think they should do a 195lb fight with the 185 and 205 belts on the line. That'd be AMAZING.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I think they should do a 195lb fight with the 185 and 205 belts on the line. That'd be AMAZING.
lol. This sounds funny because it wouldn't be in either weight class but still for each belt.

What would I like to see? Match at 205, LHW title on the line, and Anderson wins and becomes the first champion two hold two belts at the same time in the UFC and then he retires on top. I don't WANT him to retire but what a nice spot to retire.