Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah .. its called gay .. LOL
Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

From MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Fallon Fox, the transgender mixed martial arts fighter, has provided MMAFighting.com with a statement in response to Matt Mitrione's comments about her on Monday's episode of "The MMA Hour."

Quote:
Matt Mitrione went well beyond disagreeing with the medical experts who say I should be able to compete as a woman, and personally attacked me as a fighter, as a woman, and as a human being.

His comments do not reflect the spirit of our sport, where most competitors uphold values like respect and dignity.
For more on this story click here.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
since when have they not been pro gay ... they had a gay guy on tuf ..
Being Investor in People, doesnt make you "pro" anything. What will the UFC do if any of their vocal Christian Fighters speak up against homosexuality now?

This company is deplorable. It invents a "Code of Conduct" but doesnt tell us what that code of conduct contains...so how do we know they treat everyone fairly? If they even have made up a code of conduct...and its not just another case of making up the rules as you go along.

They sack some people for drug use...they give others, with appauling records like three losses in a row, yet another chance...whilst sacking people with LESS then three losses in a row, because they claim their rota is fit to bust....Well..I think thats bollox...and I'll tell you why...because I have made a close eye, and a note of all the bloody debutants in the UFC since they announced they were overstocked...They are STILL putting NEW FIGHTERS on Cards, Fighters who ARE NOT new acquizitions from Strikefore, Fighters who are NOT tallent for 155lbs and below, Fighters who are NOT female.

Its their behaviour that puts me off the sport itself. I care less and less about MMA and its nothing to do with the fighters, or the tallent level, or the fans...its due directly to the Executive of the UFC, who rule their company very unjustly indeed. Whose hypocritical ways know no bounds...and who use secrecy under the guise of some kinda completely false form of professionalism, to openly discriminate against good men.

Its really not rocket science. They need to produce rules and regulations, they need to make those rules and regulations public, and they need to apply those rules and regulations across everybody. Without that, there is not trust in the organisation, just a Despot and his Minions who are ruining the lives of people on a whim, and, quite frankly, not listening to the fans, not caring about fan opinion.

In this country, the UFC is starting to loose ground, and its because they act like immature children, rather then adult men. Its like a stupid soap opera. Its not hype, like we used to have when the mob had time to get excited for a fight...its just a load of smack talk, and usually a last moment injury...week in, week out. With Fighters who are akin to something out of King Henry VIIIs Court in terms of stability, and an Executive board which is so cloak and daggers, its tight grip on its own workings would make Oliver Cromwell blush, and make Puritism look completely transparent.

If these are not the sort of things that worry members of the Executive who might want to be a cause for betterment and change, what exactly are? I imagine they are far, far irrelevant, and at heart, these company men, are not challengers and open speakers, they are simply "Yes" men...whose fear of loosing favour makes them slaves....and trust me, I know what its like to keep silence because you dont want to loose out on something...but last week my personal circumstances changed and having finished playing a challenging role in the administration of this forum, I have moved on to doing a similar role with people just like those who run the UFC...people who think they are important, people who will tell nothing but lies, people who are hypocritical in their dealings with those subordinate to themselves, people who provide a service, and whose aim is to make money and the expense of everything else...and I see two types of company men. Those who are frightened to say what needs to be said, to fight their corner lest they fall from grace....

And those who deeply care about the state of play, but refuse to be intimidated, and who, through hard work and support of others, are now in positions where they can, will, and do present challenges to Executives, and will go on with their campaigns and lobbies indefinately

I have sat back and thought about which person I would rather be. Both are slave to higher masters, but only one has courage. It does not take courage to only do what you are told all the time. It takes courage to respectively challenge authority, whilst continuing loyalty of service. The reason I am safe is because everyone who knows me, knows that I will ultimately respect authority and do what I'm told, but in equal measure, I shall not hesitate to dare tell those in authority what I think of them when they go adrift.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 PM

He's a guy. When he gives birth, I'll agree that he's a woman.

As for the "freak show" comments, I wonder why most will be interested in seeing this fight? And all this publicity has just stoked that curiosity.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
He's a guy. When he gives birth, I'll agree that he's a woman.

As for the "freak show" comments, I wonder why most will be interested in seeing this fight? And all this publicity has just stoked that curiosity.
she has a kid ... just didn't give birth to the kid ... she had the kid as a he, now she's a a she, but i don't think she can have kids either as a she or a he ..
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Allons-y

UFC champ Ronda Rousey on Fallon Fox: 'She can chop her pecker off' but she still has a man's bone structure

From BloodyElbow.com:
Quote:
UFC women's Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey spoke to the New York Post about transgender WMMA fighter Fallon Fox and the controversial comments that got Matt Mitrionesuspended by the promotion.

"She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the same bone structure a man has," Rousey told The Post. "It's an advantage. I don't think it's fair."

"I understand the UFC doesn't want to be associated with views like (Mitrione's)," Rousey said. "I'm also glad they didn't straight cut him."

Rousey told the post she had competed against hermaphroditic athletes in Judo and had no problems because "that was something they didn't choose" but she feels Fox is in a different category because it's a situation of her own making.

"It's not something that happened to her," Rousey said. "It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that, it's going to be an arduous path. I don't know why she's surprised by that. It's going to draw a lot of emotions."

Rousey would prefer not to fight Fox, but she would if the UFC insisted.
"What if she became UFC champion and we had a transgender women's champion?" Rousey said. "It's a very socially difficult situation."

Rousey is set to coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter opposite the winner of Cat Zingano vs. Miesha Tate at this weekend's The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Allons-y

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta comments on Matt Mitrione's suspension over 'mean-spirited' tirade against Fallon Fox

From MMAMania.com:
Quote:
For someone who doesn't fight in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Fallon Fox sure does get a lot of attention from the ZUFFA brass.

That's courtesy of recently-suspended heavyweight Matt Mitrione, who earlier this week labeled the transgender fighter a "sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak," who he claims lied to the Florida state athletic commission for the opportunity to beat up women.

See his full comments here.

Naturally, "Meathead's" little tirade didn't go over well with UFC President Dana White (see his reaction here), and now UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta (via MMA Torch) is chiming in to explain why the promotion took this position:
Quote:
Whatever your thoughts are on the whole transgender issue, I've listened to [Mitrione's comments on 'MMA Hour'] and in my opinion, it came off as a bit mean-spirited, and is something I think warranted review. Obviously, this is not the easiest issue and a lot of people are questioning both sides of this thing. A fair debate and discussion of the issue should be allowed. But when you call her disgusting, and Buffalo Bill, that's another matter. It warrants review. I think it's the same thing the NFL would look at and the same thing that any professional organization that is at the level we're at would at least take a look at.
No word yet on how long that review period will last, or what the outcome might be.

In the wake of Meat-Gate (see Fox's reaction here), UFC officials released its official code of conduct (read it here), designed to keep fighters from straying too far off the path. As UFC Executive Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence Epstein explained, the UFC is not playing the role of police officer.

It just wants its fighters to do the right thing. Or, at the very least, to keep their traps shut when it comes to issues like this.

See who didn't get the memo here.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

They released the Code of Conduct

We are pleased

Fighters shall conduct themselves in accordance with commonly accepted standards of decency, social convention, and morals, and fighters will not commit any act or become involved in any situation or occurrence or make any statement which will reflect negatively upon or bring disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule or disdain to the fighter or the UFC

OOOO "Commonly accepted standards" that is...a tiny bit vague

Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person's ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation

Inappropriate physical, verbal and online behavior (such as inappropriate statements made via email, text messaging or social networks)

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the organization or promotion of a UFC event, including without limitation, failure to deliver, engage in or otherwise execute any and all promotional responsibilities, or failure to return in a timely manner the accurate and complete documents, or information for immigration, licensing, medical, tax or athletic commission purposes and

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC.

Wowser....I'm actually quite impressed...although, I think they may have issues with unpopular tattoos, and/or garments with symbols that some may find offensive, but not done deliberatley...I think the word "Intent" needs to be included somewhere

I shall try and see if I can find the rest of it, hopefully its now within the public domain, as its reported to also include a disciplinary policy which outlines sanctions for the failure to comply.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Meat-gate

*snickering*

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
They released the Code of Conduct

We are pleased

Fighters shall conduct themselves in accordance with commonly accepted standards of decency, social convention, and morals, and fighters will not commit any act or become involved in any situation or occurrence or make any statement which will reflect negatively upon or bring disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule or disdain to the fighter or the UFC

OOOO "Commonly accepted standards" that is...a tiny bit vague

Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person's ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation

Inappropriate physical, verbal and online behavior (such as inappropriate statements made via email, text messaging or social networks)

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the organization or promotion of a UFC event, including without limitation, failure to deliver, engage in or otherwise execute any and all promotional responsibilities, or failure to return in a timely manner the accurate and complete documents, or information for immigration, licensing, medical, tax or athletic commission purposes and

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC.

Wowser....I'm actually quite impressed...although, I think they may have issues with unpopular tattoos, and/or garments with symbols that some may find offensive, but not done deliberatley...I think the word "Intent" needs to be included somewhere

I shall try and see if I can find the rest of it, hopefully its now within the public domain, as its reported to also include a disciplinary policy which outlines sanctions for the failure to comply.
There is an article on Mitrione's issue that has the entire code of conduct. Here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uf...053651223.html