Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Hailey's Dad

Oh My God people are stupid!

Except that last Asian dude. He's awesome!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky8_CZ4Y5Sg

A Beautiful Rendition of the track "You'll never walk alone" which is also, believe it or not, the anthem of the Liverpool football club its one of several songs which have been turned into chants and is sung en masse by crowds attending the games
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

American Psycho/Star Wars mash-up
Ultimate Wake-Up Pranks
Taylor Swift/Star Trek mash-up

Meet Alexei "The Punisher" Volkov, a Russian bus driver who has become a local celebrity in the city of Zelenograd for ramming rude drivers who cut him off in traffic. Equipped with a dashboard camera, Volkov says he wants to gradually improve people's driving etiquette by documenting each collision and posting the footage online. Volkov claims his employer approves of his actions, as the bus typically only receives minor damages from the impacts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1qc...layer_embedded
Old 03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Allons-y

Larry King on Being Seduced
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Whenever I hear this music it reminds me of my Mother, because once when we were having a laugh she did a vocalization to this piece, as its often performed as an aria anyway...this particular rendition is special though because when I was really small we used to have a piano, nothing as big as the one in the video....but my Mother was like a grade 8 on it when she was young. She would play the piano before and after our evening meal when I was very small. The Piano went when we moved from Lincoln to Harrogate at the tern of the last century though...in many ways I miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIFR6J1ylA
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVlBz4knN44

Its the Moment during the Easter Vigil at Saint Peters Basilica when the Ressurection itself is celebrated via tintinnabulum. See...between Good Friday and Easter Sunday, the Church does not celebrate communion because Historically speaking, Christ is dead, and hasnt yet risen. Easter Sunday begins with an all night candle lit vigil (we used to do this in Saint Pauls Cathedral, so it isnt specifically Catholic) The Vigil Ends at Sunrise on the Sunday Morning

Up until that point the Communion Services begin...but stop, abruptled between the Peace and The Gloria.

Obviously, the Easter Vigil is timed so that the Gloria is supposed to begin at Sunrise, The Ressurection happens, and Mass can continue. But their use of a Tintinnabulum made me jump when I first watched this...I wondered if someone had just set off a fire alarm.

Despite the Latin, Tintinnabulum were all over Eastern Asia long before the Romans. Usually a fixed bell at the entrance to a Shrine, or a City. The idea is that its situated as a look out, and makes a noise for the arrival of someone important, or in the case of impending danger. Most Tintinnabulum are built into Churches, and far from being a sign to the people inside the building, are actually more often used as a method of calling people to the building.

There is a magnificent scene in the disastor movie 2012...when a tidal wave roars through china, and the Monk at the monestry high up in the mountains pulls back a huge bit of wood to strike a single free standing bell, and gets washed away
Old 04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Allons-y

Star Wars Adjectives
LEGO Paper Airplanes
Cutest Hard Rocker EVER
Parking FAILS
Old 04-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW9Uudkx42g

I love what they've done with the editing. Clips of the Monarch during during her Coronation, and Celebrations of Silver, Gold, and Diamond Jubilees...along with flashes of the timeline of Coronations throughout the ages...and the rather odd, tolling bell of Westminster Abbey
Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvwFsfrjy0

O Lord Our Heavenly Father, High and Mighty, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, The only Ruller of Princes, Who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers upon the Earth. Most Heartily we beeseech thee with thy favour to behold Our Most Gracious, Soverign Lady, Queen Elizabeth, and so replenish her with the grace of Thy Holy Spirit, that she may alway incline to thy will, and walk in thy way. Endue her pleanteously with Heavenly Gifts, Grant her in health and wealth, long to live, strengthen her that she may vanquish and overcome all her enemies, and finally, after this life, she may attain everlasting joy and felicity, Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord.