Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Fear not...neither will they

funny .. considering he has done more for israels security than any other recent president, we talked about this already, but you must have forgotten ... say what you want, but when the defense minister of israel is saying that barack has done a lot, you still don't take his word for it .. LOL ... cuz you no more right?

the man wants peace ... he thinks that israel needs to make some concessions .. i don't know the whole story .. i think palestine needs to make some as well ... as a people, when you believe in the destruction of another nation as your goal, you are not going to have many people on your side ... still, there still needs to be attempts at peace instead of just giving up and saying there will never be peace ...
Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Fear not...neither will they
I'm sure they know to take anything he says with a grain of salt...a big grain! Actions always speaker louder than words and Obama's actions these last four years have spoken volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

funny .. considering he has done more for israels security than any other recent president, we talked about this already, but you must have forgotten ... say what you want, but when the defense minister of israel is saying that barack has done a lot, you still don't take his word for it .. LOL ... cuz you no more right?
Are you allowed to smoke pot in Canada? J/K I must have missed you and Dave's previous discussion on what all Obama has done for Israel's security...could you enlighten me please. And I'd like to make note that Obama just made his very first visit to Israel...now.

Quote:
the man wants peace ... he thinks that israel needs to make some concessions .. i don't know the whole story .. i think palestine needs to make some as well ... as a people, when you believe in the destruction of another nation as your goal, you are not going to have many people on your side ... still, there still needs to be attempts at peace instead of just giving up and saying there will never be peace ...
What the man wants is to make what he thinks is a "level and fair" playing field for all those who he feels have been wronged by the U.S. and Israel. When he made that apology tour in '09 after his first election, what he said on that tour is how he REALLY feels and thinks. When he came out in 2011 backing a Palestine state with pre-1967 borders as a peace solution, he was telling Israel, along with the rest of the Middle East, exactly what he thinks of them and how much he cares about Israel's security.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

The reason there is no peace is because Israel did not do what it was told when the Exodus from Egypt was concluded.

When Israelite Tribes arrived in the land, they were told to basically remove the populas. They were told NOT to mingle with the local inhabitants, they were told NOT to interbreed with the local inhabitants. GOD gave the land over to the Israelites...a land that was FAR from vacant at the time...but thats not the point. The point is GOD wants Israel to have the land and not the Palestinians or any natives of that land...unless of course they can trace their roots to the land BEFORE Joseph took Israel INTO Egypt I suppose.

GOD pretty much ordered Israel to do what the Spanish did to the Meso-American Cultures. Think about how native South Americans for so long have been speaking European Languages, that they actually believe Portuguese and Spanish are as native as they are. The native tongues of those lands are not spoken by the people. I very much doubt people like Anderson Silva can even speak his countries REAL native language. The eradication of the culture has left no rival demands for the land. A dead populas has no further claim.

But Israel ignored GOD, lived alongside the natives, married into the natives...and now there is great despute as to who owns the land....there never will be a lasting peace because the natives believe as they were their first it belongs to them, and everyone else knows that GODs wants over-ride that and thus it belongs to who He wants it to belong to. The irony is that when the Israelis returned to that land from being scattered, they were willing to share the land yet again. Palestine wouldnt settle for sharing, neither would its arab neighbours...and now they relentlessly attack Israel, and wonder why she gets frustrated!

Having said that...You dont want their to be peace in Israel...because of what that actually means. There will come a time when Peace reigns in Israel, and the broker of that peace will be Lucifer. When Israel is at peace outside of the millenial reign be afraid. be VERY afraid.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
considering he has done more for israels security than any other recent president...
Really? Such as? And I'm not being snarky, I'd really like to know ;-)

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Really? Such as? And I'm not being snarky, I'd really like to know ;-)
this is an article from a while back and is an interview with Ehud barack, at the time, he was the defence minister of Israel .. people can say what they want, but I think I will take the word of the defence minister of Israel over pretty much anyone ... he has no reason whatsoever to just say this
Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration

Posted by
CNN's Dana Davidsen

(CNN) – Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said the Obama White House has been the most supportive administration throughout the two countries' diplomatic relations on matters of Israeli security, in an interview to air Monday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

Barak -also a former prime minister of Israel - said that though historically administrations from both political parties have supported the Jewish state President Obama's support, security-wise, is unparalleled.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I think that from my point of view as defense minister they are extremely good, extremely deep and profound. I can see long years, um, administrations of both sides of political aisle deeply supporting the state of Israeli and I believe that reflects a profound feeling among the American people," said Barak. "But I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing in regard to our security more than anything that I can remember in the past."

Asked by Blitzer if the president has been more supportive than previous administrations' Barak said, "In terms of the support for our security, the cooperation of our intelligence, the sharing of sorts in a very open way even when there are differences which are not simple sometimes, I've found their support for our defense very stable."
Pressed if the Obama administration has been the most supportive ever, throughout history of U.S.-Israeli relations, Barak affirmed, saying that from his recollection of President Carter forward - "the defense relation between Israel and the United States are extremely stable and good."

Barak continued, "It doesn't mean that we agree on everything, it's very well known that differences between our government and the American administration about peace process about other issues, but I believe that in regard to world turmoil, in regard to Hezbollah, in regard to what happens in Syria, in regard to Iran, we basically – basically agree on the diagnosis. We don't agree on the prognosis on some of the issues."

Barak's comments come as presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney departs the country as part of a three-country tour that took him from London to Israel and now Poland as he campaigns for the presidency on foreign soil.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...dministration/
Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 AM

Your own quotes show you are mistaken! First of all, Ehud Barak is a left wing politician. Like Jimmy Carter, do you believe all his pronouncements? Second, he was pressed twice by Wolfy to iterate clearly that Obama has been the most supportive and he would not do so! Show me where the current PM, Netanyahu, said this is the most supportive administration and I will agree with you.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 AM

Here's a few more stats to back me up. A recent Politico article (a left-leaning blog) said this:

Quote:
President Obama has said he wants to speak directly with the Israeli people and reinforce his support for Israel during his trip there next week.

He may have some serious talking to do. A new poll of Israelis conducted by Maagar Mohot Institute and Israeli daily Maariv found that 38 percent believe he is hostile to Israel and 14 percent believe he is indifferent. Only a third think he is supportive.

In addition, Obama is facing steep unfavorable ratings in the country, the poll found. Some 32 percent said they don't like him but respect him, 19 percent view him unfavorably and 17 percent have a highly unfavorable opinion of him.

Perhaps the most daunting number for Obama in the poll: Only 10 percent view him favorably.
Do you honestly think that - with a 10% favorable rating amongst Israelis - Obama is the "most supportive administration" in history? Please.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 AM

C'mon, RNC, where are you? Do you have a life or something? I thought you'd be back by now so we can continue the debate...

Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Your own quotes show you are mistaken! First of all, Ehud Barak is a left wing politician. Like Jimmy Carter, do you believe all his pronouncements? Second, he was pressed twice by Wolfy to iterate clearly that Obama has been the most supportive and he would not do so! Show me where the current PM, Netanyahu, said this is the most supportive administration and I will agree with you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nd-itself.html

I know you guys love to debate, but there is real no sense .. you hate Obama .... here is Netanyahu praising Obama, but I am sure you will find something in here where you think he really didn't mean what he said ... LOL ...
Old 03-28-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nd-itself.html

I know you guys love to debate, but there is real no sense .. you hate Obama .... here is Netanyahu praising Obama, but I am sure you will find something in here where you think he really didn't mean what he said ... LOL ...
Here is Netanyahu's quote:

Quote:
Netanyahu said that Obama has supported Israel’s right to defend itself ‘more than any other president’, clearly putting pressure on the American leader to uphold that view in the face of any possible problems that arise with the Iranian development of nuclear weapons.
OK, now I will concede this; he says Obama "supports" Israel's right to defend herself more than any other admin but that is absolutely not the same as saying he has done more for Israel's security. In other words, he's paid a lot of lip service to "having Israel's back" - as he enjoys saying - but we'll see what happens when he has to walk the talk (see bolded).

I don't hate Pres. Obama. I have no faith in his presidential capabilities, zero regard for him personally, I think he's a serial untruth-teller and our visions for the country are polar opposites. I think he's incompetent, thin-skinned and incapable of taking responsibility for anything except the killing of UBL (snort) and the GM bailout. I'm sick of hearing his phony "preacher" accent when doing a campaign-style photo op and fed up with his divisive rhetoric. I'm tired of seeing his face plastered everywhere, including under the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary. But I don't hate him. On the contrary, he appears to be a good husband and father. He's a good golfer. He enjoys singing. He does an excellent job with TOTUS as well.