Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yawn yet another GSP Hate Thread

Somethings never change

You can call him boring, predictable whatever but as long as he keeps winning.
I would LOVE for GSP to give us something else to talk about.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yawn yet another GSP Hate Thread

Somethings never change

You can call him boring, predictable whatever but as long as he keeps winning.
Yawn, another GSP apologist who never even bothers to read any criticism of Georges and just automatically classifies anything short of mindless worship as hatred.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I would LOVE for GSP to give us something else to talk about.

Exactly!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
I really did not mean it to be a hate thread. This is the first time that I've really posted on GSP. I just did not understand that if the UFC says that more fans need to understand technique (this would suggest that there aren't enough or a lot of these fans) then how is GSP such a big draw? He has tons of fans and is a big PPV draw. This would suggest that there are a lot of technical fans out there and I just do not think that is the case. I think he does what he does very well though. I'm just not a fan of it. But I'm not going to rag on him as a person.
i think gsp is a big draw because he wins ... people go to see a miami heat game not to see a nail biter, but to see dominance start to finish ... if i am a heat fan, i could care less if i know the game is a foregone conclusion half way through the 3rd quarter ... i just wanna see them win ... same with the new england patriots ... people know exactly what they are going to do ... now if welker could have just held onto a couple passes ... LOL ..

i love watching technical fights ... so i watch gsp fights even though i know whats going to happen ... most of the people are there to watch him win ... the rest probably are waiting for him to lose ..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 PM

I don't care if he wins or loses. I would like to see something he can do other than hold someone down and punch them. If he had finished Diaz, whom I wanted to win, I would have clapped and praised the effort GSP put forth to finish a fight. He hasn't actually tried to finish an opponent in four years.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I havent watched a GSP fight in...well...maybe two or three years.

I dont need to watch to know EXACTLY what will happen.

Georges will take the person down, and pretty much do nothing, he wont submit them, he wont knock them out, He wont attempt to finish, he will play as safe as possible with his skills that will be enough for him to be unthreatened

...five rounds later he will be declared a "winner"

Its boring, its retarded, and I havent the time to spend twenty-five mins watching him do the same few martial arts moves over and over again.

One day he will fail maybe...then I will watch
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I havent watched a GSP fight in...well...maybe two or three years.

I dont need to watch to know EXACTLY what will happen.

Georges will take the person down, and pretty much do nothing, he wont submit them, he wont knock them out, He wont attempt to finish, he will play as safe as possible with his skills that will be enough for him to be unthreatened

...five rounds later he will be declared a "winner"

Its boring, its retarded, and I havent the time to spend twenty-five mins watching him do the same few martial arts moves over and over again.

One day he will fail maybe...then I will watch
same can be said about your weekly video blogs!!!!!! kidding kidding KIDDING! .. big fan of the blogs .. .keep posting em!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
same can be said about your weekly video blogs!!!!!! kidding kidding KIDDING! .. big fan of the blogs .. .keep posting em!
I dont charge you money to watch my Video Blogs...and they would be very different if they were representative of my employment.I do my blogs for shytes and giggles...not for money. If I was paid to do them, and others were paid to watch them, they wouldnt be mere ramblings.

If I was GSP i'd be embarissed by the fact that threads like this have popped up on forums throughout his reign. Its a really legacy distroyer, and a great shame.

He has got to the stage, where he wins, and absolutely noone cares whatsoever.

Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are way ahead of him on that level....largely the only reason for Anderson is, that whilst he went through a spell of playing silly beggers, even when he was, he would actually use his skills to finish someone.

Sure you can criticise him for being a counterstriker...but he does a damn sight more then the french canadian, it has to be said.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I dont charge you money to watch my Video Blogs...and they would be very different if they were representative of my employment.I do my blogs for shytes and giggles...not for money. If I was paid to do them, and others were paid to watch them, they wouldnt be mere ramblings.

If I was GSP i'd be embarissed by the fact that threads like this have popped up on forums throughout his reign. Its a really legacy distroyer, and a great shame.

He has got to the stage, where he wins, and absolutely noone cares whatsoever.

Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are way ahead of him on that level....largely the only reason for Anderson is, that whilst he went through a spell of playing silly beggers, even when he was, he would actually use his skills to finish someone.

Sure you can criticise him for being a counterstriker...but he does a damn sight more then the french canadian, it has to be said.
I think RNC touched a nerve...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think RNC touched a nerve...
Its just a silly comparison

I dont get paid to produce video blogs...neither do I ask any money from those who watch them...neither is it my employment.

I dont mind if people hate them, or dont watch them, that doesnt bother me.

Whereas GSP gets paid a shed load to put on entertaining fights, that is paid for, indirectly, by the viewer who pays his employer to view the entertaining fights...and its his main form of employment.

And he should care what people think, coz if they dont like him, his lifes work turns to shyte.

Whereas if people dont like my video blogs...well thats hardly my life and career down the toilet is it