Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

lets face it, theres really nothing left but silva v. st pierre, if it goes on much longer it is losing it's glow

silva v weidman is lame, i hope weidman gets hurt and gsp fills in
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Two questions:

1) How did Johny hurt his left hand, does anyone know?

2) I heard one of the fighter's corner telling him they wanted to see him bring his elbow to his knee...what does that mean?
I missed where Johnny hurt his hand but I think his corner was telling him to elbow Carlos when he threw the knee? Maybe I'm all wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Like you, I think Nick and his brother are punks. They have talent, no doubt about that but they are so unlikable and I hate the smack talk and taunting. I don't want to offend my Canadian friends but I really wanted to see GSP TKO or submit him. I admire Georges ground skills but I was bored by the 4th round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
lets face it, theres really nothing left but silva v. st pierre
Yes, I'd love to see Bigfoot vs. GSP!



__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Two questions:

1) How did Johny hurt his left hand, does anyone know?

2) I heard one of the fighter's corner telling him they wanted to see him bring his elbow to his knee...what does that mean?
1) It was towards the beginning of round 2. I don't remember the exact exchange preceding it, but they were throwing back & forth. When the ybroke apart, Johnny looked down at his hand & shook it out. I remember saying to my co-workers "Crap you think he broke it?" Then he kept hammering it into Condit's face & we were like "O, guess not!"

2) To properly shield a kick, you're supposed to lift your leg up to a 90 degree angle & connect your elbow to your knee, making a solid wall to protect yourself. That way, whether it's a kick to the legs, body or head, you're covered. That being said, you should bring your knee to your elbow, not your elbow to you knee. If you do it the latter way, you're going to be dropping your hands & leaving your dome exposed.

What else you got, I'm waiting at my gate with time to kill!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Irish Pride's Avatar
Irish Pride Irish Pride is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I missed where Johnny hurt his hand but I think his corner was telling him to elbow Carlos when he threw the knee? Maybe I'm all wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Like you, I think Nick and his brother are punks. They have talent, no doubt about that but they are so unlikable and I hate the smack talk and taunting. I don't want to offend my Canadian friends but I really wanted to see GSP TKO or submit him. I admire Georges ground skills but I was bored by the 4th round.



Yes, I'd love to see Bigfoot vs. GSP!



edit making new thread
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
1) It was towards the beginning of round 2. I don't remember the exact exchange preceding it, but they were throwing back & forth. When the ybroke apart, Johnny looked down at his hand & shook it out. I remember saying to my co-workers "Crap you think he broke it?" Then he kept hammering it into Condit's face & we were like "O, guess not!"

2) To properly shield a kick, you're supposed to lift your leg up to a 90 degree angle & connect your elbow to your knee, making a solid wall to protect yourself. That way, whether it's a kick to the legs, body or head, you're covered. That being said, you should bring your knee to your elbow, not your elbow to you knee. If you do it the latter way, you're going to be dropping your hands & leaving your dome exposed.

What else you got, I'm waiting at my gate with time to kill!!
That makes a lot more sense than what I thought they meant, TY Ben.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That makes a lot more sense than what I thought they meant, TY Ben.
That's what I'm here for!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.