Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 AM

lets face it, theres really nothing left but silva v. st pierre, if it goes on much longer it is losing it's glow

silva v weidman is lame, i hope weidman gets hurt and gsp fills in
Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Two questions:

1) How did Johny hurt his left hand, does anyone know?

2) I heard one of the fighter's corner telling him they wanted to see him bring his elbow to his knee...what does that mean?
I missed where Johnny hurt his hand but I think his corner was telling him to elbow Carlos when he threw the knee? Maybe I'm all wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Like you, I think Nick and his brother are punks. They have talent, no doubt about that but they are so unlikable and I hate the smack talk and taunting. I don't want to offend my Canadian friends but I really wanted to see GSP TKO or submit him. I admire Georges ground skills but I was bored by the 4th round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
lets face it, theres really nothing left but silva v. st pierre
Yes, I'd love to see Bigfoot vs. GSP!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Two questions:

1) How did Johny hurt his left hand, does anyone know?

2) I heard one of the fighter's corner telling him they wanted to see him bring his elbow to his knee...what does that mean?
1) It was towards the beginning of round 2. I don't remember the exact exchange preceding it, but they were throwing back & forth. When the ybroke apart, Johnny looked down at his hand & shook it out. I remember saying to my co-workers "Crap you think he broke it?" Then he kept hammering it into Condit's face & we were like "O, guess not!"

2) To properly shield a kick, you're supposed to lift your leg up to a 90 degree angle & connect your elbow to your knee, making a solid wall to protect yourself. That way, whether it's a kick to the legs, body or head, you're covered. That being said, you should bring your knee to your elbow, not your elbow to you knee. If you do it the latter way, you're going to be dropping your hands & leaving your dome exposed.

What else you got, I'm waiting at my gate with time to kill!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I missed where Johnny hurt his hand but I think his corner was telling him to elbow Carlos when he threw the knee? Maybe I'm all wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Like you, I think Nick and his brother are punks. They have talent, no doubt about that but they are so unlikable and I hate the smack talk and taunting. I don't want to offend my Canadian friends but I really wanted to see GSP TKO or submit him. I admire Georges ground skills but I was bored by the 4th round.

Yes, I'd love to see Bigfoot vs. GSP!

edit making new thread
Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
1) It was towards the beginning of round 2. I don't remember the exact exchange preceding it, but they were throwing back & forth. When the ybroke apart, Johnny looked down at his hand & shook it out. I remember saying to my co-workers "Crap you think he broke it?" Then he kept hammering it into Condit's face & we were like "O, guess not!"

2) To properly shield a kick, you're supposed to lift your leg up to a 90 degree angle & connect your elbow to your knee, making a solid wall to protect yourself. That way, whether it's a kick to the legs, body or head, you're covered. That being said, you should bring your knee to your elbow, not your elbow to you knee. If you do it the latter way, you're going to be dropping your hands & leaving your dome exposed.

What else you got, I'm waiting at my gate with time to kill!!
That makes a lot more sense than what I thought they meant, TY Ben.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That makes a lot more sense than what I thought they meant, TY Ben.
That's what I'm here for!