Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
thought voekler won that fight ....
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
:

Yeah, not very exciting but I'm glad freak boy lost
Freak boy. A little spray tan might help.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Nick Ring vs. Chris Camozzi

Round 1:
Marc Andre-Cote is the referee for this battle of southpaws. Both guys darting in and throwing combos early. Ring dropping his hands curiously low in the early going. Camozzi connects on an overhand left and pursues Ring, who scampers to safety. Camozzi pops Ring with a right and follows with a left. Both guys go for front kicks at the same time, neither really landing. Camozzi again connects with the overhand left, leading to a brief scrum along the fence. Ring continuing to fight hands down, jaw forward. One minute left. Ring connects on a solid leg kick. Camozzi with a combo and Ring a knee as the round ends.

Round 2:
The fighters trade leg kicks early. Ring connects on a left to the jaw. Ring's making better use of his speed this round, darting in and out and landing. Camozzi, though, lands a knee and tries to work for a guillotine, but Ring escapes and we're back out to the middle. Camozzi has a bloody nose, Ring is cut under his right eye. Ring connecting on his strikes and getting out of range. Crowd is not thrilled with the fight.

Round 3:
Surprise surprise, round three is going the same as the first two. But wait ... Camozzi clinches Ring from behind and presses him against the cage. Camozzi lands a pair of knees, but Ring escapes and gets to center Octagon. Camozzi's connecting more this round as Ring isn't moving as fast as he was. Ring shoots for a single, but Camozzi grabs him in a headlock. Final minute. Camozzi lands a left. There's little behind Ring's punches. Camozzi throws more late. Fight comes to a merciful conclusion.

Chris Camozzi def. Nick Ring via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).
I don't agree with this decision; I thought Nick won the first two rounds, Camozzi won the last one.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 AM

It just struck me that Nate's back. He looks so different without hair! I must have missed where Dana forgave him and brought him back into the circle of trust.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:
It just struck me that Nate's back. He looks so different without hair! I must have missed where Dana forgave him and brought him back into the circle of trust.
Well, he just lost, dangit! It kind of looked like Ellenberger was hitting him on the back of the head when he was on the ground at the end(?).
Old 03-17-2013, 03:23 AM

Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt

Round 1:
Marquardt is throwing leg kicks early. He lands one and slips, but gets back to his feet. Marquardt rocks Ellenberger backwards with a punch and chases after him, but Ellenberger escapes. Elenberger lands a pair of big right hands, one of which opens a cut under Marquardt's left eye. Ellenberger connects on a big left and a right, swarms the downed Marquardt, Marquardt goes out, and that's it. Marquardt, who appears to his his lip cut open, protests, but there was no doubt that's a good stoppage.

Jake Ellenberger def. Nate Marquardt via 3:00 at knockout of round one.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I don't agree with this decision; I thought Nick won the first two rounds, Camozzi won the last one.
Agreed.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 AM

Quote:

Round 1:
Marquardt is throwing leg kicks early. He lands one and slips, but gets back to his feet. Marquardt rocks Ellenberger backwards with a punch and chases after him, but Ellenberger escapes. Elenberger lands a pair of big right hands, one of which opens a cut under Marquardt's left eye. Ellenberger connects on a big left and a right, swarms the downed Marquardt, Marquardt goes out, and that's it. Marquardt, who appears to his his lip cut open, protests, but there was no doubt that's a good stoppage.

I just went and checked my predictions. I correctly predicted a KO, I just picked the wrong fighter!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

Round 1:

Dana's gotta be happy about this one!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Freak boy. A little spray tan might help.
Ya think?

When I see a guy who has to use all those hooks to define himself, I just want to see him get his a$$ kicked. Like that commercial for the energy drink.

Last edited by flo; 03-17-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Agreed.

Are you at this fight, Ben?