Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Er, it's right ^^^^.

Hey kid, you may need glasses!

tee hee, just kidding...
I can't be bothered to READ! I'm big time, now!

Btw, that is the creepiest cartoon I've ever seen!!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I can't be bothered to READ! I'm big time, now!

Btw, that is the creepiest cartoon I've ever seen!!
I can say I knew you when!

That's Gahan Wilson, one of the best and creepiest cartoonists ever. I'm probably the only one on the forums old enough to remember him.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 03-17-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 AM

John Makdessi vs. Daron Cruickshank

Round 1:
Referee Marc Goddard oversees this opening bout on FX. Measured start so far. Both fighters gauging distance. The crowd already getting a bit restless. The boos come down harder, Cruickshank opens with a Jon Jones-style oblique kick. Cruickshank pumps his jab and circles. The Montreal boo-birds are out in full force now. Cruickshank fakes high then low. Quick series of jabs snaps Makdessi's head back. Cruickshank blocks a head kick and answers with his own. Makdessi stops Cruickshank in his tracks with a right hook. Wayward kicks grazes Cruickshank's groin. After a brief stop in the action, we're back. Switch kick misses for Makdessi. Cruickshank powers in for a double but can't get it. Makdessi eats an elbow. Makdessi dodges a high kick and fires back. Slow round, but it heated up a bit there in the end.

Round 2:
Makdessi wades in with a left hand. Head kick sneaks through for Cruickshank. Side kick connects on the midsection of Makdessi, who answers with a solid leg kick. Cruickshank pressure forward with a combination. Left hand from Makdessi cracks Cruickshank. Spinning back kick from Makdessi. Cruickshank changes levels but Makdessi shakes him off. Makdessi eats a double jab and fires back. Makdessi pumps his own jab. Ax kick misses from Makdessi. Cruickshank does the same. Huge head kick, side kick combination connects for Cruickshank. Makdessi immediately responds with a flurry. Wild exchange closes out the round.

Round 3:
Makdessi turns up the pace to start the final frame. Cruickshank counters with a straight right down the pipe. Makdessi catches a kick and throws Cruickshank to the mat, only to let him back up. Makdessi starting to find his range. Cruickshank launches a wild wheel kick. Makdessi shakes off another telegraphed takedown attempt. Cruickshank eats a jab and counters. Makdessi sprawls away from a level change then allow Cruickshank to stand. Makdessi pressures forward. Spinning back kick to the body nails Cruickshank. Makdessi misses a spinning backfist, follows with a jab, and suffers a pretty significant eyepoke in the process. Goddard warns Cruickshank. Makdessi comes out like a man on fire, landing his jab at will. Cruickshank misses a pair of wheel kicks. Makdessi turning up the heat, picking Cruickshank apart. MMA

John Makdessi def. Daron Cruickshank via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Er, it's right ^^^^.

Hey kid, you may need glasses!

tee hee, just kidding...
Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 AM

great debut for mein ... knew he would win, but when I saw the size difference I thought dan was gonna run through him ...
Old 03-17-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
John Makdessi vs. Daron Cruickshank

Round 1:
Referee Marc Goddard oversees this opening bout on FX. Measured start so far. Both fighters gauging distance. The crowd already getting a bit restless. The boos come down harder, Cruickshank opens with a Jon Jones-style oblique kick. Cruickshank pumps his jab and circles. The Montreal boo-birds are out in full force now. Cruickshank fakes high then low. Quick series of jabs snaps Makdessi's head back. Cruickshank blocks a head kick and answers with his own. Makdessi stops Cruickshank in his tracks with a right hook. Wayward kicks grazes Cruickshank's groin. After a brief stop in the action, we're back. Switch kick misses for Makdessi. Cruickshank powers in for a double but can't get it. Makdessi eats an elbow. Makdessi dodges a high kick and fires back. Slow round, but it heated up a bit there in the end.

Round 2:
Makdessi wades in with a left hand. Head kick sneaks through for Cruickshank. Side kick connects on the midsection of Makdessi, who answers with a solid leg kick. Cruickshank pressure forward with a combination. Left hand from Makdessi cracks Cruickshank. Spinning back kick from Makdessi. Cruickshank changes levels but Makdessi shakes him off. Makdessi eats a double jab and fires back. Makdessi pumps his own jab. Ax kick misses from Makdessi. Cruickshank does the same. Huge head kick, side kick combination connects for Cruickshank. Makdessi immediately responds with a flurry. Wild exchange closes out the round.

Round 3:
Makdessi turns up the pace to start the final frame. Cruickshank counters with a straight right down the pipe. Makdessi catches a kick and throws Cruickshank to the mat, only to let him back up. Makdessi starting to find his range. Cruickshank launches a wild wheel kick. Makdessi shakes off another telegraphed takedown attempt. Cruickshank eats a jab and counters. Makdessi sprawls away from a level change then allow Cruickshank to stand. Makdessi pressures forward. Spinning back kick to the body nails Cruickshank. Makdessi misses a spinning backfist, follows with a jab, and suffers a pretty significant eyepoke in the process. Goddard warns Cruickshank. Makdessi comes out like a man on fire, landing his jab at will. Cruickshank misses a pair of wheel kicks. Makdessi turning up the heat, picking Cruickshank apart. MMA

John Makdessi def. Daron Cruickshank via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
That eye poke by Cruickshank looked deliberate to me. What'd y'all think? Glad Makdessi won.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:55 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
great debut for mein ... knew he would win, but when I saw the size difference I thought dan was gonna run through him ...
How slick was that armbar escape?

Yeah, really impressive debut. Very cool stuff from him, showed a lot of wisdom for his age.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:05 AM

Dan Miller vs. Jordan Mein

Round 1:
Marc-Andre Cote is our referee for this welterweight bout. Miller backs up Mein early with a series of jabs. Mein, making his UFC debut, stays calm and tosses out a straight left. Miller ducks under a right hook then powers Mein to the canvas. Miller looks to pass to half guard, then switches it up, steps over, and locks in a slick armbar. What a transition. Good defense from Mein, who steps over and slowly works his way out. Crazy start to the fight. We're back standing, and Miller staggers Mein with a right. Mein steps into a standing elbow. Body kick cracks into Mein's midsection. Mein paws out his jab, then fires a right hand down the pipe. Huge left hand floors Miller. Mein lets him back up, then cracks him with a looping right. Miller eats a jab, and another one. Right hand from Mein crumbles Miller. Mein unloads everything he's got. Miller in a fetal postion eating shot after shot. And that's all she wrote. Impressive showing by Mein.

Jordan Mein def. Dan Miller via knockout (strikes) 4:42 at round 1.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
great debut for mein ...
I thought so too, he's very impressive! Nice escape from that arm bar.

Good to see you, Bonnie!!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
How slick was that armbar escape?

Yeah, really impressive debut. Very cool stuff from him, showed a lot of wisdom for his age.
are you in montreal? sweet ... good city .... European feel ... get out to schwartz' for some montreal smoked meat and get some poutine too ..