Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-16-2013, 10:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default UFC 158 ***SPOILERS*** Thread

I can't post the spoilers myself since I'm working the event tonight, but I thought I'd help out by starting this for Cathy.

Also, I'm tracking the stats for fighters from the blue corner tonight, so anytime you see blue numbers on the bottom of your screen, that's me!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I can't post the spoilers myself since I'm working the event tonight, but I thought I'd help out by starting this for Cathy.

Also, I'm tracking the stats for fighters from the blue corner tonight, so anytime you see blue numbers on the bottom of your screen, that's me!!
Thanks, Ben! I'm a little late, sorry!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM

George Roop vs. Reuben Durvan

Round 1:
Phillippe Chartier is our referee. Roop tosses out a front kick. Head kick lands for Roop. Duran pushes back with a flurry. Another head kick from Roop. One-two from Duran staggers Roop. Duran catches a leg and barely misses an overhand hand. Duran changes levels and gets the double. Roop staying active from the bottom. Roop tries to shrimp out and fails, but connects with a few elbows in the process. Duran unable to mount any offense so far. More elbows from the bottom by Roop. Duran steps over into half guard.

Round 2:
Duran latches onto a single and walks it towards the cage. Roop defends, then spins out and takes Duran's back. Roop sits down and sinks in one of his hooks. Roop slithers his right arm across Duran's chin. Duran stands and escapes. Roop clinches Duran against the fence. Back to the center of the cage, and Duran quickly muscles Roop to the mat. Duran working inside Roop's guard. Roop with a flurry of elbows from the bottom. Duran again unable to mount any offense. Roop stands. Duran working dirty boxing against the fence as the horn sounds.

Round 3:
Duran latches onto a single and walks it towards the cage. Roop defends, then spins out and takes Duran's back. Roop sits down and sinks in one of his hooks. Roop slithers his right arm across Duran's chin. Duran stands and escapes. Roop clinches Duran against the fence. Back to the center of the cage, and Duran quickly muscles Roop to the mat. Duran working inside Roop's guard. Roop with a flurry of elbows from the bottom. Duran again unable to mount any offense. Roop stands. Duran working dirty boxing against the fence as the horn sounds.

George Roop def. Reuben Duran via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).

*courtesy of mmafighting.com*

Quote:
anytime you see blue numbers on the bottom of your screen, that's me!!
Awesome!

Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks, Ben! I'm a little late, sorry!
How dare you? You are a disgrace to this establishment!!

Or maybe you just have an outside life.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Whooo! That was some slick technique out of TJ! Very impressive.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
How dare you? You are a disgrace to this establishment!!

Or maybe you just have an outside life.
hee hee

Actually, we were supposed to go out of town for the afternoon but my better half came down with a migraine.

Great KO by Dillashaw!

Old 03-16-2013, 11:19 PM

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Issei Tamura

Round 1:
Referee Yves Lavigne is the man in charge. Inside leg kick connects for Tamura. Dillashaw looking for his range, grazes Tamura with a right. Tamura finds a home for counter straight right. Dillashaw feigns a shot, then changes levels and powers Tamura down. Tamura slowly works back to his feet. Dillashaw latches onto a single and drags Tamura down. Tamura immediately stands. Dillashaw giving Tamura no space against the cage. Again Tamura jumps right back to his feet after being dragged down. Dillashaw working short right hooks to the body. The crowd lustily boos and Lavigne splits the fighters. Head kick misses for Dillashaw. Dillashaw fakes low then barely misses with a high kick. Dillashaw stalks forward, winging punches but nothing lands.

Round 2:
Tamura keeping his hands low. Dillashaw fakes a right then floors him with a left high kick! Tamura crumbles. Dillashaw pounces, unloading a salvo of right hands. Lavigne rushes in to save Tamura. Wow.

T.J. Dillashaw def. Issei Tamura via knockout (head kick and punches) at 0:26 of round 2.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Don't forget to post Duran/Roop!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 PM

Rick Story vs. Quinn Mulhern

Round 1:
Marc-Andre Cote is our referee for this welterweight bout. Touch of gloves and we're off. Mulhern wings out a front kick. Story bulldozes inside and rocks Mulhern early. Mulhern drops. Back to his feet only to get cracked by another Story flurry. Mulhern responds with an overhand right. Story piecing together combinations at will right now. Impressive stuff from a man who said beforehand that he was fighting for his job. Mulhern eats a huge left hand. Story blasts Mulhern with a left to the eyeball. Mulhern is hurt. Story smells blood and unleashes a salvo of rights and lefts. Wild left hook drops Mulhern. Story rushes in and finishes his handiwork.

Rick Story def. Quinn Mulhern via TKO (strikes) at 3:05 of round 1.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Don't forget to post Duran/Roop!
Er, it's right ^^^^.

Hey kid, you may need glasses!

tee hee, just kidding...