Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think that's what the media expects as well as all the "educated" Liberals who think that the Pope is the leader of the Christian Church. Basically, only people who know nothing about Christianity (as well as that freaky little cult that follows the Pope around) care about what the Pope says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Amen!
You two are really bigoted and intolerant. Shame on you.

1.2 billion people belong to the Catholic church, so it's hardly a small number of people who care about Pope Francis, nor is it people who "know nothing" about Christianity. Catholics were the first Christians...but - by all means - carry on with your hate and ignorance.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Catholics were the first Christians...but - by all means - carry on with your hate and ignorance.
Actually, that's a complete lie. Historically, Jews were the first Christians. The Gentile Churches that would have formed out of the Jewish congregations bore absolutely no resemblance to Catholicism. Read your New Testament, it's all in there.

Catholicism didn't exist until about 325 AD, almost 300 years after Christ's Resurrection and the founding of the first Christian churches.

So, if knowledge of history makes me bigoted and intolerant, then so be it.

What's confusing you is the early use of the term "catholic" which simply means "universal." However, that is very much NOT the same thing as "Roman Catholicism," which is just Roman paganism repackaged with Christian names.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think that's what the media expects as well as all the "educated" Liberals who think that the Pope is the leader of the Christian Church. Basically, only people who know nothing about Christianity (as well as that freaky little cult that follows the Pope around) care about what the Pope says.
I dont think the "educated: Liberals or the media think that the Pope is the leader of the Christian Church, they see him as the leader of the Catholic Church. Anyone can open up a Baptist, Protestant or non-denominational church and run it how ever they please. If I choose to open up a Baptist Church and decide that I want to smack people in the head and have them pass out I can; or if I want to open up a church that protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers I can and there is no one to stop me. The Catholic Church is different though, every Catholic Church answers to the Pope and if a Priest is doing something that the Church does not agree with he is removed. People want to hear from the Pope becasue he is a very importnt religious figure and is the head of a Church that has 1.2 billion people in it.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Stump Rules!

It doesn't matter how many people follow it. It doesn't make it anymore right then...the bloods and the crips! Wrong and misleading is wrong and misleading, no matter whose doing it and YEA RIGHT they remove people, HAHA what a joke. There are 100's or thousands of catholic priest that thinks is ok to sodomize and have anal sex with little boys and teenagers.
You can call the pope a "religious figure " but he certainly doesn't qualify for people getting on their knees, crying and kissing his has. That's just weird and so biblically wrong to worship like that.

QUOTE=Max;198893]I dont think the "educated: Liberals or the media think that the Pope is the leader of the Christian Church, they see him as the leader of the Catholic Church. Anyone can open up a Baptist, Protestant or non-denominational church and run it how ever they please. If I choose to open up a Baptist Church and decide that I want to smack people in the head and have them pass out I can; or if I want to open up a church that protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers I can and there is no one to stop me. The Catholic Church is different though, every Catholic Church answers to the Pope and if a Priest is doing something that the Church does not agree with he is removed. People want to hear from the Pope becasue he is a very importnt religious figure and is the head of a Church that has 1.2 billion people in it.[/QUOTE]

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
You two are really bigoted and intolerant. Shame on you.

1.2 billion people belong to the Catholic church, so it's hardly a small number of people who care about Pope Francis, nor is it people who "know nothing" about Christianity. Catholics were the first Christians...but - by all means - carry on with your hate and ignorance.
I was going to point out...that not only is their more Roman Catholics then all the other Denominations combined...so "little cult" is just Nathans way of being as insulting as he possibly can be on this subject.

Second...I love how people like Nathan classify Roman Catholics as non Christian....and then refer to the Scriptures as their own.

Nathan might be right that the Roman Church ISNT the same as the Early Church...but its also right to say, the Early Church did not have a proper cannonized structure...and if Nathan knew HALF of what some of the Early Church believed, he would discover that he actually has FAR more in common with Roman Catholics, then he does the early church.

Whatsmoreover...he knows it. Thats why I am well aware that when he become offensive to Roman Catholics, is absolutely, and utterly deliberate.

You know...I could never be a Roman Catholic, for reasons I have stated...but What you see with me and Nathan is purely about religious freedoms and tollerance. I acknowledge Roman Catholicism for what it is, I keep up to date with its workings, I treat my Roman Friends like my Protestants.

Nathan does exactly the opposite, and on this forum he ALWAYS HAS DONE. He tells them they are unchristian, with all that implies for their salvation, and he is, frankly, unkind about their leadership, their history, and anything to do with them. He ignores that his Scriptures were developed by one of their Councils, and he tries to claim that because there was an early church that bears NO RESEMBLANCE WHATSOEVER with his denomination...that because it differs from the Catholic, the Catholic is completely wrong. He is in part incapable of viewing thigs from others point of view, and half bolshed up by the computer screen....because IN PERSON he is unrecogniable to the persona he posts under, he is tollerant and gentle and listens...on this forum he does the very reverse...its either psychological, or its deliberate...if its deliberate then he is the one who should consider his salvation before all others.

I may sometimes be harsh...but I have the courage to say what I believe to people in the flesh and to their face...There isnt much of a persona of me on here...this, pretty much IS me.

Last edited by Tyburn; 03-15-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
It doesn't matter how many people follow it. It doesn't make it anymore right then...the bloods and the crips! Wrong and misleading is wrong and misleading, no matter whose doing it and YEA RIGHT they remove people, HAHA what a joke. There are 100's or thousands of catholic priest that thinks is ok to sodomize and have anal sex with little boys and teenagers.
You can call the pope a "religious figure " but he certainly doesn't qualify for people getting on their knees, crying and kissing his has. That's just weird and so biblically wrong to worship like that.
It's not worth the aggravation to respond to you any further.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 03-15-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: innappropriate
Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Hailey's Dad

Too many closed minds in here.

I'm out!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
You are a dolt and a hater. It's not worth the aggravation to respond to you any further.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The Irony is, that both Michelle and Nathan should accept this Pope more then any of the others...I dont think you understand just how many waves Francis is already making....and some of the things he are SAYING are extremely Low Church.

Try to understand, the Pope is no longer a Roman Bishop...He is quite literally a Contemplative Monk. The Cardinals have made a bizzare choice because, to be honnest, Francis will revolutionize the Roman Catholic Church if he has a nice long pontificate...You can already see how confused the Cardinals are when he's talking about what holds the church together...and says...Its NOT the Pope or the Roman Curia...its The Holy Spirit and The Cross

Its a revolutionary way of thinking which should appeal to the likes of Nathan and Michelle...sure, its still Roman Catholic...but thew whole Roman Catholic Church has NEVER BEEN SO PROTESTANT ACTING as it has in Ceremony since Vatican Two...and...in its leadership as of this week.

I dearly hope Francis has a good Ten-Fifteen Years of good health in him...because he will work wonders...He deviates from his script at will by adding in blessed thoughts...He had to tell the College that one of the cardinals has had a stroke since his ellection...It involved reminding them that they were all "in our golden years" but thats okay because Wisdom comes with age...just like how Simeon and Anna were advanced in age and full of wisdom and thus able to recognise Christ at the Temple...this was an adhoc addition to his speech. He knows the Scriptures well enough to use cameo, on the spur of the moment, without hesitation.

The College looked completely baffled...like they didnt understand what he was saying to them
Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
and if Nathan knew HALF of what some of the Early Church believed, he would discover that he actually has FAR more in common with Roman Catholics, then he does the early church.
I think that comment is nonsense. Unless you are lumping the apostate sects of early Christianity in with Christ's true Church. Of course, heresy has existed in the Church since the beginning and it is our job to root it out, even if it offends people or hurts their feelings. Heresy will continue to exist in the Church until Christ's return.

Catholics don't officially worship the Pope, but the office still hovers dangerously close to idolatry. When people start worshipping or praying to the Pope, that's when it becomes idolatry. Of course, that can apply to any leader, but the Catholic Church seems to specifically invite idolatry with it's hierarchical system of Pope, Bishops, Priests, etc. Other denominations of Christianity (note that I didn't say Catholics aren't Christians), have a hierarchical system of government (Methodist, Lutheran, Orthodox, etc.), but the temptation to worship those in leadership doesn't seem to be as pronounced as it is in Catholicism.