Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
He could have just shook her a little bit.
I'd never hit a woman.

But I'll shake a bitch.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I'd never hit a woman.

But I'll shake a bitch.
Thank you, Chris Rock!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

That's what I was thinking about.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Sorry to say this...but I neither believe in the myth of Redemptive Violence "they had it comming" Nor do I believe in might makes right "the most physically/destructively powerful has superiority because of that power"

Here is the other thing...You can not control what others do to you...but you CAN control how you react.

Should a mother hit a child that is not hers...absolutely not

but if she does...it does NOT legitamize the use of physical force...Frankly, they ARE Delicate Little Flowers, that should be treasured and loved and treated in an equisite manner...if they mis behave then punishment should be limited to NON physical aggression...especially from a stronger man...that is absolutely unforgiveable...it must NEVER occure.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I agree with that to an extent. A woman should never be physically attacked by a man unless it is a wartime situation and she is a combatant (something that I strongly disagree with, but unfortunately it's a reality), or the woman is in the process of committing a violent crime and the only way to stop her is to physically take her down.
Well...the first one would present me with a bit of a conflict of interest I suppose.

The second one is fine for me...someone committing a serious violent crime, is not a citizen, but a criminal...they have the rights ascribed to them by law, and by breaching that law they can devoid themselves of the vast majority of them...a Criminal, is a Criminal regardless of gender...though again, the only opportunity to physically prevent a women criminal would be at the moment of the crime...I dont advocate it after conviction...

I cant help that I have been raised with rather a victorian view on this...it stems from when I was a child...I remember eating a cadburys creme egg...and my Sister Tiffany stole that egg from me...and I hit her, in order to reaquire the egg....and Mother turned into such a monster...I was told under no circumstances was I EVER to strike a woman!

She gave me a beating to drive the point home
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I have no problem with it existing, I just have no interest in watching it.

What I would strongly object to would be if they started having male fighters and females fighters fighting each other. There is absolutely no way I would consider watching a man pound away on a woman's face to be entertainment. Equal opportunity be damned in that circumstance.

What the hell? A man turned into a woman can fight?

Quote:
When Liz Carmouche fought Ronda Rousey at UFC 157, she became the first openly gay UFC fighter. The sport is breaking new ground again with transgender female fighter Fallon Fox. As a postoperative transgender woman since 2006, Fox has two professional wins under her belt. But her license is now under review in Florida, where she knocked out Ericka Newsome in a Championship Fighting Alliance tournament bout.

Fox revealed her original gender to Sports Illustrated on Monday. She said when she applied for a license in Florida, that she already held a license in California. Once a fighter is licensed in one state, it's usually easier to get licensed in another. Fox thought she was licensed in California, but the California State Athletic Commission said her license application was under review. Though she says she disclosed her transgender history to California, she didn't to Florida.

The crux of the question behind her license is whether or not Fox's former gender would give her an advantage over opponents. Fox says it won't.
"They think she must be stronger, because she used to be a male. But if they look at the science of it, and what the hormones do to the male body, taken over a period of two to three years, it dissipates," Fox said to Outsports. "That's what they found, and which is one of the reasons why the International Olympic Committee has allowed post-operative trans people to participate in the Olympics."
As Florida investigates her license, the promoter doesn't have any plans to remove Fox from the tournament.
"She [currently] has a license by the Florida State Boxing Commission as a female; she's going to stay in the tournament," CFA CEO Jorge De La Noval said to ESPN. "She's a female fighter to us. And we're standing behind her when it comes to that. We're not going to kick her out of the tournament. She's going to continue fighting for CFA."
She is supposed to fight again April 20. The Florida commission is planning to meet on March 15 for a workshop on pro MMA events, and Fox's case will be discussed then.

MMA as we know it today is a fairly new sport. It has the ability to evolve more quickly than sports with more established institutions. That makes it more nimble and able to handle with new challenges thrown its way. Though at times this means it appears to be fly by night, it also means it can act quickly to evolve.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...6168--mma.html
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
MMA is MMA: whether it's men or women, I love it. Give me 2 fighters of identical gender & comparable skills, and I'm down!

Yes, they just need a few more arm breaking's for my taste.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 PM

I enjoy watching womens MMA. Nothing better than two females dressed in tiny tight shorts and tight, barely there shirts rolling putting their skills on display.