Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHWXOOh4kg

A shed load...I call them "The Second Wave" because they arrived exactly a year after I opened the Aviary...I went all the way to the Stafford Spring Bird Show...the largest in the country...and I spent all my bonus

I got two Java Sparrows, Two Lovebirds, Two Owl Finches, Two Diamond Dove, Two Japanese Quail, and a Red Factor Canary
Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

A shed load...I call them "The Second Wave" because they arrived exactly a year after I opened the Aviary...I went all the way to the Stafford Spring Bird Show...the largest in the country...and I spent all my bonus

I got two Java Sparrows, Two Lovebirds, Two Owl Finches, Two Diamond Dove, Two Japanese Quail, and a Red Factor Canary
you should get two turtle doves and a partridge ...... in a pear tree ..

ok .. that was lame ..
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
SupaDupaMod

One of the Java Sparrows' is named Denise.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
after YOU of course
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:

That's awesome, sounds like one of my plant buying sprees! You must be on cloud 9, Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That's awesome, sounds like one of my plant buying sprees! You must be on cloud 9, Dave.

I AM!! I spent all my bonus and then some I am NOT usually a big spender it has to be said...the odd 20 or 30 here and there....but my Sisters when they went out on a night would spend that much on drinks.

Well...Inclusive of Travel and refreshment for the day...I probably spent between 250-300 I am pleased to say 188 was my Anual Bonus...which is probably about the amount I spent on the birds....and I didnt enter my Savings this month...thats a further 80....so...I dont feel I spent beyond my means....but...I've NEVER spent so much in one go on material belongings before...the last time I spent this much would be on my Extended Weekends away...like Blackpool in 2010 or Lincoln in 2011....or possibly the Trip to UFC 120 in London if you include the tickets to the events.

This time...I went nowhere...I just bought Birds
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I AM!! I spent all my bonus and then some I am NOT usually a big spender it has to be said...the odd 20 or 30 here and there....but my Sisters when they went out on a night would spend that much on drinks.

Well...Inclusive of Travel and refreshment for the day...I probably spent between 250-300 I am pleased to say 188 was my Anual Bonus...which is probably about the amount I spent on the birds....and I didnt enter my Savings this month...thats a further 80....so...I dont feel I spent beyond my means....but...I've NEVER spent so much in one go on material belongings before...the last time I spent this much would be on my Extended Weekends away...like Blackpool in 2010 or Lincoln in 2011....or possibly the Trip to UFC 120 in London if you include the tickets to the events.

This time...I went nowhere...I just bought Birds
Good for you! I think it's good for the soul to splurge on yourself every once in a while.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Good for you! I think it's good for the soul to splurge on yourself every once in a while.
Its my Birthday on Sunday...so I've shrugged it off as my Birthday Treat Trip

Here are some photographs for those who dont want to bother with the video

Ezekiel my Lovebird, is a White headed Blue Love bird...its rather uncomon colouring, and whilst that would usually make him more precious...in this instance, if you aint got a peach faced love bird, noone cares, so he was cheaper...I only saw one pair of peach faced, and they had already been bought...noone wants to sell peachfaced lovebirds because they are in such demand

Jeremiah is also a White headed Blue, but as you can see...in reality, he's almost completely white. The problem with Lovebirds is that out of almost all the Parakeets...Love Birds are the hardest to sex. The only way to tell is to either be present when the eggs are laid, or to do DNA testing.. Who knows if they are male and female, male and male, or female and female? I dont really care

Sergio my Male Owl Finch, they have another name, but the Owl finch tag stuck because they litterally make owl noises...its got to be heard to be believed

Suzzie is my Female Owl Finch...its funny because Owl Finches are not that common and every time I arrived at a stall which sold them, this stupid old guy...the same one, was always already there and buying them all so finally when there were two stalls next to each other I knew I had to buy the ones that were on the stall he didnt go to...or never get them...I ended up then paying slightly more for the pair then the going rate as the guy went for the cheaper of the two stalls

Louis...aka "The King" is a red factor canary. I bought him because he was to cheap to be real. He's got issues. Firstly, he had spacial awareness issues, in human terms, he's clumsy and a bit thick. He's the only bird yet to learn to go into the shed when its dark. Secondly his feet are in bad condition, I am unsure if he has mites or if the skin is just badly discoloured. Thirdly...He was a Male that couldnt sing. He had one simple trill phrase which was monotone and sounded like a tin whistle...NOT KIDDING...but...after two days...my other Canaries have taught him to sing...I've never seen anything like it, one canary stands one side and sings a phrase, the other canary stands the other side and sings a slight variation of the same phrase starting just prior to the firsts ceasation, and the ping pong back and forth, then they move closer, and get really close, and Jojo even breaks down the phrases and tries to get Louis to repeat after him, getting close shows The King how to position the beak and stuff...its fascinating

My current section leader at work is called Ali Watson-Sparrow...so I HAD to get a Java and call it Ali Sparrow If you look closly at his foot you will see he has a deformed toe that points up and not down.

Denise the Java Sparrow is the same, but without the bum foot. Of course...I might have got the genders mixed up....coz I've seen Denise Sing...but havent seen Ali Sing yet...never mind though

I've called this Diamond Dove...Love

Not to be confused with Peace, who has a red head Diamond Doves are a bit like anemic Quail, in that neither of these Birds actually DO anything. Quail spend their entire live bouncing on the ground...and Daimond Doves simply sit and coo

Tiffany the Quail

Dhiego The Quail...now he was born disabled. One of his eyes has been fully formed, and even blinks UNDERNIETH a layer of skin that has feathers growing out of it. I think he can see through the semi transparent layer of skin, just, not as well. You might say he's partially sighted in one eye
Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 AM
SupaDupaMod

Dave, did you buy all the misfits?

lol

I mean, what did you do? Go in and say "Got any messed up birdies that I can get cheap?"