Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
""Jon Fitch is f***ing boring." - Dana White
Fixed!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Getting cut from the UFC is not a death sentence, some of these guys will be back at some point.
Again...Typically American in its view point...Exactly how many smaller organisations to proove yourself and gain afew more wins, in the UK do you think their actually are??

I dont think you understand what effect the recession we are in is having on THIS country. Things in England are not the same as things in the US...I hope to GOD none of those guys the UFC fired, used the money from them as their sole income...if they did...they may never fight again...they may not have the money to sustain the ability to train....

I would NOT like to be a British Fighter who isnt in a STABLE JOB WITH ITS GOD GIVEN EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS and not be in the UFC...coz I dont know whether that would actually work or not...Things in America as SOOOOO CHEAP EVEN IN A RECCESSION...in England...trust me...You DO NOT want to be Jobless in Europe or the United Kingdom at the moment.

Like I say, im reasonably sure those guys basically did UFC as an extra part time job. otherwise, its no Joke...White could have ruined their lives
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Again...Typically American in its view point...Exactly how many smaller organisations to proove yourself and gain afew more wins, in the UK do you think their actually are??
Obviously there are a few or the UFC would have never found these guys the first time. I only know of BAMMA, but I would guess that there are others.

Quote:
I dont think you understand what effect the recession we are in is having on THIS country. Things in England are not the same as things in the US...I hope to GOD none of those guys the UFC fired, used the money from them as their sole income...if they did...they may never fight again...they may not have the money to sustain the ability to train....
I am sure that things are different in England than here, but that doesn't make either situation any better. There are fighters here in the US with the same problems. How do you think it was before the UFC provided them with health insurance? These guys would fight through serious injury to support their family, only to then go back in debt for medical bills. But guess what, that is the fight game. As I said before, you know what you are getting into when you sign the contract.

Quote:
Like I say, im reasonably sure those guys basically did UFC as an extra part time job. otherwise, its no Joke...White could have ruined their lives
Whether you called the sport the UFC knowingly or not, this is why they will always be king. To the new/uneducated fan, they relate MMA with UFC and nothing else.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Dave you are acting like the British fighters that he cut were close to title shots and that is not the case at all. Mills was 1-2 in his last 3 fights, Etim was 1-3 in his last 4 and Sass lost his last 2. The fact is that these guys were not performing and because of that they were cut. When you sign a contract with the UFC you understand that if you don't perform you will be cut.

The UFC is bigger now than it ever has been. It is on FOX, has giant sponsors, and is being talked about more now than it ever was. The same goes for the fighters. ESPN now talks about MMA and the biggest stars of the UFC are 10 times more popular than the stars of the past. Arthur Jones was in the Super Bowl and they referred to him as Jon Jones' brother. Ronda Rousey is getting national attention and ESPN.com is talking about her fight on their main page.

You are acting like the UFC just cut 1/3 of its top fighters. Like I said before, not one guy who was cut was in the top 5 on their division. To say that Bellator will over take the UFC by 2015 is crazy. What prime UFC stock will they be using? Right now their #2 LW is fighting in court to go to the UFC. Their biggest name, King Mo, just got KOed by spinning back fist last night and the their biggest name fighter before that, Hector Lombard, is in the UFC. Out of the fighters the UFC has cut so far a grand total of ZERO are "prime UFC stock". In fact you couldn't build a card from that list of fighters that I would watch if it was going on in my own backyard. Dana is not cutting prime UFC fighters, he is cutting a bunch of mid-card guys that 95% of MMA fans won't even miss.

Dave I have heard you cry about Dana's decisions for years now. You keep saying that he is not listening to the people, he doesn't know what he's doing and he is going to run the UFC in to the ground, yet the UFC is stronger than ever. Face it, Dana knows more about how to run a business than you do, and he has proven it with his ability to grow the UFC from nothing into a global company.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Whether you called the sport the UFC knowingly or not, this is why they will always be king. To the new/uneducated fan, they relate MMA with UFC and nothing else.
I'm not really interested in the fickle and fairweather "New/Uneducated fan" relating MMA as UFC isnt correct, and once they learn that, they will know, and if they dont learn it, they probably are the sort to never come back
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
1) The point is...they dont need half the TUFers...and they DONT NEED THE WOMEN EITHER.
I agree that they don't need half of them, but to just say that only the two finalists will make it is not right. As for the women, I am fine with them fighting in the UFC, but I don't want it to just be about Ronda.

Quote:
2) I have been to THREE UFC events...UFC 70, UFC 85 and UFC 120 I Know they take Hours to complete...but there are ways the UFC can speed that process up....The other way to do it...is create a sudden death card all of its own...for the Strikeforce contracts.

The UFC dont care about who shows up...thats a minute proportion of the audience...they only care that the tickets are bought...and they are...the people can turn up when they like, or not at all. Incidently...if they dropped their prices, they would get more custom...its too expensive in the UK...MUCH too expensive.
Let's look at this from a different angle. What about the people that have to work at the event. A larger card means that they have to pay more fighters and pay more to workers, the venue, etc. This would likely raise ticket prices.

Quote:
4) That assumes Dana White actually knows what Fans want...How does he know that? I want to see the people I like, Know and care about fighting...I want them to strike the right ballence between being exciting, and being sensible, between standing and trading, and excellent ground work. IF Dana White cuts the people I like...I will follow those people to other organizations...because I dont actually care about the UFC, nor do I care for its Executive...they have given me no reason to care for them, no proof they care about anything but their own agenda, and no understanding of any fighters or fans who arent US Citzens.
I believe that Dana appeases to the majority, which are likely the US fans. That is unfortunately the case for those outside the US, but to think that this dislike from other countries will lead to their demise just doesn't make sense.

I have said before that I have felt bad for the UK fans. I think you all get the crappiest cards when they decide to come to the UK. You all were lucky to get a title fight because most of the time it looks like a regional show with little to no non-UK fighters.

Quote:
5) I think he listens less and less, I think they do surveys and then twist the results to give them what they want. He doesnt want Fans to call his organisation to account, he wants to rule as a dictator. He deliberately sets some fighters up with impossible matches to get as much chance of getting the results he wants. He saves others who should be gone. He has favourites, He pushes others at the expense of those who work really hard. He gives token gestures to fans. If he took things seriously, he would have a team that is constantly patrolling the biggest MMA websites, feeding back ideas, and monitoring public opinion. The ejit hired someone from the Sun newspaper to be on the board to decide the official UFC P4P rankings...and COMPLETELY Excluded Sherdog He did it, because he doesnt like Sherdog...because he cant separate his emotions from his common sence.
All businesses have their 'favorites'....this is nothing new. As for the rankings, it is all media that is creating them. They might as well let us do it as we have as many credentials as they do. There is no good way to do it without a bias and this will ultimately lead to more confusion than doing good. Get a new fan who sees Jon Jones take on unranked Chael Sonnen for the title...how does that work?

Quote:
...and the UFC do not acknowledge letters, nor other means of contact 9 out of 10 times...I had more luck getting through to politicians, then the UFC Brass...that tells you something...You and I...we are nothing to them...they just want your money, and the ability to do whatever the hell they please.
I will never understand this....do you expect them to respond to each and every person that contacts them? This and the internet nowadays, people think that they can have full access to the UFC and Dana. The way people act and treat others where they feel this sense of entitlement is crazy. I don't expect anything from any of them. I buy my ticket, I order the PPV, I buy the t-shirts. I don't expect a thank you or a response. I expect them to give me my money's worth and that is with the best fights that they can make.

Again, I appreciate and respect your passion for the sport.

Quote:
6) Firstly...it would be useful if you told me how long you've been interested in MMA, and been online about the subject. For those of us who have been online for a while, we have seen the effect the UFC expanding into different countries and adding more cards has had...and believe me...its had a negative impact...especially in non American areas...its all but distroyed the MMA Online Communities...Not just this Forum...but litterally loads...the UFC cant even garner a proper active forum on their own website....one off post reactions to news reports are probably post for post, more active then the largest MMA forums...people are ready for something new.
Compared to you I am probably a noob....how is that relevant to this discussion. How has the UFC destroyed this forum? My only complaint about this forum is that at times people treat others with complete disrespect, but that is society not the UFC's fault. But that is the problem with likely all forums and twitter as well.

Here is a blog that I subscribe to of someone that wrote about something very similar today....take a look:

http://shomanart.tumblr.com/post/437...95/haters-ball

Quote:
Now...Dana White hasnt yet struck a name that ammounts to much, he will be disliked in the UK for his actions...which matter if he ever wants to expand and be mainstream here...and some of the guys he cut on the british scene still have the potential to be future champions callibre fighters...he will look dumbass if they do that in another organisation and then refuse to come back...But you should see that there was what I would consider a real bitterness when he threatened Urijah Faber for this next weeks fight...if he really does have to cut hundreds...he WILL start to piss people off if those fighters are well loved and well known...if he goes after Frankie Edgar, Urijah Faber...Whilst taking care of Leonard Garcia, Mac Danzig...then all Bellator will have to do is grow quietly...and people will shift...When I first joined the MMA community, the hardcore fans were of the firm belief that Pride FC was the real top league, and NOT the UFC...not only can it happen again...I now believe it will.
Would you rather have the UFC give a UK fighter 1 maybe 2 fights a year, paying him maybe $15,000 a fight, or give that fighter the opportunity to fight 4 times a year making close to the same amount? I may be way off but I assume that lower to mid-tier fighters likely get paid about the same no matter where they are fighting, to them it is more the "fighting in the UFC" dream. They have too many fighters, partly their own doing, but partly doing the right thing. Look at the Strikeforce guys who were supposed to fight or got shelved while fight cards got cancelled. The UFC could have just severed ties and walked away, but they didn't. They signed these guys and most get to fight in the UFC at least once, but as I have stated, they all know that they can be cut anytime.

I don't think Urijah is as at-risk as they are playing it out to be, but he should be careful. Urijah is what...0-5 in title fights since he was champ. He lost badly in his last fight and another loss would hurt. But here is the thing, the 135 pound division is very small with a handful of top contenders. He also has a huge following and even today could be successful headlining an event.

Let's look at some other fighters....BJ Penn is 0-2-1 in his last 3, should he be around? Frankie Edgar is 0-3...Joe Lauzon is 1-2...Rashad Evans is 1-2, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit could both be 1-2 after their next fight. Are these all favorites? Probably, but they are putting butts in the seats. I can't speak for Mac Danzig, but Leonard Garcia comes to fight everytime and he is a fighter that I remember. The UFC wants and is trying to make fighters household names....what is wrong with that?

I get being a fan and following your favorite fighters wherever they fight. I get feeling for these guys when they get cut or have something unfortunate happen. That's what makes you a good person. But don't try and take what happens to them personal or hold a grudge. MMA is a sport, the UFC is a business....the two have to be viewed separate.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
the UFC is stronger than ever. Face it, Dana knows more about how to run a business than you do, and he has proven it with his ability to grow the UFC from nothing into a global company.
1) The UFC is not the strongest its ever been. It might be the biggest, in terms of structure, or busiest, in terms of events...but its FAR from "Stronger then ever"

Its taken TUF how many seasons to make a small come back?
Its Saturated the Market so much, Forums dont have chance to talk about one card before the next
Its prices remain the same, which have led to a lack of sell outs

2) Its NOT a Global Company...thats the pharse that they tell themselves in America, because they are known in the majority of States...Hey...news for you...being successful in the US, DOESNT equate to being a "Global" Company.

What they've prooved is that havent a sodding clue about anything outside the US. They ARE CATEGORICALLY NOT MAINSTREAM IN ENGLAND....the majority of the British dont buy PPVs, and Can not see the footage through purpose built media that doesnt extend to these shores...We are still downloading naughtiness...and thats harder then ever to attain

The Americans might be prepared to pay...but you guys are NOT living under the austerity measures in place in England...and im damn sure that much of Europe is even worse off money wise

They dont even Employ Globally!! as I showed. a Global Company...like any American Firm that employs people in England MUST abide by British Employment Law...the UFC DO NOT...because technically speaking they ONLY EMPLOY FROM THE US...Even British and European Fighters that work for them in their countries of origin, are Employed IN THE US in terms of Legality.

They are NOT a Global Firm...they are an American Firm, who believe that since they are mainstream in the US, and put the odd show on foreign soil with people recruited and Employed onsite, and use those foreigners, in the foreign shows...that they are Global.

Its Bollox Max...its a Facade which you wouldnt know unless you lived and worked in one of those foreign countries.

A Global Company is like Wal-Mart....Wal-Mart own properties and Staff in different countries, and different parts of their trading empire is managed under different laws. I work for an American Company...and how can you tell its Global...and not Local with an International Outlet? Because, UNLIKE THE UFC, in this Country Wal-Mart MUST abide by BRITISH EMPLOYMENT LAW....Heck...even the rather dodgy, asset stripping American Company that my Father worked for, before it went bust last month, with outlets all over Europe and China...even they were more "Global"

"Global" is a classification, when you apply it to a business...it doesnt mean they have outlets or projects in different countries! It means they have bases in other countries, that are permanent and abide by whatever countries laws they are situated in.

My Fathers old company...they were truely diverse...in America, they could sack a director in two weeks for no other reason then they didnt like him. In England, to sack someone of the same position, they had to go through three disciplinary hearings, or start the eleven week change of contract clause....GOD knows the rules that govern Chinese Employment.

ONLY in America, could you even HAVE such an opinion....is the UFC even on the American stock exchange?? Let alone the British
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I'll come back and answer the rest of these tommorow
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

1)I agree that they don't need half of them, but to just say that only the two finalists will make it is not right. As for the women, I am fine with them fighting in the UFC, but I don't want it to just be about Ronda.

2) Let's look at this from a different angle. What about the people that have to work at the event. A larger card means that they have to pay more fighters and pay more to workers, the venue, etc. This would likely raise ticket prices.

3) I believe that Dana appeases to the majority, which are likely the US fans. That is unfortunately the case for those outside the US, but to think that this dislike from other countries will lead to their demise just doesn't make sense.

4) I have said before that I have felt bad for the UK fans. I think you all get the crappiest cards when they decide to come to the UK. You all were lucky to get a title fight because most of the time it looks like a regional show with little to no non-UK fighters.

5) All businesses have their 'favorites'....this is nothing new. As for the rankings, it is all media that is creating them. They might as well let us do it as we have as many credentials as they do. There is no good way to do it without a bias and this will ultimately lead to more confusion than doing good. Get a new fan who sees Jon Jones take on unranked Chael Sonnen for the title...how does that work?

6) I will never understand this....do you expect them to respond to each and every person that contacts them? This and the internet nowadays, people think that they can have full access to the UFC and Dana. The way people act and treat others where they feel this sense of entitlement is crazy. I don't expect anything from any of them. I buy my ticket, I order the PPV, I buy the t-shirts. I don't expect a thank you or a response. I expect them to give me my money's worth and that is with the best fights that they can make.

Again, I appreciate and respect your passion for the sport.

7) Compared to you I am probably a noob....how is that relevant to this discussion. How has the UFC destroyed this forum? My only complaint about this forum is that at times people treat others with complete disrespect, but that is society not the UFC's fault. But that is the problem with likely all forums and twitter as well.

Here is a blog that I subscribe to of someone that wrote about something very similar today....take a look:

http://shomanart.tumblr.com/post/437...95/haters-ball

8) Would you rather have the UFC give a UK fighter 1 maybe 2 fights a year, paying him maybe $15,000 a fight, or give that fighter the opportunity to fight 4 times a year making close to the same amount? I may be way off but I assume that lower to mid-tier fighters likely get paid about the same no matter where they are fighting, to them it is more the "fighting in the UFC" dream. They have too many fighters, partly their own doing, but partly doing the right thing. Look at the Strikeforce guys who were supposed to fight or got shelved while fight cards got cancelled. The UFC could have just severed ties and walked away, but they didn't. They signed these guys and most get to fight in the UFC at least once, but as I have stated, they all know that they can be cut anytime.

9) I don't think Urijah is as at-risk as they are playing it out to be, but he should be careful. Urijah is what...0-5 in title fights since he was champ. He lost badly in his last fight and another loss would hurt. But here is the thing, the 135 pound division is very small with a handful of top contenders. He also has a huge following and even today could be successful headlining an event.

Let's look at some other fighters....BJ Penn is 0-2-1 in his last 3, should he be around? Frankie Edgar is 0-3...Joe Lauzon is 1-2...Rashad Evans is 1-2, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit could both be 1-2 after their next fight. Are these all favorites? Probably, but they are putting butts in the seats. I can't speak for Mac Danzig, but Leonard Garcia comes to fight everytime and he is a fighter that I remember. The UFC wants and is trying to make fighters household names....what is wrong with that?

10) I get being a fan and following your favorite fighters wherever they fight. I get feeling for these guys when they get cut or have something unfortunate happen. That's what makes you a good person. But don't try and take what happens to them personal or hold a grudge. MMA is a sport, the UFC is a business....the two have to be viewed separate.
1) Why is it not right? thats the whole bloody point of TUF...you get fighters and the winner moves into the UFC. You dont give everyone a free pass because they qualified for a reality show!!!

Women have no place in MMA as far as im concerned. I hold nothing against Women who want to, but I dont think its right. I have rather Archaic views on what I think Women should and should not do, and how they are to be treated.

Would they have tollerated Women fighting in Rome

I disaprove, I really do. Especially at the expense of good male stock.

2) Can I tell you a little secret. The price the UFC get on PPV sales and the Gate, are not a token on what they pay their fighters. They must be some of the WORST Capitalists to work for in the entire world. The UFC can change what it provides for Fighters to reduce costs considerably...but I doubt extending the show by three or four bouts will have that much effect.

3) That should matter, if you wish the UFC to be anything more then an American company...Dana White wont lead the insitution for ever...he holds sway due to charisma...a charisma that would be hard for his successor to follow...would be a shame to find that a new person is confronted by a tone of burnt bridges wouldnt it

4) thats because we are second class citizens...the UFCs first mistake is to try and market British Fighters, to Brits We all arrive expecting to see Americans...and get Michael Bisping...imagine our dissapointment

5) Do I come across as the kind of person who approves of work place politics to you It might be an unavoidable part of the working world, and I maybe equipped with the skills to survive...but that doesnt mean I dont think its bloody corrupted.

6) Most big businesses have an automated system of response at the very least. In England is is considered the height of rudeness not to respond to someone (with the exception of a job application where it is made explicitly clear that contact within a certain time scale means your through to the next round...and therefore a lack of a response...is in and of itself, a clear signalto you)

Why would you bother to publicise your postal address and other details if you didnt wish contact? Now...is there a chance that a personal secretary deals with it...of course...never expect to hear from the persons themselves...is there a chance said correspondance got lost in the post...yes of course...but for that to happen, repeatedly...No. That is more an indicator that someone just cant be arsed to acknowledge you...to a Briton, that is tremendously disrespectful.

Besides...I have contact with MMA fighters all the time...direct, easy access. But the Fighters themselves are just slaves to the UFC...with the odd exception...and those odd exceptions, inevitably choose to completely ignore me. I frighten them, because I tell them what I think, and they are scared of me because I hold them to account...and that means if they do something wrong...people will hear about it. Must, at all costs protect ones reputation, mustnt one

7) the UFC didnt distroy this forum....the talk of Hughes retireing about four years before he actually did...and double forum server jumps did irraperable damage before 2010. Since then, well, I personally blame the administration, of which I am no longer a part. Following the mass exodus in 2010, the place began to naturally dry up as Hughes really did move to retire. Coupled with that was the significant loss of many of the Boffins, issues over the Christianity Section and the Politics Section was also responsible for driving people out. Some might also say my dominance played a part. I had one hell of a post count...before the first server jump 10percent of this forum was totally me...thats probably not a good thing for anyone who doesnt like me

But as I explained...the UFC saturation of the market has damaged the online community whose buzz revolved around those weeks of arguing about fighters in an upcoming match, and digesting the results. Now...even on this forum, we classify non-numbered events without a title match as not even important enough to raise a predictions thread on. Entire events go by without people being passionate about any of it...infact...people just sometimes need a break from it all.

8) The UFC pays alot more then the local fights in England...A LOT MORE.

The UFC show more kindness to their affiliates then their own staff...thats even less moral then walking away

9) Trust me. He is at risk. Wait and see what they do If he fails this weekend. Dana White wasnt kidding. The barrels at the temple I'm afraid...and I quote "It could be a very bad night for Urijah"

Russian Roulette anyone

10) Its not a sign of my general Morality...its a sign of my Loyalty. The UFC didnt just sack a fighter...they sacked a friend...someone who I knew, and spoke to YEARS before anything to do with the UFC.

Thats personal. You dont piss on my friends and expect me to keep peace. If you hurt someone that I am Loyal to, you have insulted me. I dont suffer fools gladly. Its takes suprisingly little for me to consider someone an enemy and then to go to War if needs be.

I've heard the classic response from Americans on this one is: Dont defend them coz it makes them look weak. But If I dont defend them, I can claim no loyalty...because thats what Loyalty is all about. Infact it shows itself best and mostly in times like this.

I expect my reaction has raised a few eyebrows of suprise that I care so much...but Loyalty sometimes only shows itself when its being tested....and besides all that I despise Injustice...I believe companies should act in a moral manner...the two combined is a catalyst to fuel my Modus Operandi
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1) The UFC is not the strongest its ever been. It might be the biggest, in terms of structure, or busiest, in terms of events...but its FAR from "Stronger then ever"

Its taken TUF how many seasons to make a small come back?
Its Saturated the Market so much, Forums dont have chance to talk about one card before the next
Its prices remain the same, which have led to a lack of sell outs

2) Its NOT a Global Company...thats the pharse that they tell themselves in America, because they are known in the majority of States...Hey...news for you...being successful in the US, DOESNT equate to being a "Global" Company.

What they've prooved is that havent a sodding clue about anything outside the US. They ARE CATEGORICALLY NOT MAINSTREAM IN ENGLAND....the majority of the British dont buy PPVs, and Can not see the footage through purpose built media that doesnt extend to these shores...We are still downloading naughtiness...and thats harder then ever to attain

The Americans might be prepared to pay...but you guys are NOT living under the austerity measures in place in England...and im damn sure that much of Europe is even worse off money wise

They dont even Employ Globally!! as I showed. a Global Company...like any American Firm that employs people in England MUST abide by British Employment Law...the UFC DO NOT...because technically speaking they ONLY EMPLOY FROM THE US...Even British and European Fighters that work for them in their countries of origin, are Employed IN THE US in terms of Legality.

They are NOT a Global Firm...they are an American Firm, who believe that since they are mainstream in the US, and put the odd show on foreign soil with people recruited and Employed onsite, and use those foreigners, in the foreign shows...that they are Global.

Its Bollox Max...its a Facade which you wouldnt know unless you lived and worked in one of those foreign countries.

A Global Company is like Wal-Mart....Wal-Mart own properties and Staff in different countries, and different parts of their trading empire is managed under different laws. I work for an American Company...and how can you tell its Global...and not Local with an International Outlet? Because, UNLIKE THE UFC, in this Country Wal-Mart MUST abide by BRITISH EMPLOYMENT LAW....Heck...even the rather dodgy, asset stripping American Company that my Father worked for, before it went bust last month, with outlets all over Europe and China...even they were more "Global"

"Global" is a classification, when you apply it to a business...it doesnt mean they have outlets or projects in different countries! It means they have bases in other countries, that are permanent and abide by whatever countries laws they are situated in.

My Fathers old company...they were truely diverse...in America, they could sack a director in two weeks for no other reason then they didnt like him. In England, to sack someone of the same position, they had to go through three disciplinary hearings, or start the eleven week change of contract clause....GOD knows the rules that govern Chinese Employment.

ONLY in America, could you even HAVE such an opinion....is the UFC even on the American stock exchange?? Let alone the British
First off it is stronger than ever. It is the largest MMA company in the world, is viewed in over 150 countries, and is making more money than it ever has. You say the events are not selling out but they are still drawing crowds where ever they go. They are holding cards in Brazil, USA, Sweden Japan and Canada in the next 5 months. How are you going to tell me they are not stronger than they have ever been?

As for them being a global company, the UFC is different than a lot of other companies. The UFC doesn't own the venues they hold their fights in so because of this there is no reason for them to have an office in every city that they do business in. In the US they are based out of Las Vegas and to my knowledge they don't have any other offices any place else. The fighters are their employees but its not like the fighters go to the UFC gym and work each day. Since the UFC doesn't need offices in every country they hold an event they can prob just have a few people over see their operations outside of the US. In fact the Executive Vice President and Managing Director of Europe, Middle East and Africa for the UFC is Garry Cook, former CEO of Manchester City. Their Executive Vice President & Managing Director of Asia is Mark Fischer, http://cn.linkedin.com/pub/mark-fischer/10/247/30b there's his LinkedIn page incase anyone wanted to see what other jobs he has had. So clearly the UFC is global enough that they felt that they needed to get VP's to cover areas outside of the US.

The UFC is a privately owned company, it is owned by Zuffa (which is owned by the Fertitta brothers, Dana White and Sheik Tahnoon), so no it is not on any stock exchange.

^this is what perfection looks like