Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Gardening Thread

There are a few of us on this forum who like Gardening, whether it be landscape Garden creations, or some kinda horticultural collection, or simply vegetable patch/allotment stuff.

I thought people might like to share some of there stuff...I have lots of stuff and I will share...people might complain about that, but YOU are welcome to post your Gardening stuff like pictures and updates here also.

I have a rather funny video of me trying to construct a greenhouse in my patio to help with propergation...its fourty mins condenced into just five...so its speeded up...I dont half move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKm5pO2Y60
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Here is my greenhouse:

Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Dr. Green Thumb? Paging Dr. Green Thumb....
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
There are a few of us on this forum who like Gardening, whether it be landscape Garden creations, or some kinda horticultural collection, or simply vegetable patch/allotment stuff.

I thought people might like to share some of there stuff...I have lots of stuff and I will share...people might complain about that, but YOU are welcome to post your Gardening stuff like pictures and updates here also.

I have a rather funny video of me trying to construct a greenhouse in my patio to help with propergation...its fourty mins condenced into just five...so its speeded up...I dont half move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKm5pO2Y60
That was funny, Dave! It was kind of like watching one of those old black and white silent films except you're in color.

Your greenhouse is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, are you putting planters/pots in there with planted seeds or seedlings?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 PM

OMG, a gardening thread!!!!!!!! Did I tell you how much I love you, Dave? I have 700+ pictures of my plants in the garden file.

That is a nifty little greenhouse for starting seeds. I speeded the video up even more ;-) I don't have a greenhouse, but I've got the tender plants that have to be schlepped inside every winter down to 4. Good for you to try some propagation.

Neez's greenhouse is amazing, where does she find the time?!?

I will limit myself to 2 pictures, the foliage and blossoms of Trachystemon orientalis, more commonly known as Russian borage. The leaves are huge and fuzzy, the unusual flowers bloom just as the leaves start to emerge. Last fall I divided the mother plant into about a dozen new starts so now it's scattered throughout my different garden areas.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
OMG, a gardening thread!!!!!!!! Did I tell you how much I love you, Dave? I have 700+ pictures of my plants in the garden file.

That is a nifty little greenhouse for starting seeds. I speeded the video up even more ;-) I don't have a greenhouse, but I've got the tender plants that have to be schlepped inside every winter down to 4. Good for you to try some propagation.

Neez's greenhouse is amazing, where does she find the time?!?

I will limit myself to 2 pictures, the foliage and blossoms of Trachystemon orientalis, more commonly known as Russian borage. The leaves are huge and fuzzy, the unusual flowers bloom just as the leaves start to emerge. Last fall I divided the mother plant into about a dozen new starts so now it's scattered throughout my different garden areas.
I expected the flowers to be larger in size since the leaves are so big; just looking at them you'd think they were separate plants from each other, very pretty.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 AM

Thanks, Bonnie! No, the flowers are probably an inch long while the leaves are easily 2' long or more.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Hailey's Dad

Sometimes I do a little gardening.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
That was funny, Dave! It was kind of like watching one of those old black and white silent films except you're in color.

Your greenhouse is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, are you putting planters/pots in there with planted seeds or seedlings?
Yes...its only a small Greenhouse...I am using it to raise my seedlings as an overflow, before they get planted in the vegetable patch. I will keep most growing inside...but I dont have a lot of space, so I will use the greenhouse also.

I've so far put some bulbs I need to plant this weekend in their, and started off my Potatoes Chitting
Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Feel free to contribute as many pictures as you want

Your like a Professional Gardener compared to I