Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Frankly...I expect better from the American Law Enforcement.
So does everyone, Tyburn. I think all Americans were stunned and dismayed by the police reaction. We saw the images of that truck shot up and the first thing I thought was that no one could have survived such a barrage. It was totally unprofessional, an overreaction, and there have to be serious legal consequences for their actions.

I just don't consider the LAPD responsible to be "no different" from Dorner.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

"The decision by the Crown Prosecution Service today marks another low point in appalling way the British legal system has dealt with the killing of Jean Charles de Menezes. Last year, the jury at the inquest found that Jean was not lawfully killed; rejected the police's versions of events and found that the police lied. How can the public have faith in the police service if they know officers can literally get away with murder? The Menezes family, their lawyers and supporters now call on parliamentarians to act on repairing the failing legislative framework around deaths in custody and police accountability and we will be stepping up their campaign in this area.

Almost exactly 10 years from the publication of the Stephen Lawrence inquiry today's decision makes it clear that there has been no progress in achieving any sense of a decent system of police accountability in the UK and while the shoot to kill policy remains in place, another family could go through the same horrendous ordeal as the Menezes family "
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
So does everyone, Tyburn. I think all Americans were stunned and dismayed by the police reaction. We saw the images of that truck shot up and the first thing I thought was that no one could have survived such a barrage. It was totally unprofessional, an overreaction, and there have to be serious legal consequences for their actions.

I just don't consider the LAPD responsible to be "no different" from Dorner.
They are more alike then ever if you consider WHY the mass murderer claimed he was actually committing crimes in the first place.

He wasnt a terrorist was he Flo....he was a disgruntled Employee...We must now consider, if they cant act professionally, and are prone to over-reaction...perhaps he was wrongly sacked....and the fact that, from the Killers point of view, they HAVENT faced "Serious legal consequences for their actions" might be what pushed him over the edge.

Not an excuse...but you have to admit...this wasnt a regular criminal. They were chasing a Rogue Agent....and they have been found to be wanting in that campaign...in light of the accusations...thats conflict of interest for the force if ever there was one.

You expect a law enforcement establishment to be just, because its whole job is about the administration of Justice...but I've found, from my own experience, of working with an Establishment, that by its nature had to be whiter then white...that they are the absolute worst.

IMHO...Looking at this evidence...whilst I dont condone what the Killer did...I think the actions of the police force indicate a huge liklihood that whatever alligations the former officer had about constructive dismissal...which is what "wrongly fired" amounts to in England (though not under US Employment Law) are probably true.

Are their attempts to Silence him any more justified then his attempts to gain vengance? You cant be seriously telling me, that you think these police officers will be in trouble...no...Flo...they were just doing their job, they were trying to save innocent lives by taking out a criminal who was threatening mass murder.

They are Heroes.

The badges they wear will be their protection.

Is it the Armed Government Forces you need to fear...or are you already at gunpoint by local law enforcement agencies...Perhaps their protection, is proof of a form of Tyrany?

If you cant trust the Police...who can you trust?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Stump Rules!

OH MY GOD. You are so retarded. Seriously. Cops didn't kill because they missed. Cops don't shoot to scare you they are trained to shoot to kill. I KNOW this.

Quote:
If you can't tell the difference, nothing I say will change your mind.

Dorner murdered 4 people. The LAPD killed...how many?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 AM

I can't take you seriously. You can't discuss an issue; if anyone disagrees with you, you resort to the lowest common denominator - name calling.

Classy.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Administrator

Cops shooting at the wrong vehicle and killing the occupants would be manslaughter at worst; but the definitions of murder vary from state to state. If the occupants are just injured then it's even less severe of a crime.

Technically, manslaughter is not the same as premeditated, or first-degree, murder.

However, I think those police officers need to be taken off of active duty and placed under arrest until they can stand trial. Reckless cops have no business on the police force.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
I can't take you seriously. You can't discuss an issue; if anyone disagrees with you, you resort to the lowest common denominator - name calling.

Classy.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Stump Rules!

I get it but I'm not talking about the actual name of the crime, but the fact that those cops shot blindly into trucks that they had no idea who was in it need to go to prison just like Dorner would have had he lived. Or something like that I'm tired
And speaking of, since day 1 I said he would off him self before he let the cops shoot and sure enough, he put one in his own head. I feel like I won a bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Cops shooting at the wrong vehicle and killing the occupants would be manslaughter at worst; but the definitions of murder vary from state to state. If the occupants are just injured then it's even less severe of a crime.

Technically, manslaughter is not the same as premeditated, or first-degree, murder.

However, I think those police officers need to be taken off of active duty and placed under arrest until they can stand trial. Reckless cops have no business on the police force.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
OH MY GOD. You are so retarded. Seriously. Cops didn't kill because they missed. Cops don't shoot to scare you they are trained to shoot to kill. I KNOW this.
Well, we can be thankful they didn't end up killing those people. I agree that something needs to be done about the police officers involved in those incidents, but I don't agree that they are the same as Dorner. He set out to kill; I don't think they necessarily set out to kill him at the beginning, but I think Dorner made it a probable outcome if he didn't kill himself first. When you say they are EXACTLY like Dorner, how do you mean, exactly?

He was a former cop, one of them before he was fired, he was trained in weapons, he knew how they thought, worked, and reacted to situations so all that gave him an advantage. He set out to kill cops and their families, and he said he wasn't going to be taken alive. It's understandable every law enforcement officer out there would be on edge especially after he started killing, doing exactly what he said he was going to do! It doesn't excuse recklessness on the police's part, but I think we can all appreciate the tremendous pressure and stress they were under trying to find this guy. As long as they didn't know where he was, each of them was wearing a target on their back (not mention their families!). Dorner put a target on his own back, they didn't. His motive was revenge, and he wasn't going to stop until he was dead.

Police aren't perfect and they should be held accountable for their actions, but Dorner is the killer here, he's the one who set all this in motion.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Finally! My thread gets some action!

Not the kind I was looking for but, hey, beggars can't be choosers.