Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Exclamation Delivering newspaper, risky business

Key events in manhunt for fugitive ex-LA officer

Key events in the expansive, ongoing manhunt for Christopher Dorner, the fired Los Angeles police officer suspected of killing three people including a police officer in Southern California and posting a manifesto on Facebook outlining plans to kill the families of those he says have wronged him, all times approximate:

Sunday, Feb. 3: An assistant women's college basketball coach and her fiance are found shot to death in their car in Irvine, Calif. Police learn later the woman was the daughter of a retired Los Angeles police captain who represented Dorner in disciplinary hearings that resulted in his dismissal from the force.

Monday, Feb. 4: Some of Dorner's belongings, including police equipment, are found in a trash bin in suburban San Diego, linking him to Irvine killings.

Wednesday, Feb. 6: Police announce finding Dorner's manifesto online.

10:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 6: A man matching Dorner's description makes a failed attempt to steal a boat from a San Diego marina. An 81-year-old man on the vessel is tied up but otherwise unharmed.

1:30 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: LAPD officers, protecting a person named in the manifesto, chase a vehicle they believe is Dorner's. One officer is grazed in the forehead by a bullet during a shootout, and the gunman flees.

A short time later, a shooter believed to be Dorner ambushes two Riverside police officers during a routine patrol. One officer is killed, and the other critically injured.

2:20 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: A shuttle bus driver turns in a wallet with an LAPD badge and a picture ID of Dorner to San Diego police. The wallet was found fewer than five miles from the boat, near San Diego International Airport.

5 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: LAPD officers guarding a manifesto target in the Los Angeles suburb of Torrance open fire on a truck they mistakenly believe to be Dorner's. A mother and daughter delivering the newspaper are injured.

A short time later, Torrance police are involved in a second shooting involving a different truck they also mistake for Dorner's. Nobody is hurt.

8:35 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: Police find a burned-out pickup truck near the Big Bear ski area in the San Bernardino Mountains. Six hours later, authorities identify it as Dorner's.

9:40 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego is locked down after a Navy worker reports seeing someone who resembles Dorner. Military officials later said Dorner had indeed checked into a hotel on base earlier in the week on Tuesday but had left on Wednesday.

4 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: Authorities search a Las Vegas-area home belonging to Dorner and leave with several boxes of items. They say no weapons were found but decline to disclose what was discovered.

Friday, Feb. 8: Dozens of searchers hunt for Dorner in the freezing, snowy San Bernardino Mountains after losing his footprints near the site where the truck was found. Authorities search Dorner's mother's house in La Palma and collect 10 bags of evidence and also take five electronic items for examination. Police also search a storage locker in Buena Park.

Saturday, Feb. 9: Helicopters equipped with heat-seeking technology resume search for Dorner in the mountains near Big Bear. Authorities reveal that weapons and camping gear were found in Dorner's burned truck.

Sunday, Feb. 10: Authorities announce $1 million reward for information leading to Dorner's arrest.

Monday, Feb. 11: Riverside County prosecutors charge Dorner with murdering a police officer and the attempted murder of three other officers in a potential death penalty case. Authorities receive more than 700 tips since the reward was announced.

12:20 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12: Police are summoned after a man resembling Dorner steals a vehicle in the San Bernardino Mountains. The vehicle is quickly located on Highway 38. The suspect abandons the vehicle, runs into the forest and barricades himself inside a cabin.

12:40 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12: State Fish and Wildlife wardens are involved in a shootout with the suspect. Two San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies are wounded in a second exchange of gunfire.

4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12: Police surround the cabin where the suspect is holed up and gunfire erupts before a blaze engulfs the structure and law enforcement officers wait for the fire to burn out.

4:50 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12: A San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman confirms one of the two wounded deputies has died, and the other is in surgery and expected to survive.

6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12: Police find a charred body in the rubble of the burned cabin. They don't confirm the identity, although authorities earlier said they believed the man in the cabin was Dorner.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

So no one is suprised that LAPD shot a woman and her son delivering the morning newspaper?

Well, okay. Me neither. Not really.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Stump Rules!

I spent almost 2 weeks in So Cal as this was going on. People that resembled Dorner were wearing t-shirts that said " DON'T SHOOT.I'M NOT DORNER!!!" and people with trucks resembling his ( how ever slightly) were putting cardboard signs in their windows that said "THIS IS NOT DORNER'S TRUCK! PLEASE DON'T SHOOT!"

The woman that got shot (in the BACK) was a 71 year old little Mexican lady that was delivering newspapers with her 40 something year old daughter who was grazed by a bullet. They just opened fire as they were in someone's driveway to drop off the paper.There was another man that was grazed when they shot up his truck as well. It wasn't even the same make as Doner's.

I'll tell you, those cops are NO different that Crazy Doner and they need to go to PRISON for what they did to those poor people.

Anyway, glad it's over!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 AM

What the LAPD did was irresponsible, they need to be held accountable and those poor people awarded damages. But surely you must agree that they aren't quite the same as the insane serial killer.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Administrator

I can understand that being a police officer is an extremely stressful job, but it can't be more stressful than being a soldier. If a US Infantryman had accidentally shot two unarmed civilians, then he would be sitting in a military prison awaiting his court martial. So it's inconceivable to me that the police officers who shot the innocent bystanders aren't being prosecuted right now.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Stump Rules!

Those that shot blindly at those people are EXACTLY the same as Dorner. There is no way you can say they are 1 ounce different or better. Criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
What the LAPD did was irresponsible, they need to be held accountable and those poor people awarded damages. But surely you must agree that they aren't quite the same as the insane serial killer.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Those that shot blindly at those people are EXACTLY the same as Dorner. There is no way you can say they are 1 ounce different or better. Criminals.
Yeah, I can say they are different and I am saying it. There are lots of differences but we can start with the obvious, the LAPD shooting wasn't premeditated.

I agree it was wrong, they overreacted and I'm sure they will be prosecuted criminally as well as civilly.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Stump Rules!

That is premeditation if I ever saw it. Those guys were out to shoot and kill Dorner even if it meant blindly shooting others and they shot at anything that resembled him or his truck and they kept doing it right down to when they torched that cabin having no idea if there was anyone other then Dorner in it.
How is that not premeditation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yeah, I can say they are different and I am saying it. There are lots of differences but we can start with the obvious, the LAPD shooting wasn't premeditated.

I agree it was wrong, they overreacted and I'm sure they will be prosecuted criminally as well as civilly.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM

If you can't tell the difference, nothing I say will change your mind.

Dorner murdered 4 people. The LAPD killed...how many?

Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Frankly...I expect better from the American Law Enforcement.

This type of accident happens occasionally in England with the squad of Police who ARE armed. They just dont seem capable....but one has to remember that havent grown up in an environment where handguns...or probably the training of using them...is prevelent. Therefore, mistakes might happen more often.

But for those sort of mistakes to happen in a culture where all police have firearms is absolutely unacceptable.

Why can they not get their inteligence verified before they start shooting? The Americans cant get the right van...The British follow the wrong man from a tower block of supposed terrorists despite having an accurate description.

But to manage to shoot two MEXICAN WOMEN when they are looking for a BLACK MALE...I mean HOW do you make that mistake????

The Americans didnt actually manage to kill by accident...but who knows if that, too, was down to being generally incompetant? If they cant tell the difference between a Mexican Woman and a Black Man...then what are the chances they are going to be much of a good shot anyway

Unfortunately...the British parallel wasnt so happy. It became obvious to the inocent man that he was being followed, so he went down into the Tubes to get away, and a member of the squad who was NOT in uniform pulled a gun out and wondered why the guy ran.

They followed him onto the tube where he slipt and fell, and they shot him seven times point blank range in the head infront of the entire passenger carriage.

Then they lied, when they realized that he wasnt the right man...and they claimed that he had jumped the ticket barriers to escape, which CCTV at the station doesnt uphold. They also claimed he was wearing a huge duffle jacket in the middle of summer which they thought was hiding the bombs...unfortunately, a picture of the corpse minus the head, published in the press showed he was wearing a tight denim jacket that he couldnt have hidden anything underneith

The final defence was he ran when confronted with a gun...No shyte. He didnt run because he was guilty, he ran because an unidentified man who had been stalking him for no reason pulled a gun on him...The victim didnt even know the guy was a police officer...and in a culture where you simply never see guns period...if you see one...its probably the last thing you'll ever see....for him...it pretty much was.

They had a public enquiry...but no criminal prosecution, I dont know about civil recovery....but as the guy was Brazilian and not British...