Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What do you think Jim Harbaugh is going to do about the quarterback position for next year, will he leave Kaepernick in as starter or bring Alex Smith back?
I think it is Kaepernick's job now. He played well, he had the one INT which was a bad throw. But he brings another element to the game that Smith can't. He is one of those 'new breeds' for a QB, like RG3 and Russell Wilson.

I think Smith will be released or traded. I feel bad for him as his situation was not the norm, meaning most starters get their job back after injury. But sticking with Kaepernick worked and it is his team now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I think it is Kaepernick's job now. He played well, he had the one INT which was a bad throw. But he brings another element to the game that Smith can't. He is one of those 'new breeds' for a QB, like RG3 and Russell Wilson.

I think Smith will be released or traded. I feel bad for him as his situation was not the norm, meaning most starters get their job back after injury. But sticking with Kaepernick worked and it is his team now.
I don't really know...is Smith really good, so-so, or what? Kaepernick and Flacco, from what I've seen of them, seem to have so much confidence when they throw the ball, I wish I had seen that from Matt Schaub (Texans) in the post season games. I may be judging him unfairly, I don't know, but I'm unsure of him now.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 02-05-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
great game ... halftime show was good too ...
Someone wondered if maybe it was Beyonce's half-time show that caused the loss of power.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 AM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I don't really know...is Smith really good, so-so, or what? Kaepernick and Flacco, from what I've seen of them, seem to have so much confidence when they throw the ball, I wish I had seen that from Matt Shaub (Texans) in the post season games. I may be judging him unfairly, I don't know, but I'm unsure of him now.
He had a really good season in 2011 and was playing well in 2012 until he got a concussion. Before 2011, he was an average QB at best. I think having Harbaugh as a coach has helped him because Harbaugh used to be a QB. It's hard to say how he will do on another team, but I hope he does well.

I don't know what to think about Schaub. He has great weapons around him, but he does seem to lack the confidence that some of these other QBs are showing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Someone wondered if maybe it was Beyonce's half-time show that caused the loss of power.
yeah .. nfl released a statement that it wasn't her fault .. LOL ... anyway, she could drain my power anytime ... she just has to dye her hair dark .. thats all ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.