Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Question: Why wasn't that play that was a fumble (which the ref made a bad call on) able to be reviewed by replay? Are touchdowns the only plays reviewed?
I assume you are referring to the kickoff return that Sproles fumbled....if they ruled it a fumble on the field then they would review. Since they ruled him down, then it comes from the team to challenge and GB was out of challenges.

Touchdowns and turnovers are all reviewed, but the play has to be ruled a turnover to get reviewed.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I assume you are referring to the kickoff return that Sproles fumbled....if they ruled it a fumble on the field then they would review. Since they ruled him down, then it comes from the team to challenge and GB was out of challenges.

Touchdowns and turnovers are all reviewed, but the play has to be ruled a turnover to get reviewed.
Okay, got it.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 PM

After last week's games, I was hoping things would end with the two Harbaugh brothers (Jim-49ers/John-Ravens) in the Superbowl!

All right, who are y'all rooting for?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
After last week's games, I was hoping things would end with the two Harbaugh brothers (Jim-49ers/John-Ravens) in the Superbowl!

All right, who are y'all rooting for?
speaking of conspiracy theories .. it is much easier to have the NFL set up the harbaughs in the finals ... LOL ... i think the niners will win ... the baltimore defense is good, but kaepernick is fast and should be able to get around them .... should be a good game though!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
speaking of conspiracy theories .. it is much easier to have the NFL set up the harbaughs in the finals ... LOL ... i think the niners will win ... the baltimore defense is good, but kaepernick is fast and should be able to get around them .... should be a good game though!
I don't think so, but it is funny how both teams ended up winning with a score of "28". Twenty-eight (28) also happens to be the score both my and Flo's teams (Texans & Seahawks) lost with last week.

I guess I'll root for the Ravens, but I'll be happy for either team in the end so long as it's a good game.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Don't forget that Jon Jones' big brother plays for the Ravens. I don't know if that will be more likely to sway people towards or away from the Ravens, but there it is anyway!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I guess I'll root for the Ravens, but I'll be happy for either team in the end so long as it's a good game.
Super Bowl XLVII:

Yeah, speaking of conspiracy theories, what about the timing of that power outage! It was like someone wanted to break the momentum of the Ravens' 28-6 lead! And things did begin looking bleak after the lights finally came back on until the Ravens finally stopped the 49ers' run and goal attempts at the very end and got the ball back. I didn't breathe easy until those last 4 seconds went to zero...the stress of it all!

Congrats to John Harbaugh and the Ravens, and to Joe Flacco who got Superbowl MVP!

Score: 34-31

Last edited by Bonnie; 02-04-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Super Bowl XLVII:

Yeah, speaking of conspiracy theories, what about the timing of that power outage! It was like someone wanted to break the momentum of the Ravens' 28-6 lead! And things did begin looking bleak after the lights finally came back on until the Ravens finally stopped the 49ers' run and goal attempts at the very end and got the ball back. I didn't breathe easy until those last 4 seconds went to zero...the stress of it all!

Congrats to John Harbaugh and the Ravens, and to Joe Flacco who got Superbowl MVP!

Score: 34-31
great game ... halftime show was good too ... i didn't think the lights were gonna come back on for at least an hour ... i think flacco or jones could have gotten mvp ... either way, great run for flacco ... took out luck, manning and brady ... all pro bowl qbs ... even tho he wasn't a pro bowler ...
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
great game ... halftime show was good too ... i didn't think the lights were gonna come back on for at least an hour ... i think flacco or jones could have gotten mvp ... either way, great run for flacco ... took out luck, manning and brady ... all pro bowl qbs ... even tho he wasn't a pro bowler ...
Jacoby Jones did make those two fantastic runs/TDs...loved it! Before the lights went out I was thinking Flacco or Jones, but I think Flacco deserved it. That whole team came through when it counted especially the defense at the end. I thought for sure Kaepernick would try to run it in on one of those last plays at the end, watching that was nerve racking!

All the CBS-NFL commentators picked the 49ers to win except for Coach Cowher who picked the Ravens--just like most everybody had picked Brady and the Patriots to win in the AFC Championship game! Even Shannon Sharpe who played for Baltimore picked the 49ers, but that was just fine with Ray Lewis and the guys...they had asked Shannon before the game, "Shannon, you're not picking us are you? Because whoever you pick always loses!"

What do you think Jim Harbaugh is going to do about the quarterback position for next year, will he leave Kaepernick in as starter or bring Alex Smith back?