Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 AM

Default SEAL Chris Kyle Shot

This is horrible news. He was killed in Texas today along with a friend. This man was a patriot and a hero. I read his book "American Sniper" last year, he was the military's deadliest sniper. I didn't know him personally but felt that he was a friend after reading his book, I had wondered what his thoughts were during the current gun debate. I feel just terrible for his wife and two young children, God rest his soul.

Quote:
Chris Kyle, a former U.S. Navy SEAL credited with the largest number of confirmed kills, was one of two people fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range Saturday, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant told the Star-Telegram that Kyle, 38, was shot by a suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, around 3:30 p.m.

Routh allegedly opened fire on the two men before fleeing in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the report.

Bryant said the suspect was apprehended and taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, about five hours later.

The identity of the other shooting victim was not released.

Kyle, who was married with two children, penned the New York Times bestselling book, "American Sniper," which chronicles his military experience in Iraq.

He was not on 2011 raid on Usama bin Laden's compound, according to military sources.

Kyle set the record for confirmed sniper kills at 150 and received multiple valor awards, including five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Silver Stars, according to US military records.
Link here.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-03-2013, 04:34 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I just read about this.

Quote:
Kyle helped start the nonprofit FITCO Cares, which provides at-home fitness equipment for emotionally and physically wounded veterans. Travis Cox, the organization's director and friend of Kyle's, spoke with the AP on Sunday morning.

"What I know is Chris and a gentleman great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them," Cox said. Routh then took Kyle's truck and fled, he said.

Littlefield was Kyle's neighbor and "workout buddy," Cox said. He was a gentle, kind-hearted man who often called or emailed Cox with ideas for events or fundraisers to help veterans.

"Chris was literally the type of guy if you were a veteran and needed help he'd help you," Cox said. "And from my understanding that's what happened here. I don't know how he came in contact with this gentleman, but I do know that it was not through the foundation.

"It was just two great guys with Chad and Chris trying to help out a veteran in need and making time out of their day to help him. And to give him a hand. And unfortunately this thing happened."
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Stump Rules!

Those crazy gun enthusiast.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM

sad news ... praying for his wife and kids ....
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM

So very sad. Makes you wonder about the crazy twists and turns of life, doesn't it.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I dont know whats more ironic...a sniper...being shot....or a combat expert being killed in some firearm massicre.

I've never heard of him...but it sounds tragic