Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Quit laughing at my medical issues, Nate!!
I can't help myself, I've got a serious medical condition.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:17 PM

i know this is a major rabbit trail, but i honestly don't know how anyone can believe in evolution when you look at how the human race and human bodies are doing nothing but deteriorating. we are devolving right before our very eyes, not evolving

all these syndromes, cancers, diseases, flus, colds, sickness, etc.... though our medical prowess has advanced, we are the most unhealthy generation there has ever been

i also think obesity has alot to do with a flawed body ----think about it, in an engine when you have excess carbon, you foul your plugs, you don't blame the fuel or the plug, but there is something else wrong

the world waxeth old, not young-----and we are definitely getting less and less perfect, not more perfect, not better immunity
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i know this is a major rabbit trail, but i honestly don't know how anyone can believe in evolution when you look at how the human race and human bodies are doing nothing but deteriorating. we are devolving right before our very eyes, not evolving

all these syndromes, cancers, diseases, flus, colds, sickness, etc.... though our medical prowess has advanced, we are the most unhealthy generation there has ever been

i also think obesity has alot to do with a flawed body ----think about it, in an engine when you have excess carbon, you foul your plugs, you don't blame the fuel or the plug, but there is something else wrong

the world waxeth old, not young-----and we are definitely getting less and less perfect, not more perfect, not better immunity
Speak for yourself. I'm getting more awesome every day!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

there are always exceptions to the rule......then again maybe you're not getting more awesome you're just staying the same while everyone else is getting worse, only giving the appearance that you are more awesome due to the larger gap between you and the closest competition for most awesomest
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Hailey's Dad

Haha
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I've got restless leg syndrome. It's a pain in the butt. I don't need meds for it but it does keep me from falling asleep. Quit laughing at my medical issues, Nate!!

Really, I do have it. My dad does as well. I just stretch my legs over and over at night when it acts up and that usually works for me. It started when I was pregnant with my son and flares up occasionally.

~Amy
I think it's actually fairly common, isn't it? I've gotten it occasionally the last few years, ditto for my better half. I just get up and walk around, that usually helps. It definitely keeps a person from falling asleep!

But I agree that it's popular now to label every little commplaint or eccentric behavior with a "syndrome" tag.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Ditto!!

Creakier, but definitely awesome!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I think it's actually fairly common, isn't it? I've gotten it occasionally the last few years, ditto for my better half. I just get up and walk around, that usually helps. It definitely keeps a person from falling asleep!

But I agree that it's popular now to label every little commplaint or eccentric behavior with a "syndrome" tag.

That and I think we expect to be 100% happy, 100% healthy, and 100% pain free all of the time without having to work for it. We, as a society, now want a magic fix to all our ills and it just isn't realistic. We don't deal well with discomfort. What a bunch of whiners us humans are.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
seems legit to me .... i don't know if its a syndrome more than its just that people have different rhythms in their body .. some people are morning people, others need a few hours before they do anything meaningful .... just like i don't think everyone can adopt a 3 square meals aday routine ... some like to have smaller, more frequent meals ... wait, what the hell am i talking about now ... i feel like dave .. i almost started talking about that time i got into a row with some bloke from leeds whilst taking a walk near the river thames ........

Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Then I heard about some woman whose son woke her up while she was eating a brillo pad.

Getting up and eating at night isnt a syndrome, its a bad habit

Being asleep, and getting up, and eating whilst your still asleep...that IS a Syndrome. Sleep Disorders can be really horrible...Sleep Walking for example, is fine...until you fall down the stairs or jump out of the window IN YOUR SLEEP. Sleep talking is just bizzare...I do...or did both when I was younger.

More serious can be night terrors, where you have a bad dream, but you dont wake up...instead, you start acting it out in whilst your asleep...Equally as bad is Sleep Apnia...Where people forget to breath whilst they are sleeping...I've had that once or twice...coz eventually when you cant hold your breath any longer, your body wakes you up and its like pressure valve has been released.

As for restless leg syndrome...that depends what causes it...ever heard of myclonic dystonic Tremours...they are NOT to be laughed at, unless your uber insensative.

There is also little man syndrome...you all know the McShouty who feels he has to make noise to make up for the fact he's small and weak.