Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
but still, just imagine cyborg vs mighty mouse
I'd actually be interested in Ronda/Dominick. Most likely Dominick's footwork would be too much, but I think it'd be cool to see how his takedown D would stand up against her judo!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'd actually be interested in Ronda/Dominick. Most likely Dominick's footwork would be too much, but I think it'd be cool to see how his takedown D would stand up against her judo!
i appreciate the idea, and i usually agree with you ben, but i still think this would be a massacre, even if they weighed the same, i just don't think a typical woman can offer anything up for a typical man when it comes to hand to hand combat

throw ronda in the ring with a joe schmo, maybe, but i just don't think there is any comparison against any male in the ufc

call me a chauvanist but i ain't
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i appreciate the idea, and i usually agree with you ben, but i still think this would be a massacre, even if they weighed the same, i just don't think a typical woman can offer anything up for a typical man when it comes to hand to hand combat

throw ronda in the ring with a joe schmo, maybe, but i just don't think there is any comparison against any male in the ufc

call me a chauvanist but i ain't
Yeah, I hear ya. I mean, that's the closest thing to a competetive male/female match-up. Cyborg/Aldo at 145 maybe, but other than that, I don't see any other situation where it'd even be in the realm of possibility.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think it's due to the level of technique held by most of the WMMArtists. I mean, I think their skill (& therefore entertainment) is still years behind the men right now. There are a few sand-outs like Ronda, Miesha, Marloes & Cyborg who are high-level & make for a good show, but most of the others aren't that evolved.
I don't even like seeing male/female wrestling or martial arts competitions. It just feels wrong.

GOD designed men and women to be different and I think we should be celebrating those differences, not trying to erase them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,589
Default

i am joining the Israeli military ...

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20..._facebook.html
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i am joining the Israeli military ...

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20..._facebook.html
Trust someone like you to be reading The Star
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.