Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
You see, it's comments like this one that demonstrate your complete ignorance of the topic at hand. It's almost laughable actually.

Also, comparing real world battlefield tactics to the UFC is like preparing for a safari hunt in Africa by taking a trip to the zoo.

The battlefield is so physically demanding that a majority of men can't even keep up. So, when people say stuff like, "Oh on the modern battlefield all you have to do is push a button," then that simply reveals that they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I know you didn't say that, but it's a common boiler-plate argument for why women should be allowed into real world combat situations and the only people who believe that statement are the ones who know absolutely nothing about real world combat situations.
I may not have experience...but I know more then you think, after doing Strategic Studies at University.

My point was simply, that sometimes you just make do with what you have. If...like during the second world war, the Country had lost an entire generation of men during the first world war...then you can imagine that not everyone was fit for duty in the strictest sence of the word for the second world war.

Look at Dunkirk...perhaps one of the ultimate battlefields. Proper combat troops trapped between sea on one side, and the enemy on the other. The call went out for ANYONE with ANYTHING capable of floating, to sail across the channel, and litterally pick soldiers out of the water.

Narrowboats, merchant ships, rowing boat...Nathan...rowing boats...went across the channel and as they passed by the continental shores, they scooped up military personnel from the water. Civilians went and collected our armed forces from the beach where they were basically being massicred...none of those sailors went through basic before they left docks Nathan
Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
And you called me domineering in your post. You really have no idea, Dave.

Some day I will make it to England. Then I will come for you.

~Amy
I wasnt actually thinking of YOU when I said that part Though I doubt your the sort who would lie down and just take shyte from anyone
Old 01-28-2013, 01:19 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
From now on, I plan on countering this ethos of strong, black and white opinions, which get blurted on this forum by the same domineering voices all the time, by giving them what they need to take the matter beyond displaying their disregard online in a mixed martial arts forum.

We should all want to do that on subjects we care about...or else, why even bother mentioning it?
Dave, I will express my opinions whenever, however, and about whatever I want on here. And you won't be telling me what I need to do about it. You aren't my keeper. I may not want to take the matter beyond. I may just want to bitch about it around here. And that's my perogative. And it is everyone else's perogative, too. That is part of what this board is about.

So you go ahead and plan on your countering but know that I will not have you badgering anyone after posting their opinions. It is really none of your business what we do in our lives other than on this board.

I think that's fair. Don't you?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
but I know more then you think, after doing Strategic Studies at University.
Dave, are you trying to prove me right? Because that's another laughably silly comment that only adds more credence to the notion that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Dave, I will express my opinions whenever, however, and about whatever I want on here. And you won't be telling me what I need to do about it. You aren't my keeper. I may not want to take the matter beyond. I may just want to bitch about it around here. And that's my perogative. And it is everyone else's perogative, too. That is part of what this board is about.

So you go ahead and plan on your countering but know that I will not have you badgering anyone after posting their opinions. It is really none of your business what we do in our lives other than on this board.

I think that's fair. Don't you?
Oh yes...I quite forgot that EVERYONE is allowed to express their opinion on ALL subjects, EXCEPT FOR ME (and probably any American who happens to be a Democrat, or sympathetic towards them)

What is this irony? Atonement for an Empire based on the Slave Trade or something...because at the back of my mind, and by a lot of attitudes on here, the crux is because I am not American, I am somehow lesser.

I'm Ignorant, I'm Stupid, I dont know what i'm talking about, Its none of my business, I shouldnt talk about that subject, I shouldnt be a Moderator. I am made out to be boring, long winded, worthless in content. I'm probably valued most for my entertainment value. To be laughed at, to roll your eyes at, to excite you all by making a scene which you can embellish by adding your two cents worth.

I want you to know, that if it wasnt for a few extremely solid and supportive friends who do not make me feel like a second class citizen on this forum, I would have ceased to post here entirely during the summer of 2010.

I have been mistreated by the autocrasy here. I dont mind being subordinate where I have to be, but I dont have to be here. I dont mind following rules...but rules made against me as a sole person, that restrict me, where they do not restrict others, is unjust. The reason why I resigned my Modship wasnt an expression of acknolwedgement that I had done anything wrong, or offended anyone. The reason I resigned is because I refused to be Nathans bitch for a third time

I am a Free Man.

if What I have written above means you now want to ban me...then just grant me twenty four hours from the time of your PM...so I may pass my forwarding details on to those who I regard as my true friends...and if you cant do that, then I ask you to respectfully remind fourumites, that if when I log off from here, I can never log back on...I can be reached through my facebook account, my myspace account, my youtube account, and my email address.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Hailey's Dad

You tell 'em Dave!

Wait. You still use MySpace?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
You tell 'em Dave!

Wait. You still use MySpace?
I dont "Use" it...I still have it...but if youve visited, they are trying to do a whole "NEW Myspace" which I cant make work...so I have to go back to "Classical Myspace" which I reckon they will axe

A real bugger...coz I use myspace as my main bank for digital photographs...some of which are NOT on memory stick (All my America photographs were on a memory stick which broke down...so this week I will be downloading all my photographs just incase.

However...I have a feeling you and I are facebook friends...so you wont miss a thing if the powers that be decide that I must be ejected all together...I hope they decide not to...but who knows
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Hailey's Dad

Nobody will kick you out of here. They might argue with you strongly, but I really doubt anyone would ban you.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Nobody will kick you out of here. They might argue with you strongly, but I really doubt anyone would ban you.
Whilst I admire your confidence...I dont share it I'm afraid.

You know, on two occasions I have been Vocal enough to legitamize, possibly a threat. I did make it clear where I stood on the issue of the United Nations in 2003...Whilst I personally wouldnt class that as anti-american...I can see how Nathan might.

Again, I suppose I did talk endlessly about my burdens way back in 1997...but I was asking for help mainly, dont believe that you should brush things under the carpet to save reputations, and really didnt feel like, as a person I wasnt qualified to be Christian Section Moderator.

But this time...Well I hadnt even made up my mind on where I stood on Gun rules...So to say I was too anti-weapons for Matts Sponcers...especially the week he retires...tell me...does he need sponcers when he doesnt fight anymore?

That sounds illegitatmate even for here. I really think it was because I asked Nathan if after talking so brash he would tell us about HIS firearm (or up til recent, possibly lack thereof) that I was threatened. I insulted him personally...and he reacted.

Now, even without being a Moderator I wont shut up...Do you think its beyond belief that they will ban me after this thread. I dont want to be banned...but I wont be oppressed. I aint no slave, and never will be again
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Oh yes...I quite forgot that EVERYONE is allowed to express their opinion on ALL subjects, EXCEPT FOR ME (and probably any American who happens to be a Democrat, or sympathetic towards them)
I'm all for you being able to express your opinion. I just want the same option without you telling me that I actually need to do something about my opinions or shut up about them. Which is basically what you were saying you were going to do. And I just said that I won't put up with that. And I won't. Sometimes all I want to do about something is fuss about it.

That has nothing to do with you expressing your opinion. Feel free to express away.