Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,629
Default

Quote:
I saw matt get hit right in the junk and looked to the ref for a call. No call .. what?? Trigg drives him to the fence. I'm mad .. so I decide to eat my hotdog to console myself. I take a big bite, start to take a drink of my beer, I look up and OH MY GOD!! matt had picked Trigg up over his should. OH MY GOD .. he's walking him across the cage OH OH OH MY GOD .. HE JUST SLAMMED HIM INTO THE CAGE FLOOR!! I stood up yelled and screamed .. spilled my beer and peed a little! JUSTICE!!!!!! Glorious I had to find out who this guy was.


That's when I first "met" Matt too, watching UFC 52, and I must say the man DID make an impression! The only difference in our stories is the hot dog, the beer, and seeing it live...oh, and the peeing part! I actually didn't see it until April 2008 on dvd, and I'm sooo happy I had the ability to rewind! I was like you, Boom..."Who is this guy!"

Another great tale, Boomer! You truly have been blessed with a gift.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
semper fi, devil dog. consider myself blessed to have met you and other forum members in Denver. thanks so much for everything, and I truly hope our paths cross again. stay safe, brother...
same same myfriend!! Hope all is well for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post


That's when I first "met" Matt too, watching UFC 52, and I must say the man DID make an impression! The only difference in our stories is the hot dog, the beer, and seeing it live...oh, and the peeing part! I actually didn't see it until April 2008 on dvd, and I'm sooo happy I had the ability to rewind! I was like you, Boom..."Who is this guy!"

Another great tale, Boomer! You truly have been blessed with a gift.

You are great Bonnie .. Ill be in Houston in May on leave. We'll have to grab another coffee!!
__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Aw, Boomer. I'm always impressed with your story telling ability. I feel so very blessed to have been a part of this forum since before Nate was admin. I remember when Ben was just a little kid. I can't remember if my original join date was in 2005 or 2006. That's a long time ago!

The first time I met Matt was in Houston. He was doing a meet and greet at a Best Buy there. Sean Sherk was also there and Sean wouldn't stand up next to me, probably because I'd tower over him. Matt stood right up and when I told him that I was a regular poster on his website he asked who I was on here. Then he told me to post more. So I did and then later on became a mod. I've really enjoyed my friendships that have formed due to this website. The people here aren't just "virtual" friends or people that I will eventually forget. That includes you, Boomer. You are a special guy and I feel very blessed to say that I know you. I pray for you every day. Thanks for sharing yourself along with your "tales."


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Aw, Boomer. I'm always impressed with your story telling ability. I feel so very blessed to have been a part of this forum since before Nate was admin. I remember when Ben was just a little kid. I can't remember if my original join date was in 2005 or 2006. That's a long time ago!

The first time I met Matt was in Houston. He was doing a meet and greet at a Best Buy there. Sean Sherk was also there and Sean wouldn't stand up next to me, probably because I'd tower over him. Matt stood right up and when I told him that I was a regular poster on his website he asked who I was on here. Then he told me to post more. So I did and then later on became a mod. I've really enjoyed my friendships that have formed due to this website. The people here aren't just "virtual" friends or people that I will eventually forget. That includes you, Boomer. You are a special guy and I feel very blessed to say that I know you. I pray for you every day. Thanks for sharing yourself along with your "tales."


~Amy
Thank you for your prayers Amy! You too are a lifelong friend!! Us Texans have to stick together!
__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,948
Talking

GOD bless you Boomer I miss your input here

did I just nearly well up a tad...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Don't let all this emotion cloud the important thing here....


Boomer is fricking HOT!!!




Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
GOD bless you Boomer I miss your input here

did I just nearly well up a tad...
Thanks Dave. God bless you too. ;)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Don't let all this emotion cloud the important thing here....


Boomer is fricking HOT!!!





__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
You are great Bonnie .. Ill be in Houston in May on leave. We'll have to grab another coffee!!
Just let me know when's convenient for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Don't let all this emotion cloud the important thing here....


Boomer is fricking HOT!!!


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

Great tale Boomer Stay safe man and thanks for sharing as always !!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:22 AM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
Great tale Boomer Stay safe man and thanks for sharing as always !!!!!
Thanks Chris!!
__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.