Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM

Dave
1. I don't like the idea of putting my arsenal online for the world to see for a few reasons.
A. Government knowledge.
B. Local thieves.
C. It almost seems like a bragging/pride issue. Lol

2. I'm pretty sure you could learn about most guns and the uses with google. If I get started writing about guns at random I would end up with a big long post that most would be annoyed with. Lol. But will be happy to answer specific questions.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
just wondering .. has anyone had legal guns confiscated? has there been any historical events in the past when the US gov't has gone around and taken people's guns??// just wondering .. i guess i could look it up ...
Yes, it has happened. A guy was even jailed for it but eventually released. He was stopped by a policeman for a traffic infraction. The officer asked him if had any weapons in the car and he admitted to having an unloaded firearm in the trunk. Everything was legal but it was confiscated and he was jailed on a BS charge of transporting illegally. There was a big public cry for support of this guy and he was eventually released. I don't remember all the details but I'll post a link if I can find it.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Hailey's Dad

Found some info. His name is Brian Aitken and here's one of the links. You can Google for more info I'm sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Aitken

I'm also positive that Brian is not the only person who wrongly had his guns confiscated. Even worse, he was convicted and served time in jail even though he clearly did NOT break any laws or pose any danger to anyone.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Found some info. His name is Brian Aitken and here's one of the links. You can Google for more info I'm sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Aitken

I'm also positive that Brian is not the only person who wrongly had his guns confiscated. Even worse, he was convicted and served time in jail even though he clearly did NOT break any laws or pose any danger to anyone.
thanks mike ... i was thinking more along the line of a country wide confiscation ... the stuff you posted i am sure happens every single day .... i was thinking more along the lines of guns or certain types of guns being banned and gov't officials go door to door and take peoples guns ...
Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
thanks mike ... i was thinking more along the line of a country wide confiscation ... the stuff you posted i am sure happens every single day .... i was thinking more along the lines of guns or certain types of guns being banned and gov't officials go door to door and take peoples guns ...
Haven't heard of anything like that happening yet. I think the government knows trying that now will cause a rebellion. They want to make the majority of people turn them in first. Right now, the rebellion would be too big. If enough people turn them in because we're told we have to, that will make it easier for them to start confiscating by force.

Never turn in your guns. Never participate in a gun buy-back program and don't register what they don't already know about.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 AM

DHS wants to purchase 7000 automatic weapons; same kind the gov,t is trying to ban for the rest of us.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I understand this was a horrible tragedy and people want to see something done to prevent this. But if you are serious about wanting to save lives via prevention why not concentrate on where you could be of the best help. More people died from prescrition drugs in 2011 than they did in motor vehicle accidents. That is something where we could really use some rethinking!

Deaths in US 2011

Drugs 40,239
(more died from prescription drugs than illegal drugs)

Alcohol 26,256

Firearms 11,101

So why concentrate of firearms? Death by firearms don't even make it in the top 10 list of causes of death. I think we could do more good with working on that drug issue first!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Hailey's Dad

Besides, new laws don't prevent ANYTHING. All they do is give more leverage to punish after the fact.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM

gun control is the equivalent of making it illegal for people to buy cars in order to reduce drunk driving

furthermore, i disagree that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to today's guns(assault weapons/ak 47s/ etc) as much as i disagree that the 1st amendment doesn't apply to todays means of free speech(twitter, facebook, blogs, national tv)

if the 2nd amendment is done away with because we have better guns than when it was enacted, then lets do away with the 1st amendment as well based on the same reasons
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
DHS wants to purchase 7000 automatic weapons; same kind the gov,t is trying to ban for the rest of us.
It's a "personal defense weapon" if the gov't wants to buy and use them, but it's an "assault weapon" if civilians want them.

Our government wants to control our guns, but they "gift" Egypt with four F-16 fighter jets.