Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev View Post
1)Well Dave, I wont post pics of my guns because I dont want people to know what i have but i will try and help you understand whatever I can about guns.
2)What do you want to know. I imagine there are a lot of people on here who would answer.
1) is that because you are worried if you said you had X...then someone who thought they could...I dont know steal from you or something...might be able to know what gun to get that would beat yours?

I mean...is it out of safety/fear that you dont want to clarify...or is it...like considered a bit rude to ask? I mean the friend I have on youtube seems to test guns...I dont think he actually owns them, he's just able, somehow to use them for target practising, and he doesnt mind saying "oh this is blah, blah, blah...and lists all the pros and cons...and I dont really understand a lot of it...no use telling me what point it carries or something, when I dont know if thats good or bad...I mean...I suppose it depends what your using it for...no?

But it may be a little like asking a woman her age...I mean...perhaps you just dont ask what type of gun someone has...I dont know the cultural ettiquete

2) Everything...I figure, the more you know, the better based your opinions are..but start with whatever list I had in the post I did earlier today
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Are they all yours???
Not really. Just goofing with you. Got this image from google.

Quote:
Which is your favourite and why?
I like the tactical shotgun. Great for stopping home invasions.

Quote:
Did they all cost a lot?
I'm sure they do. From recent looking around, a basic hand gun would run in the $500 range.

Quote:
Do you just need one liscene and then can have as many as you want...or do you have to liscence every time?
Different for every state. In NJ, with my Firearm ID card I can buy long guns (shotguns, rifles) but require additional permits each time I want to buy a handgun.

Quote:
How long did it take for you to collect them all?
About 5 seconds to steal the image from google.

Quote:
So many questions...sorry.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Hailey's Dad

One reason to not let people know what you have is so that the government can't try to take them away. That's why a lot of people are against having to register their firearms. It gives the government a handy list to use when they decide to confiscate (ie: Nazi Germany)
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How do you intend on making sure those "Unanswered Questions surrounding the event itself" are addressed?
By not bowing to popular pressure and allowing the questions to be ignored or swept under the carpet.

Quote:
Does your Law have any writ over the subject of Treason..? Does such a Concept even exist without a Soverign to comit Treason against. How can one commit Treason against a group of individuals who are not unfied on their belief in the first place...
It's extremely difficult to get accused of treason in the United States unless you are a member of the military or a government employee.

Quote:
How are you to act righteously in the face of the possibility that your worry prooves to be valid and their is something to this conspiracy theory? What would it take to move you from words on a page, to actually doing something about your complaints?
You say that as if words are not a powerful thing in and of themselves. Haven't you ever heard the old saying, "the pen in mightier than the sword"?

There are plenty of example of words inspiring change for the better in the world: the Bible, "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine, the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, the Gettysburg Address, Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech, and the list goes on.

So don't discount the power of words.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
1)Not really. Just goofing with you. Got this image from google.

2)I'm sure they do. From recent looking around, a basic hand gun would run in the $500 range.

3) Different for every state. In NJ, with my Firearm ID card I can buy long guns (shotguns, rifles) but require additional permits each time I want to buy a handgun.
1) your such a nut

2) so that would be about 300 thats EXTORTIONATE I am suprised that many people have that sort of money to be honnest. That Money could buy me a Moped for when I can drive

3) Sorry...I dont understand the difference between handgun and shotgun and dont understand why you can buy loads of one on one liscence, but need a liscence for each of the other.

Also...what happens if you either move states, or travel to different states where legislation is different...do you have to re-register, or get rid of?

At least at that sort of price, they would fetch a pretty penny if you had to get rid
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
1) your such a nut

2) so that would be about 300 thats EXTORTIONATE I am suprised that many people have that sort of money to be honnest. That Money could buy me a Moped for when I can drive

3) Sorry...I dont understand the difference between handgun and shotgun and dont understand why you can buy loads of one on one liscence, but need a liscence for each of the other.

Also...what happens if you either move states, or travel to different states where legislation is different...do you have to re-register, or get rid of?

At least at that sort of price, they would fetch a pretty penny if you had to get rid
I've never thought about that. Good question, Dave, since laws in different states might vary.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
1) By not bowing to popular pressure and allowing the questions to be ignored or swept under the carpet.

2) It's extremely difficult to get accused of treason in the United States unless you are a member of the military or a government employee.

3) You say that as if words are not a powerful thing in and of themselves. Haven't you ever heard the old saying, "the pen in mightier than the sword"?

There are plenty of example of words inspiring change for the better in the world: the Bible, "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine, the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, the Gettysburg Address, Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech, and the list goes on.

So don't discount the power of words.
1) Here I was thinking you were all for sweeping things under the carpet to make them LOOK right, even if they are not right. I thought from experience, that your attitude was pretty much out of sight, out of mind. I have never believed that "Silence" over an issue makes it go away.

Glad to hear you dont either

BUT asking the questions on a Forum like this hasnt changed anything has it? You are no closer to finding out the truth, youve only proved that your able to think outside the box over it...which is commendable...why should you trust what you see, simply coz you see it through a bias media....but what do you get out of questioning it here...that wont aid your knowledge...surely to find out, you'd need to get in contact with the people who made the video, or the authorities....are you allowed to enquire of a criminal procedure? I am not sure that we really are...privacy laws and data protection mean the police cant just tell the truth, or even speak, to just anybody.

2) I suppose they would also be classed differently...for example, deserting your post could be counted as treason...but they wouldnt call it treason but dereliction of duty, or desertion. I imagine that for a government employee it would be Breach of Confidence

It all depends on your definition of Treason. Look at the British Government...Members have to take an oath, in that oath it states that the Queen is the Highest Court in the Land...so do we say all Parliamentarians are Traitors because they have all allowed the European Supreme Court to work within this land?

Is that Treason against the Queen? Is that, in theory, a hangable offense by the strictest interpretation of the Law....certainly anything over 200 years ago, it most definately would have been...and thats AFTER the Civil War, and AFTER the Glorious Revolution, and AFTER a permanent Government sat.

3)
You didnt answer my Question. What would it take to create a response that was MORE then Words. You also have no Faith in your pen...this thread is the epitome of your central view...which is thus...without your Sword you can be Oppressed.

If you believe it the power of the pen...give up your Sword.

You cant have it both ways. First we see you argue that in order to defend yourself and your rights, you must keep your guns at all cost. The Federal Government is out to get you, and without your guns you are oppressed.

Yet...when I ask you what, then, will it take to get you to USE your guns (if you actually have one) You suddenly play down the need for a Gun. The Pen is more mighty, you say. Can Pens Level your playing field...My Goodness, if only my Incan Friend had a Pen he would have no doubt stopped the Spanish

We are left to believe one of two things. Either, you didnt mean what you said in the first place. OR you are afraid to admit where what you said leads to. Which is it Nathan...A Gun to level a playing field...Or a Pen to stop the Feds?

Deterents are no good if you arent fully willing to use them when push comes to shove.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I've never thought about that. Good question, Dave, since laws in different states might vary.
Thanks Bonnie

I know that if you went from the US to England you wouldnt be able to take them with you. Soverign State Issues...BUT as with Europe, Soverign States can be in a Union...where they will allow you to bypass laws of Soverignty, on the grounds that you are a member of the Union

Thats why someone from France wouldnt need a Visa to enter England....and yet someone from the US would probably need something (it may not be called a visa, but they usually have visitors fill out some kinda form on the plane )

The point is...if your in the Union, your exempt from those laws...I could see the Federal Government saying that since you bought the guns legally in one state, they are yours, they are registered, and because you are a member of the American Union, if you move to a different state, whilst you cant maybe buy more of the same type of gun...perhaps they would let you keep guns you already had...they were legal where and when you bought them.

In the same way I could see the opposite. Soverign State, Different Rules, if you want to keep your guns, fine...but dont move here, sort of thing.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
1) your such a nut

A handgun is small pistol and easily concealed. Also, long guns (rifles/shotguns) can be used for hunting where I don't know many people who hunt with handguns. I'm guessing that's why the extra permit required in NJ for buying handguns.

If you move, you'll need to do whatever the new state requires to keep/carry your guns legally. If you move from a state like Texas or Arizona to NJ, good luck!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM

just wondering .. has anyone had legal guns confiscated? has there been any historical events in the past when the US gov't has gone around and taken people's guns??// just wondering .. i guess i could look it up ...