Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I did not watch it.

For very good reasons.

Can you guess what those reasons might be.
No. Enlighten me.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
But they didnt...thats my point about Might Makes Right...its about those who have guns...and where everyone has guns, its just those who have bigger guns, or more guns, or faster guns...Guns dont level the playing field, as you suggested, at best, they raise the Might to a whole new level...at worst they just swing the ballence away from those with only traditional weaponry

Why do you think the US dont want Iran to have a nuclear programme?

Its because without one...they are pretty much the Spanish, in my Incan parody. In theory, America could wipe the Irainians out. To give Iran a Nuke would "level the playing field" and then suddenly America would be forced to have to treat them as an equal rather then a subordinate.

Try reading Frederich Nietzsche thoughts on The Will to Power, and The Will to Knowledge...He talks about what he calls "power discourse" which is exactly what you like to watch whenever you switch on to the UFC...Its why things like Professional Wrestling are so entertaining to men as old as fifty odd....These things are displays of Dominance and submission...of the flow of power...and sometimes, its reversal

Magnified to a much greate extent is the philosophy that everyone is held in a network of power between one and another. You are subordinate to your boss, You are dominant over your Children...obvious ones...and then there are less obvious ones.

Having met you in person, I know you arent half as brash in real life as you come across in person. The internet is strange because it can allow people to reverse the power discourses of normal everyday life. People can have an aura about them online, which implies status and dominance, that they do not have in person....What they effectively do sometimes, is be alot more free online then they are in person, it enables an expression which is sometimes false, just simply because there is no human contact. I cant see your expression when you type...I only have your words on the screen...they make you out to be a real black and white brash American...I know in person that you are not, if anything I kinda remember you as quiet, maybe not shy, but certainly not forthright like you appear online.

I remember distinctly you said a similar thing about believing that online I was far more emotional, or emotive, or sensative, or something like that, and when you met me you discovered actually I wasnt.

Do you even own a firearm? and if you do...have you ever fired a gun...even for target practise or something....? (and this excludes your time in the military Nathan)

Most people, like you and I dont really do it deliberately...its impossible to convey yourself properly online, and of course your reaction is to other peoples thoughts of you online, not the real you. But there are people who do it deliberatley...those are extreme trolls...and you see them bragging about what they could do, or could not do, because the internet shields them....sure they could take on Matt Hughes in a fight and win...they might sound convincing...but they are some pasty underaged nerd from the back of beyond who gets beaten up every day at school coz he's Skeered.

This is what Nietzsche meant...and it exists between everyone...and also at many different levels...on a big scale...its what makes the world of international politics work, It is the profound nuances in Barack Obamas weekly address, as much as it is in the awe inspiring launch of the most recent north Korean missile. Its the power of the press to shame the Government into a U-Tern - as much as it is the illicit authority of the European Supreme Court in this land.

Power is never Equal Nathan....not ever...even in a marriage, a Christian, loving, satisfying, long marriage...one person is dominant, one is submissive.

...and whilst the reversal of a discourse can be self satisfying briefly...like Saddam and his silly beggers with the weapons inspectors...sooner or later, the Submissive will be knocked back by the Dominant.

Might Makes Right...and it always will. Guns or no Guns.
I did not read your entire post.

For very good reasons.

Can you guess what those reasons might be?

Anyways, I was referring mainly to individuals not societies when I described guns as leveling the playing field. A technologically superior society is always going to have an advantage over a primitive society. That didn't suddenly start when guns were invented. So, try not to muddy the waters with irrelevance.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
No. Enlighten me.
I dont like watching Videos about conspiracy theories...you never know how grounded they are do you?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I did not read your entire post.
I dont believe you
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
I dont like watching Videos about conspiracy theories...you never know how grounded they are do you?
I don't normally watch them either. And I never believe any of it unless I research something myself. But I trust that I can usually discern BS from a legitimate claim. And some of the video was easily explained away, but there were some things on there that are just .....well, bizarre.

Like I said, I don't buy that the gov't perpertrated this hoax. However, there are some very good questions out there that need to be answered. Like who was the person the police chased into the woods and handcuffed? Who was the third person in the parking lot that a kid said he saw face down and handcuffed?

I have questions that I haven't even seen mentioned on the conspiracy video. A teenage boy was interviewed during the ordeal that day. He said he saw a 'trooper' bring out a child that was all bloody. He said he saw them bring two more kids out. Why were these children not taken to the hospital? Why were only three brought out? And he said he and his mom live down the street. They were some of the first ones there. His little sister had been in that school. They were still there HOURS later. When asked where his mom was, he said 'over there somewhere' and pointed to a crowd of people off to the left. Really? My child is involved in something like that, I just can't see myself hanging around the scene for HOURS with my child still there!

And what about the little girl who hid under her friends and played dead. Reports said she came out covered in blood. And she wasn't taken to the hospital? Just for the trauma witnessed alone I would have thought she would be taken to the hospital.

I don't know. Just weird.

Last edited by Neezar; 01-21-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM

just so we're clear tyburn, it's not a conspiracy theory that says the government committed this massacre, it's a theory that says the massacre never actually occurred

after all you only believe what you see on tv, and tv can do literally anything nowadays with the technology we have

the only difference between iron man the movie(which is as lifelike as can be) and the sandy hook hoax (which is also very believable) is that the media tells us iron man is fake and sandy hook is real, but if sandy hook is real there are some major gaps in the story line
Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
just so we're clear tyburn, it's not a conspiracy theory that says the government committed this massacre, it's a theory that says the massacre never actually occurred

after all you only believe what you see on tv, and tv can do literally anything nowadays with the technology we have

the only difference between iron man the movie(which is as lifelike as can be) and the sandy hook hoax (which is also very believable) is that the media tells us iron man is fake and sandy hook is real, but if sandy hook is real there are some major gaps in the story line
so do you think it happened?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
so do you think it happened?
Do you?

Do you not at least find some of it kinda strange? I think it happened but I think there are things they are definitely not telling us. And maybe there is a good reason for that. I don't know.

Did you watch the press release of the coroner? That man scares me. He is just weird on so many levels.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Do you?

Do you not at least find some of it kinda strange? I think it happened but I think there are things they are definitely not telling us. And maybe there is a good reason for that. I don't know.

Did you watch the press release of the coroner? That man scares me. He is just weird on so many levels.
i don't think it was a set up ... you can watch many conspiracy theory videos of man landing on the moon, 9/11 etc ... they all seem pretty compelling .. doesn't mean that it was a set-up ... do i think any govt has the power to pull something like this off? sure i do ... i just don't think this, or what i mentioned above were set-ups ..
Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I don't normally watch them either. And I never believe any of it unless I research something myself. But I trust that I can usually discern BS from a legitimate claim. And some of the video was easily explained away, but there were some things on there that are just .....well, bizarre.

Like I said, I don't buy that the gov't perpertrated this hoax. However, there are some very good questions out there that need to be answered. Like who was the person the police chased into the woods and handcuffed? Who was the third person in the parking lot that a kid said he saw face down and handcuffed?

I have questions that I haven't even seen mentioned on the conspiracy video. A teenage boy was interviewed during the ordeal that day. He said he saw a 'trooper' bring out a child that was all bloody. He said he saw them bring two more kids out. Why were these children not taken to the hospital? Why were only three brought out? And he said he and his mom live down the street. They were some of the first ones there. His little sister had been in that school. They were still there HOURS later. When asked where his mom was, he said 'over there somewhere' and pointed to a crowd of people off to the left. Really? My child is involved in something like that, I just can't see myself hanging around the scene for HOURS with my child still there!

And what about the little girl who hid under her friends and played dead. Reports said she came out covered in blood. And she wasn't taken to the hospital? Just for the trauma witnessed alone I would have thought she would be taken to the hospital.

I don't know. Just weird.
I dont like watching conspiracy stuff, you never know who is monitoring what you are watching...I know...that sounds like a conspiracy in itself