Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yep, GOD used violence many times throughout the Bible to accomplish His will. Even Jesus overturning tables in the Temple and whipping the money-changers would have been seen as a violent act.

If you really study history, guns have acted as a great equalizer across the world. In other words, guns have actually made the world a less violent place that it has been in the past.

Look at it like this, before the invention of gunpowder, people's primary form of self-defense was swords. However, swords require physical strength, size and the full use of both arms and legs. On top of all that, they also require training and conditioning to learn how to use them effectively.

So if you take a 30-year-old, 6-foot tall, 200-pound man, who's been trained in swordplay for years, and put him up against a 13-year-old, 5'2", 90-pound girl who has never touched a sword in her life. What's going to happen if you give them both a sword and have them fight to the death? The answer is easy, she's going to get cut to pieces fairly quickly and without much effort.

However, take the same two people and place a loaded gun in each of their hands. Now you've leveled the playing field and changed the entire game. It's no longer about physical size or training level, it's about who can pull that trigger the fastest. The girl who has never touched a weapon in her life is suddenly just as dangerous as the highly-trained, physically-powerful man.

Before the invention of guns, all of humanity lived in a 'might makes right' world. Guns have actually helped humanity tame a wild planet and made modern civilization possible.

Of course, many will try to claim that humanity has "evolved" past the need for guns, because we are becoming more intelligent and more civilized through the process of Evolution. Well that just one more lie of this world. Humanity is just as evil and corrupt as we've always been.
We still live in a Might Makes Right Universe...confused with The Myth of Redemptive Violence...all Guns do is up the stakes and make it quicker

I spoke to an Incan the other day....oh...wait...no I didnt...they all died as a result of guns that "leveled the playing field"

...and you talk about knowing History
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

I dont get it...is it because there is three...or one of them is unripe?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
while I may not believe what you do when it comes to God I actually do believe in God....you think God protects people that live a life of worship
and I believe God influences nothing of our day to day lives at all...
and that's no matter who you are,good or evil.

I really believe God lets the chips fall where they may and our journey through
life is just a test and that test of our humanity is the reason we are all here.

so put down the guns and pass the test damn it !

just jk....but only about part of that.
AHHHH an Enlightenment Thinker YES...Emanuel Kant...GOD as Watchmaker...winds it all up...walks away, watches from afar

Do you believe in Rationale and Reason also? Scientific Logic and Modernity? are those the litmus test for your faith and belief in everything
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Do you honnestly think that the Federal Government could be behind a massicre at a school simply to use it as an excuse to put a few more restrictions on firearms??
Absolutely.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Absolutely.
Okay...do you honnestly think the Federal Goverment IS behind THIS particular massicre in a school

Please say no
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Okay...do you honnestly think the Federal Goverment IS behind THIS particular massicre in a school

Please say no
I don't believe that the govt is behind it. But there is some weird things about this.

Did you watch the video Adam posted?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIoPj...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Please say no
I don't have enough information to say, but I'm not going to rule it out.

I just think that if we are expected to simply hand over our freedoms on a silver platter, then it's not unreasonable for us to question the legitimacy of the event itself.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We still live in a Might Makes Right Universe...confused with The Myth of Redemptive Violence...all Guns do is up the stakes and make it quicker

I spoke to an Incan the other day....oh...wait...no I didnt...they all died as a result of guns that "leveled the playing field"

...and you talk about knowing History
If the Incans had guns, then they might still be around. Thanks for proving my point.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
If the Incans had guns, then they might still be around. Thanks for proving my point.
But they didnt...thats my point about Might Makes Right...its about those who have guns...and where everyone has guns, its just those who have bigger guns, or more guns, or faster guns...Guns dont level the playing field, as you suggested, at best, they raise the Might to a whole new level...at worst they just swing the ballence away from those with only traditional weaponry

Why do you think the US dont want Iran to have a nuclear programme?

Its because without one...they are pretty much the Spanish, in my Incan parody. In theory, America could wipe the Irainians out. To give Iran a Nuke would "level the playing field" and then suddenly America would be forced to have to treat them as an equal rather then a subordinate.

Try reading Frederich Nietzsche thoughts on The Will to Power, and The Will to Knowledge...He talks about what he calls "power discourse" which is exactly what you like to watch whenever you switch on to the UFC...Its why things like Professional Wrestling are so entertaining to men as old as fifty odd....These things are displays of Dominance and submission...of the flow of power...and sometimes, its reversal

Magnified to a much greate extent is the philosophy that everyone is held in a network of power between one and another. You are subordinate to your boss, You are dominant over your Children...obvious ones...and then there are less obvious ones.

Having met you in person, I know you arent half as brash in real life as you come across in person. The internet is strange because it can allow people to reverse the power discourses of normal everyday life. People can have an aura about them online, which implies status and dominance, that they do not have in person....What they effectively do sometimes, is be alot more free online then they are in person, it enables an expression which is sometimes false, just simply because there is no human contact. I cant see your expression when you type...I only have your words on the screen...they make you out to be a real black and white brash American...I know in person that you are not, if anything I kinda remember you as quiet, maybe not shy, but certainly not forthright like you appear online.

I remember distinctly you said a similar thing about believing that online I was far more emotional, or emotive, or sensative, or something like that, and when you met me you discovered actually I wasnt.

Do you even own a firearm? and if you do...have you ever fired a gun...even for target practise or something....? (and this excludes your time in the military Nathan)

Most people, like you and I dont really do it deliberately...its impossible to convey yourself properly online, and of course your reaction is to other peoples thoughts of you online, not the real you. But there are people who do it deliberatley...those are extreme trolls...and you see them bragging about what they could do, or could not do, because the internet shields them....sure they could take on Matt Hughes in a fight and win...they might sound convincing...but they are some pasty underaged nerd from the back of beyond who gets beaten up every day at school coz he's Skeered.

This is what Nietzsche meant...and it exists between everyone...and also at many different levels...on a big scale...its what makes the world of international politics work, It is the profound nuances in Barack Obamas weekly address, as much as it is in the awe inspiring launch of the most recent north Korean missile. Its the power of the press to shame the Government into a U-Tern - as much as it is the illicit authority of the European Supreme Court in this land.

Power is never Equal Nathan....not ever...even in a marriage, a Christian, loving, satisfying, long marriage...one person is dominant, one is submissive.

...and whilst the reversal of a discourse can be self satisfying briefly...like Saddam and his silly beggers with the weapons inspectors...sooner or later, the Submissive will be knocked back by the Dominant.

Might Makes Right...and it always will. Guns or no Guns.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I don't believe that the govt is behind it. But there is some weird things about this.

Did you watch the video Adam posted?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIoPj...ature=youtu.be
I did not watch it.

For very good reasons.

Can you guess what those reasons might be.